Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
wierd physical problems, and I hate going to the doc...
    #3153286 - 09/19/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have had a bad ringing in my ear's for the past month. I also have been quite tired, not getting more than 2 hours of uninhibited sleep a night, but being in bed for at least 8 hours.

Two weeks ago I quit smoking weed to see if that was the problem and I have not tripped on any shrooms/acid/cacti for over 3 months.

I also have a regular excersize routine including wieght lifting and jogging that I have been religiously following for the past 6 months.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? I do not like going to the doc, I do not have a family GP, so that means going to a walk in clinic which also means I will get pills perscribed to me that I probably don't need without getting the examination I do need. Canada might have free health care, but the quality of service is highly questionable.

Anyway's any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: wierd physical problems, and I hate going to the doc... [Re: FlusH]
    #3153460 - 09/19/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hmm I'm guessing you not getting enough sleep could be something.

But to fall asleep, try this. Think of something in the past. Something that has already happened. It usually works for me.

It's like little kids on christmas eve. They can't go to sleep because all they can think about is Christmas tomorrow.

OfflineFlusH

Re: wierd physical problems, and I hate going to the doc... [Re: adamj]
    #3154157 - 09/19/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That could be, I have been quite stressed out recently.  I broke down and smoked a nice big J of Romulan and damn near tripped as hard as acid.  I realized how much I have been denying myself of myself.  and have been quite self conscious recently. 

I will give your technique a try, it makes sense.  Thanks for your help!

Good karma your way! :cool: :grin:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3160516 - 09/21/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The quality of health care in Canada is really high, but its only free for citizens. I would reconmmend going to the emergency room and giving them a fake name and address. They have to help you no matter what. Tell them you lost your id. I did that when I was travelling in the states and it works real well. However, the doctor I saw there was the biggest moron who didn't know anything about my problem and I recieved no help at all. Most things can be free if you're smart about it.

Offlinealtitude
stranger thanmost

Re: wierd physical problems, and I hate going to the doc... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #3160619 - 09/21/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think you have Tinnitus.

http://www.ata.org/about_tinnitus/consumer/faq.html

Or google for tinnitus

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: wierd physical problems, and I hate going to the doc... [Re: altitude]
    #3163761 - 09/22/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

altitude said:
I think you have Tinnitus.

... I think this is likely... you have the same symptoms as a friend.
It's also possible that it's high blood pressure.
Good luck finding and stopping it.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #3163867 - 09/22/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You may not like going to the doctor but you really should if the problem is big enough to worry you. Home remedies are great if you know what the problem is. First you need to indentify it.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineFlusH

#3164670 - 09/22/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks to all for the replies, I checked into tinnitus and that seem's like a good possibility since I have TMJ ( When I open my mouth too much my jaw snap's loudly out of place) That could be a instigator for tinnitus according to the website altitude posted.

" The quality of health care in Canada is really high, but its only free for citizens."

That is true, but the quality of service is extremely disturbing. I have filed two separate complaints over the past 2 years, one on harassment by the faculty and another because of a bad misdiagnosis which put me on chemo radiation treatment when I did not need it. But these are just my reason's for disliking the system. Not all doctors are that bad. I gotta get myself into a better perspective.

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #3165063 - 09/22/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ah TMJ is annoying, my sister had it and had to get a retainer-type of thing that re-aligned her jaw. ONce she did that, though, it got better.

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3165133 - 09/22/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tinnitus is just the fancy term for ringing in your ear. That's like saying when you have poison ivy, ring worm, a scrape, eczema, or any other skin problem it's called dermatitis. Dermatitis doesn't tell you exactly what the problem is. There many many things that have Tinnitus as a symptom. As the website may have mentioned medications are often the most common, neurological disorders, lack of sleep chronic fatigue/stress could most certainly do it, and TMJ is also a possibility that has tinnitus as a symptom though this is relatively uncommon but does happen.

TMJ sucks, i've been living with it all my life, but i don't have good enough habits to cut out gum (though i rarely chew it), large breads and sub sandwhiches, apples and the like. Also remembering to wear the night guard sucks.

Go to the doctor.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale