Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Kratom
    #3197791 - 09/29/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Recently received a rooted (lots of illiteration) Kratom cutting. Thought I'd share since I managed to snag a picture of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Kratom [Re: neuro]
    #3197983 - 09/29/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

nice, what's your experience with kratom?

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3198001 - 09/29/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

pretty cool. i hope to get a plant someday also.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3198757 - 09/30/04 01:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

nice! :laugh:
make sure you update us when it gts bigger. I want a kratom plant tooooo :tongue2:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3199884 - 09/30/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good going, neuro. Kratom is a major plant to score for the old garden. It grows fast, in a year you could have a 3' plant easy, maybe bigger. Be sure to repot it when it looks like it's needed. When they are small they don't seem to like full sun all day. I'd give it partial sun or even bright shade until it gets a little bigger.

Stoney

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Kratom [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3201044 - 09/30/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Damn I didn't know that they grew so fast. I might snag one after all.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Kratom [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3203282 - 10/01/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a small tree from Thailand near bangkok. Some tree will grow upt o fifty meters in heigth.

Mjshroomer

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Kratom [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3203456 - 10/01/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nice pictures there MJ.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom [Re: Hooty]
    #3204790 - 10/01/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

limited... i've had some extracts which were nice, and some more recent extracts that are way better. Not much experience with tea as i don't like the taste, and my dealings with kratom are usually few and far between since acquiring leaf in the past and authentic leaf was hard.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Kratom [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3205272 - 10/01/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, I have made tea with a tea bag and a bag of sugar and no bad taste at all. Chewing a fresh leaf buzzed the hell out o f me and I am a talker and shit i could not stop for the world. For at least a few hours.

I rambled on. Now I smoked a few puffs and found it too harsh for my throat. And then I have also sucked on dry leaves which is the worst.

Fresh is where the high is really at.

You pluck out the stipe of the leaf and fold the rest of the leaf minus the ceneter stipe and keep it soggy, later after ten to fifteen minutes you spit out the leaf and rinse your mouth out with water. Thats how the Samui folk who turned me on to it for stamina showed me. I sat with them for a couple of leaf sessions.. On one ocassion I learned that chickens love coconut. I watched d my friend book crack open a coconut and the roosters and chickens came out of nowhere and ganged up onthe coconut meat and liquid. IT was really amazing. Like a cat with a catnip ball going bezirkers ont hye coconut. Truly an amazing site to see.

Of course if you had been there then that would make a difference.

I visit these people every year for several days of my journey while on Samui. They live in a nice house behinf (1/4 km back of the closed buffalo arena at Na muang.

Have a shroomy day. they are more fun than an opiated high.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3207003 - 10/02/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I really want to get a Kratom plant, but they seem so expensive. From the looks of it, they give off a LOT of material though. Is there a good place to order from?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom [Re: Twirling]
    #3207026 - 10/02/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Most places i've seen are expensive for live plants. I was really seeking one out as a way to experiment with some alternative and experimental propagation methods with it.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3207185 - 10/02/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have a few kratom cuttings I've been trying to root. One is about a month and a half old and still alive but I don't see any new growth yet. I wouldn't swap for a cutting until it showed new growth because it might not live. The people who know how to propagate it are keeping the info to themselves. I have succeeded in the past but it was just dumb luck. Maybe some of my recent attempts will be one of the lucky ones.

A while back I played around with tissue culture in hopes of propagating kratom and other plants. TC turned out to be a little harder than I thought. What brought me down I now believe were dust mites. I could never figure out how my baby food jars with the special neoprene lids always ended up contaminated with mold no matter how careful I was. Even jars that were never opened after pc'ing all come down with contams. Someone explained to me it was the mites. They just walk in and contaminate everything. Next time I'll use some sticky substance around the openings to foil the walk in crowd. Anybody want baby food jars with special lids?

Stoney

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3208485 - 10/02/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've got a few ideas, but I too am keeping them to myself  :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order