Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineohioscott
shroomer
Loc: Ohio, USA
need help with Northeast Ohio Mushroom ID
    #3171456 - 09/23/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hey fella's! I have been checking out the shroomery for about a year now and have done quite a bit of hunting with absolutely no success. I have read all the descriptions and hunting tips etc. and I have recently come accross some pretty crazy looking mushies. I read that psylocibe caerelupes grow in Ohio and I think I may have found some but I'm not quite sure. Dont have any pics just yet but here is what they look like... Most were fairly small (biggest cap about 1 1/2 inches) with bent semi-brown / lilac stems and a light brownish cap. The thing that really caught my eye tho was that the gills were lilac to dark purple! Some were so purple that the whole shroom had a purple tint. It looks like there is some blueing on the stems, but its hard to differentiate between the purple and blue! I found them growing in abundance on a shady slope right by a small stream. I read that caerelupes can have lilac gills, but all the pictures i have seen of them have been more of a chocolate brown, other then that they look nearly identical. I was also wondering if there is any possibility that there are other types of "shrooms" in my area growing wild besides caerelupes and gymnopolis. Thanx for your time and help.
-Scott-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhiteknight
shroomologist
 User Gallery

Loc: East coast
Re: need help with Northeast Ohio Mushroom ID [Re: ohioscott]
    #3171797 - 09/23/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Panaeolus subbalteatus...look in horse shit and stable shavings/rotting haypiles...I don't know much about caerulipes because I've never found it...it'd be a lot easier to ID if you had pics too...good luck

--------------------
Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with its three warm and wild eyes.

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract