Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Wake Up!
    #3132698 - 09/13/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is just a short description of my current philosophical/religious cosmology. It isn't 'true', because in trying to describe the indescribable with words, words always fall short of truth. This cosmology is what I see when I gather all the knowlege I have accumulated so far and piece it together and examine how it fits using my third eye.

It seems to me now that one vast consciousness is experiencing different realities which are coded on the different DNA programs. Consciousness is just witnessing different realities. The consciousness that I call 'me' (tha Atman) is the part of Brahma which is watching the show of 'my' DNA. Every species represents a unique show, and every individual in the species is a unique perspective on that show.

So, make it a good show for consciousness to watch because until you wake up you're never EVER going to see a different show...Just THIS life over and over again. That's the 'Determinism' part of it.

But since you don't know what the rest of your 'predetermined by DNA' life experience is going to be...YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYTHING YOU WANT! That's the 'Free Will' part of it.

The best thing you can do in this life is WAKE UP. Because when you 'wake up' in this world, you're waking life becomes 'lucid living'. When you WAKE up, or become 'enlightened' you will have total mastery of the physical world, just as you have mastery in the dream world when you lucid dream.

So...how do you wake up? Well you gotta remember who you really are. You are NOT anything in the show (not the DNA programmed mind, body, or external show). What you ARE is the CONSCIOUSNESS that is watching this mind/body that you are calling 'you' have an adventure in space time.

Dis-identify yourself from everything that can be experienced and discover your true self.

Once you do that...there is only one more hurdle until you awaken.

Now WAKE UP!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Wake Up! [Re: Source]
    #3132738 - 09/14/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

but what if you prefer the dream world  :oogle:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineStinky
Toaster ofPop-tarts

#3132758 - 09/14/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hm, that seems like a roundabout way to get to where most people already are.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Wake Up! [Re: Muppet]
    #3132769 - 09/14/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No matter what world you're in, your always in a dream.

The difference is KNOWING you are in a dream. Then the dream of 'waking life' becomes lucid...and then there is no limit to what you can do in your life. Absoltely NO LIMIT!

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Wake Up! [Re: Stinky]
    #3132798 - 09/14/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stinky said:
Hm, that seems like a roundabout way to get to where most people already are.

Who was it who said, "And at the end of all our wanderings, we will arrive at the place we began. But We Will know the place for the first time."

It isn't about 'going somewhere else'. There's no where else to go. It's about fully realizing WHERE AND WHAT YOU ARE.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #3132809 - 09/14/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my point exactly - if you 'wake up' from the dream, then you just find yourself in another reality that you assume is actually the 'real world' and the whole process starts anew

staying in the dream world after realizing it's all just a dream is k3y  :thumbup:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Wake Up! [Re: Muppet]
    #3132879 - 09/14/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the 'waking up' doesn't take you out of any dream, it only means you realize you're dreaming.

I think that's why the Buddhists say Samsara = Nirvana.

--------------------

Edited by Source (09/14/04 12:40 AM)

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #3133000 - 09/14/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ah to be lucid for extended periods of time without waking up - the holy grail of lucid dreaming. I have achieved such a state a few times, it was probably just one rem cycle - 15-20 minutes of dreaming, but it seems like hours or even days.

its so easy to fall back into "normal" dreaming after gaining lucidity. in fact, staying lucid is the hardest thing to do in lucid dreaming. many a night you'll realize you're dreaming only to fade back into non-lucid dreamland. many a night you'll find yourself - aware - and amazed and staggered by the possibilities, uttering to yourself "this is a dream and I am the dreamer. I control my own destiny; there is no script, no truth, no limits." then, as always happens,
the dream is gone.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3133070 - 09/14/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for posting this. I've been entertaining similiar venues of thought lately.

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
Re: Wake Up! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #3133178 - 09/14/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

And then of course, the one who has attained enlightenment may fall back to sleep dreaming that he is enlightened.

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3133180 - 09/14/04 04:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Source said:
This is just a short description of my current philosophical/religious cosmology. It isn't 'true', because in trying to describe the indescribable with words, words always fall short of truth. This cosmology is what I see when I gather all the knowlege I have accumulated so far and piece it together and examine how it fits using my third eye.

It seems to me now that one vast consciousness is experiencing different realities which are coded on the different DNA programs. Consciousness is just witnessing different realities. The consciousness that I call 'me' (tha Atman) is the part of Brahma which is watching the show of 'my' DNA. Every species represents a unique show, and every individual in the species is a unique perspective on that show.

So, make it a good show for consciousness to watch because until you wake up you're never EVER going to see a different show...Just THIS life over and over again. That's the 'Determinism' part of it.

But since you don't know what the rest of your 'predetermined by DNA' life experience is going to be...YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYTHING YOU WANT! That's the 'Free Will' part of it.

The best thing you can do in this life is WAKE UP. Because when you 'wake up' in this world, you're waking life becomes 'lucid living'. When you WAKE up, or become 'enlightened' you will have total mastery of the physical world, just as you have mastery in the dream world when you lucid dream.

So...how do you wake up? Well you gotta remember who you really are. You are NOT anything in the show (not the DNA programmed mind, body, or external show). What you ARE is the CONSCIOUSNESS that is watching this mind/body that you are calling 'you' have an adventure in space time.

Dis-identify yourself from everything that can be experienced and discover your true self.

Once you do that...there is only one more hurdle until you awaken.

How would aliens fit into your theory? Just out of curiousity? Are they part of "It" too? Or did they create "It?"

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Wake Up! [Re: MOTH]
    #3137180 - 09/14/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I guess, in keeping with the ideas I stated, aliens would just be 'part of the show', to thicken the plot.

--------------------

OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

#3138052 - 09/15/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Where would free will be in this theory? The way I see it is believing you have free will is the dream, realizing you don't have free will is waking up, and continuing to guide (can't think of a better word right now) your will though you know it's not free is staying in the dream after waking up.

But then I can also see someone saying, believing you do not have free will is like watching a dream, and believing you do have free will is waking up.

After writing this though I feel like I just wrote the same thing twice, instead of two opposite sides, like it doesn't really matter how you feel about free will at all. Or maybe I'm just noticing what you said about not being able to express truth through words, only kind of backwards, opposite words both being truth. This always happens when I think about philosophy, I realize that any statement is wrong, and right, kind of like how opposites create balance, yet are always in conflict. But I'm always left with a great feeling of harmony that lies between the two opposites, I guess where a lot of people see conflict I see harmony. I kind of got off topic, but does that make sense at all to anyone?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Wake Up! [Re: FrankieN]
    #3138067 - 09/15/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yes. when I think about philosophy, I "realize" that any statement is wrong, and right, kind of like how opposites create balance, yet are always in conflict. But I'm always left with a great feeling of harmony that lies between the two opposites, I guess where a lot of people see conflict I alsow see harmony. you kind of got off topic, but that make sense to me :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3140142 - 09/15/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think if a person puts enough effort in anything, they can accomplish their goals.

I have always wondered about people with certain talents, as if they were meant to do what they do.  I'm just curious if you think what we experience is already mapped out in a certain direction, to accomplish certain goals.  hehe just a thought  :grin:

with that being said your idea is really well thought out.  especially when you mentioned that we will never see a different show till we 'wake up'

that was an awesome read.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Wake Up! [Re: kaiowas]
    #3140176 - 09/15/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Knowing the powers you posess and keeping yourself aware of your powers and your proceedings.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Wake Up! [Re: Droz]
    #3140198 - 09/15/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ive had about 3 of these experiences. WOW. totally seems like hours or days. Peak experiences in my life, equal to my most amazing drug trips in wickedawesomewierdness

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Wake Up! [Re: kaiowas]
    #3142145 - 09/16/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
I think if a person puts enough effort in anything, they can accomplish their goals.

I have always wondered about people with certain talents, as if they were meant to do what they do.  I'm just curious if you think what we experience is already mapped out in a certain direction, to accomplish certain goals.  hehe just a thought  :grin:

with that being said your idea is really well thought out.  especially when you mentioned that we will never see a different show till we 'wake up'

that was an awesome read.  :thumbup:

Thanks Kaiowas!

Yeah, I guess I'm saying according to this 'view' our future is already mapped out (determinism), but since we don't know WHAT is mapped out we can create it to be anything we want (free will).

So you first have to realize that you're not free before you can become free.

Since this is my dream, I think I'm going to work on making it a dream that Christ Consciousness returns to the earth.  :thumbup:  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

#3142655 - 09/16/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Could you describe "Christ Consciousness" a little.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
Re: Wake Up! [Re: FrankieN]
    #3143317 - 09/16/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:hit's snooze for a few more years:

:wink:

:heart:

Thanks For posting This Source But staying awake is a really really really hard part. I can honestly say I've been awake Twice so far but both times for only a short while if fact the last time I did a count down for myself when I was going to go back to "sleep" I got a good laught but it was cool. Learn something every time.

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom