Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
pf strains on non-pf substrates
    #317485 - 05/14/01 10:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

have people experienced that strains coming from pf tend to do worse on non-pf substrates (such as rye, birdseed, dung, etc)? does this seem likely? i have heard reports about this in the past concerning the "pf classic" strain and am wondering about his "new lineup" of strains from elsewhere (like b+, eq, etc).
hes got good prices and everything is always available. i just wonder about the possibility of mycelium trained to like brown fucking rice flour...
-daniel.

Edited by rebelmoon on 05/17/01 07:02 AM.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
Re: pf strains on non-pf substrates [Re: rebelmoon]
    #321049 - 05/19/01 04:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

no one has ordered strains from pf and used them w/ other substrates???

*bump*

--------------------

Offline*HeGz*
old hand
    #321055 - 05/19/01 04:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Have never had that problem, sorry. My friends grow fine on all substrates.

Please could you stop the noise I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's there, what's there

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #321061 - 05/19/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I don't see how this can be because pf carries the same type of strains as most other vendors.

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
Re: pf strains on non-pf substrates [Re: Taz]
    #321079 - 05/19/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

my point was that there might be a difference between pf and other suppliers because pf grows on brf and cakes whereas most other suppliers grow on grains/straw/compost/etc and casings.

mycelium can be sensitive to its growing medium -- if youve ever done agar transfers youll know what i mean -- and i was wondering if *spores* are affected by the previous growing medium as well (as in pf spore prints being different from other suppliers spore prints of the same strain).

ive read that the pf classic tends to do a lot better w/ the pf tek than with casings and other substrates, so i wondered about the other strains that pf carries. make sense?
-daniel.

--------------------

Offline12BLate
    #321248 - 05/19/01 09:14 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

When a strain is grown out over and over on the same substrate, rice/verm in pf's case then it does slowly degenerates. Stamets refers to this in TMC, I believe it is called senescens <spelling> When you buy spores from PF you can bet they are trained for rice cakes. His pf classic is so far mutated its beyond repair. I have read post here and there over the last year of growers having this same problem with B+ and Ecuador from PF. The degeneration of these races being grown out over and over on rice has probaby set in.
I have never seen any pictures here of outstading results from pf spores on other substrates. I would bet you could take any of his recent (new to pf) strains and start them out on other substrates and after a few generations they would give off some good flushes.
If your working with agar, why even buy spores from pf when you can buy some quality prints from sporeworks, thehawkseye, or sporechicks?
My thoughts, if your a newbie and are using rice/verm cakes and think you will always grow on rice/verm cakes then order from pf if your looking to save $1 or $2.
If you want spores that are run through several different substrates and have no possibility of being degenerated then buy from any of the other 3 mentioned.

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
Re: pf strains on non-pf substrates [Re: 12BLate]
    #321359 - 05/20/01 12:45 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

im looking for some inexspensive syringes for a friend who ill be helping start out. but not with pf tek. so thats why i was asking, and also just because i was curious...
-daniel.

--------------------

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #321509 - 05/20/01 10:02 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My friends havent even cultivated their first flush as of yet but "they" do tell me how they can see how hybrid strains always grown using the same foods/nutrients might become genectically partial and grow better on same, makes sense...

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules