Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno
    #314298 - 05/10/01 07:33 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: ]
    #314368 - 05/10/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i like to think psychedelics have been very beneficial for me, helping me to be calmer and kinder, more understanding of the mechanics of emotions, the structure of personality, the physical plane and who/what i am.
in terms of the old adage - man, know thyself - i feel psychedelics have been very helpful.
i have a friend who used a lot of shrooms without regard for set and setting or respect for the shroom and he has evolved into a chain-smoking alcoholic slob (no offense to chain-smoking alcoholic slobs intended, but he was a pretty sweet and happy guy before he developed a penchance for shrooms)
wiser people than me have considered the fx of psychedelics so keep reading those books before you make any decisions. my feeling is psychedelics, used wisely, bring out conditions that are already inside the partaker, a catalyst of sorts. if you are into growth, it will help you grow, if you are into being a dick, it will enhance that tendency.

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
    #314910 - 05/11/01 02:39 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think I'm basically the same, but maybe a little more calculated, and can keep my cool better. I traveled a lot as a kid, and that changed my perspective more than anything else. It made me realize at an earlier age than most people that there is this whole world out there that does not revolve around me, my language, or my beliefs. Later in life when I did use psychedelics, it just reinforced those feelings, and showed me the same thing but on a different, internal level.
They made me more calculated because they taught me to hang on, even if unknown, freaky shit was happening. That it will all come around and be ok again.
They do affect different prople differently, so keep that in mind, too.

"such a fine line between stupid and...clever."

--------------------

Offlineforax
Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: uncarved_block]
    #314940 - 05/11/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by forax (09/28/08 04:23 PM)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: forax]
    #314998 - 05/11/01 04:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

only positive things have come out from it--neutral side effects such as permanently damaged eyes (u know those little red dots) and sometimes having trouble thinking straight dont bother me much. i dont regret ever having tripped and next week im gonna do it again for the first time in over 2 months...it will be my first solo trip so i hope it comes out as good or better than my last two. but in all psychedelics have changed my view on life a little and have moved me out of a dangerous depression when i first did them...and they give me something to look forward to since there is almost nothing in my life to look forward to

We're all mad here...

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
    #315115 - 05/11/01 06:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think that tripping has made me more tolerant and respectful of people's differences. I don't really get angry or hold a grudge anymore, because I realize how trivial things are and what a short life we all have. I think that it has made me respect nature a little more and all together I feel that it has changed me positively.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #315126 - 05/11/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Newt(phishdude), i've read a lot of your posts and you seem to be well educated and well informed and I honestly don't think that experiementing will end up having negative effects on you. By this I mean you don't seem like you would make stupid newbie mistakes. just don't rush into it. if the time is right go for it. You know yourself better than anyone on this board so only you can make that decision. My personal experience with psychedelics has been generally positive. A few lapses in judgement have caused some unpleasent experiences but they all ended up being learning experiences that made me a little wiser and stronger. The only time you get into trouble is when you get greedy and try to force things. An personal experience of mine that is relevant is documented. It can be found in level 3 trip reports called "Pure Fatigue" if you are interested.

Excessive use of technology will eventually enslave mankind.

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: mr crisper]
    #315506 - 05/12/01 08:01 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm feelin' all you guys

"Where do you draw the line?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineDan
    #315657 - 05/12/01 12:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well, they helped bring me out of a depression. They've helped me enjoy simple things more. At least while I'm trippin I want to get out more. For instance going to this park near my house and sitting by the lake or walking around is just the greatest feeling. There does seem to be a downside to this. I went airboating on Lake Kissimmee last weekend but I didn't have any shrooms. So I kinda felt like I was missing something special. Like I could of been having so much more fun if I was trippin. Don't get me wrong it was an awesome experience, but I still wished it could of been mind blowing. But anyway, psychedelics have also helped me listen to some self hypnosis and they've helped me to intensely enjoy classical music(and other music). The whole hobby around shrooms is very rewarding though it can be alot of work and a pain in the ass too. I am unaware of any negative side effects. I've been growing for 8 months and as far as I'm concerned shrooms are the perfect drug. Oh I've also lost the need to go find bad drugs like coke or x. And screw the legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco. Those are the worst ones.

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: Dan]
    #316928 - 05/14/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I've felt the same way you have, Dan and I think that can be a dangerous way to feel. I'm talking about the "missing out" feeling if you're not tripping when you do something really cool. Don't forget to enjoy experiences that are really cool just for the pure joy of the experience without any "special ingredients". You might end up tripping all the time so you don't miss anything (which can wear you and those around you down). There's so much to enjoy in life in ANY state, be prepared to enjoy things no matter what drugs or company you have or don't have. Just something to keep in mind anyway. That thought has helped me bring greater balance to my life.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #316960 - 05/14/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think, overall, my use of shrooms has had no PROFOUND impact on my personality. By profound I mean changes that I notice, and the people around me notice, right away. Drastic changes. None of that has happened to me.

I do consider my experiences to be EXTREMELY rewarding, however. I have changed, as a result of them. It actually took me a LONG time to realize anything had changed at all. When I did, I asked a friend about it and he said he had noticed the same change in himself (not that this friend was with me when we both tripped for the first time, and has been with me EVERY time we have tripped).

We respect things now, much more so than we used to. Some times while I'm walking outside, I feel an almost uncontrollable urge to just find a spot of grass and lay down on it so I can stare at a blue sky. Or watch the clouds roll by. A sunrise or a sunset. None of those things held any real meaning for me, before shrooms. Now I admire them for the beauty they bring to the world.

That's one change, the other one is that I am now thinking about changing my Major in university. I'm in Computer Science right now, but I might change to Pharmacology. I know more than anyone else I know (and I'm not trying to be conceited) about the actual medical effects of psychedelics. I would never have been so interested if I had not first experienced the power of these drugs.

I say: go for it. But ONLY if you feel you are ready. Don't let anyone, friend or not, push you into it. If you do decide to start using, I find it beneficial to go in to EVERY experience as if it were my first. No expectations. No "I've done this before, it's no biggie now".

-----------------------

The key, you see, is Understanding.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: Floydian]
    #317273 - 05/14/01 06:21 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I believe the use of psychedelics have made me more tolerant, and more creative. After spiritually shrooming a few times, I suddenly had the ability to weave hemp. out of no where. All sorts of complicated knots just came easy to me. It removes you from the left hemisphered thinking (logical side) and prevents me from being to self-critical.

by the way, Floydian, do you know of the band Fear Factory? Your signature sounds just like Fear Factory philosophy.

Nothing of what I say is a personal matter. All cultivation questions are on behalf of counterparts who risk growing. I take no responsibility in being the messenger.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #317287 - 05/14/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

IT HAS MADE ME LESS ARGUMENTATIVE AND ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: How have psychedelics changed you as a person? [Re: Kid]
    #317321 - 05/14/01 06:59 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

LESS??? Oh man, Thank God for psychedelics!

Nothing of what I say is a personal matter. All cultivation questions are on behalf of counterparts who risk growing. I take no responsibility in being the messenger.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies