Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Post-workout relaxations?
    #3180163 - 09/25/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Heya all, how are ya.

I've been ruinning into some troubles with my legs....i've recently resumed biking as transportation, and it's gettin a bit rough. I was just wondering what you all do to try and alllieviate muscle soreness/tightness after a long workout.

Ciuz i'm gettin pretty damned tight about the knees.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Post-workout relaxations? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3180332 - 09/25/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ideally, after one of my workouts, i like to take a short walk.  but i never do.

if you are sore right now - easy stretching (hold for at least 8 seconds, don't bounce) and ice is the fastest relief for that.  basically, you want to get some blood flowing around those muscle tears..massaging the muscle is good.

the more you exercise over time, for you riding your bike, that soreness shouldn't really happen anymore.  it's always good to give you legs a good stretch to prevent that after exercise tightness too.

if it is joint pain around your knees, i don't know much about what to do about joint pain..

on a side note - alcohol doesn't help AT ALL with the soreness either...it actually promotes that muscle soreness.  :smirk:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3185031 - 09/27/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I find masturbation helps me unwind after a long and arduous workout :grin:

Nawwww just playin' RC. Try a nice warm bath, seriously i know it sounds kinda corny but it works, perhaps also consider wrapping your knees in tensor badages, firm but not enuff to cut off your circulation :wink:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3185579 - 09/27/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If the knees are tight from biking, you need to use a lower gear. I learned this after a while, and it really works! Pedal faster, not harder. Better for you and the bike.

Eat more bananas. If you don't like bananas, start taking B-12, which will help your muscle cramps/joint soreness. Really, you should take a B-12 vitamin anyway, because it's good for so many things.

Stretching after you bike is a super idea. Long slow stretches, no bouncing. I wouldn't ice either, unless you have actual swelling. Stretching not only help your joints become more flexible, but it will actually help your muscles grow faster, which will make the bike easier!

Again, if it's just biking, go on some longer bike rides, that are longer than your work commute. After a while, that short jaunt to work will seem like nothing :smile:

I bike to work alot and my boyfriend bikes every day year round, even through the snow in winter! He's aweome though  :laugh: Keep it up, and your body will catch up with what you want it to do. You can also do some extra exercises that are meant just for bikers to help you get stronger faster. I can help you out here if you can't find any websites/books that you like.

Don't forget to drink lots of water! And good for you for biking to work!!!!!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds