Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Jiffy-Mix
    #315756 - 05/12/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Just thaught I'd tell everyone that wal-mart had Jiffy-Mix on sale for $1.00 per bag. Dunno if this is only my local wal-mart, but you might wanna check with yours. For those of you that don't know, jiffy-mix is a 50/50 mix of vermiculite and peat moss with lime powder already in it along with a little perlite. It makes a good substrate and is already mixed for ya ; ) Also, I'm gonna try putting some of my Rep-Cal (calcium) in with it and see how well it works. Rep-Cal is calcium powder for reptiles and can be found at just about all pet stores. Anyway, just thaught I'd tell everyone that the Jiffy-Mix was on sale at the wal-mart here in case you wanna check with your local wal-mart.

Also, does anyone know if substituting the Jiffy-Mix for vermiculite in the pf cakes would make the cakes better or worse? Like I said, its just the peat moss and verm already mixed with a little lime powder added in. I'm probably gonna try it anyway cause I've only got enough vermiculite left to do a jar or two and I can't find the vermiculite around here. If this would work, could someone give me an ideal recipe for the cakes using jiffy mix? I figure the peat moss is gonna help keep the cakes moist a little better and the lime powder would help the cubies grow. I dunno if using the jiffy-mix in place of the vermiculite on top of the cakes would be as effective of a 'filter' but I'm probably gonna use some poly-fil for that anyway.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

Edited by DarK_SavioR on 05/12/01 11:46 PM.

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Jiffy-Mix [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #330175 - 05/30/01 10:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

have you used the jiffy mix yet? results?

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
Re: Jiffy-Mix *DELETED* [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #330280 - 05/31/01 12:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybe cubensis

Offlinemiles
Re: Jiffy-Mix [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #330723 - 05/31/01 01:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i have found that walmart clearances stuff when they aren't going to carry it any more....they did it to the scotts vermiculite i used to use....you may want to snatch a bunch of bags or ask the clerk if it is being "clearanced". walmart seems to now be afraid to carry vermiculite, so maybe they are abandoning the jiffy mix since it has verm??

OfflineHow
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24876693 - 12/29/17 06:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DarK_SavioR said:
It makes a good substrate

Very old post but this makes no sense to me though I am a noob. Jiffy Mix contains zero nutrients or nearly that. So no good as substrate but great for casing.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Jiffy-Mix [Re: How]
    #24876720 - 12/29/17 06:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

yup. jiffy mix is half coco half peat i think.

this threads old enough to have grass on the infield. id rather play in the mud tho.:thumbup:

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jiffy-Mix [Re: mushboy]
    #24876723 - 12/29/17 06:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Stop reading super old posts if you want good information. Some things haven't changed but some things have.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24876726 - 12/29/17 06:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Nothing to see here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds