Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises
    #3165863 - 09/22/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well I went out today with my friend Grant and we drove from east to west and here is what we found. We also found some cool flowers and a few small growing Psilocybe stuntzii and some interessting fungi and a puff ball.

SOme of the shrooms are gigantic Agaricus and some are small blue ringers.

Also a shot of Angel's Trumpet (Datura)

HEre we go.

30 images. Hope that is not too much at one time to handle:

And here are some giant keys next to a big white one of the first two images.

A few feet away from these white shrooms WE found these ones in clumps under tall grasses:

Another shot of a second grouping of the same above shrooms

Now here are some really interesting giant clusters of scaly capped-shrooms about five feet formt he white shrooms and about 8 feet from the last two images. Some of these f images have my friend Grant in them to show size.

Here is Grant and the cluster of shrooms

Another cluster of older specimens about one foot fromthe above three clusters int he last images above:

Now these next two images lioi8ked o awfully leathery in the ground. Came out as beautiful photos. you should see them on the giant screen.

Here they are:

And now the Gigantic Agaricus Mushrooms with a twenty in one foto and my friend Grant checking out its large size.

And here is a close up of that gigantic Agaricus:

And here is Grant Checking out the large size of the shroom up close and personal:

mj

See below for follow-up 0 photos of todays great adventure in Seattle from East to West.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (09/22/04 05:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3166051 - 09/22/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

lol ... nice pics ,,  :cool:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3166052 - 09/22/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Now here are the Blue Ringers (Psilocybe stuntzii). IF you look carefully at some in the ground and some in my hand, you will notice stems with no caps. This is from the creepy lawnmower people who came along this morning before we found this lawn and mowed the grass away. These guys came up after the lawn mower people mowed the grass. So therefore you can see some stems which are capless becasue of the blades of the lawn mower. The others are frshh and coming up and some of the bigger ones with caps half the size of a dime were slightly damaged from the lawn mowers blades so you can see some blue-black bruising in the caps of some of these babies.

This first one is in h my hand but look tot he right of the small babies in the grass hiding form view:

Here you can see one clear young specimen tot he one in my hand on the tright in the grass.

A small blue ringer cap in my hand and to the right of my hand, several specimens which survived the blade. Of course you can see the chopped stems in this image.

and a close up of the image above. Notice the bluing in the cap

A small collection inmy hand. Notice the single stems with no caps, a result of lawn mower blades which cut the caps off which always grow tot he height of the grasses.

A close up of some of the above shrooms in my hand

Some young specimens hiding under the grass, a little blurry. Sorry, it was raining and I had to watch out for the health of my camera:

A single blue ringer stem and cap standing as you see it in the lawn fromthe damage from the blades of the mower.

And another group of young babies but a slight blur to the image. Sorry about that:

and here are half of the blue ringers found in one to two square feet of lawn today. Oh yes, they butchered the lawn like many idiot lawn care service people do becasue they do not know how to correctly mow a lawn or adjust the blades.

Mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #3166084 - 09/22/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

And now to round up the final few images. I took 62 photos, deleted four and posted thirty all together here for all of you.

Here we have a really cool puffball:

And for a really cool image, be sure to click on this flower posted below here. Let me tell you this is one beautiful looking flower:

And finally two images of Datura (Angel's Trumpet), not sure3 of the species:

Well there they are. Took a while to copy them from the memory card and then to put them into separate folders and then to shrink them all in photoshop and not have my jpeg compressor here to help. SO I finally got them all posted within three hours for thirty images.

A lot of work went into this venture today.

have fun and enjoy and see you in the shroom time.

mj

InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

#3166202 - 09/22/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Pics like always, keep up the good work man!

I can't wait to go hunting in a few days, Ivan has left us tons and tons of rain

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3166335 - 09/22/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

amazing pics as always.. if you are interested that datura is tree datura known as Brugmansia candida

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3166354 - 09/22/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the Datura ID. I also photographed one up in the mountains at Taksinmaharat Antional Forest in Tak Thailand. IT was very beautoiiful but the flowers were dying off. I also found a beautiful Baby hawaiian Wooodrose in Samui ISland. I should have staywed there for a while. Would have gotten about ten pounds of seeds. Itr was just flowering when i found it. I posted images here somewhere of the tree (Datura) and the woodrose.

have a shroomy day.

mj

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
    #3166423 - 09/22/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

while were on the subject of datura even tho a little off topic heh. i thought i would share a pic of my recent harvest of datura ive found around the east coast (it grows all over here)
( i have no upload space so i had to decompress)
this happenes to be datura metel

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3168938 - 09/23/04 05:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the Datura info. Nice to know.

have a shroomy day

mj

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #3169195 - 09/23/04 08:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think your giant agaricus looks more like an aged stropharia rugosoannulata and the dark purple deposit on the annualis and cellulose-rich substrate of woodchips supports me on this :smile:

also the daturas are actually brugmansias :smile:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3169582 - 09/23/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats a good point on the SRA...

@cro found one in Seattle on woodchips in the spring, so even though they are rare they are possible!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3170525 - 09/23/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Your giant cluster of shrooms, I've been finding them around here too in refuse piles and random wood piles growing by the hundreds:

I refused to pick them to examine because they had a slimy, smelly, yellow goo on them (which I found out the hard way).

And that cluster of leathery ones, I keep finding em too:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: vc77]
    #3171186 - 09/23/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yep, i've been finding those leathery ones too!!!  anyone know what they are?  they've been growing by the pounds in a few parks!

:sun:
Psily

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3177730 - 09/25/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck