Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshallow
Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direction
    #3123419 - 09/11/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, its been 9 days now since my cakes have been birthed with no signs of pinning. Accoding to the tek pinning should occur 5-7 days after birth. Ive got myc growing in strings coming off of the cake but they dont seem to be forming into anything, they just seem to be stragling off the cake by themselves.

Close up of the cake

Sorry for the craptastic pics, its the best my camera can do.

I feel like Im on the wrong track here and somethings gone wrong and I dont know what to do. Could some kind hearted experienced Mycologist throw a beginner grower a lifeline and share some wisdow about what direction I should take to save my cakes?

Fruiting chamber:
90% humidity
Light 6 hours per day
temp ~76F

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direction [Re: shallow]
    #3123461 - 09/11/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

leave them alone and wait...
sometimes kramer waits 14 days for pins
so no need to worry yet :mushroom2: :cheers: :smoking: :blazed: :egg: :faded: :headbanger: :microwave:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlineshallow
Re: Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direct [Re: george castanza]
    #3123497 - 09/11/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Does Kramer get those stragling myc hairs growing off of his cakes too? All the pics of growing cakes Ive seen dont have those things. I thought maybe those hairs would turn into pins but nada. Do the cakes look right?

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direct [Re: shallow]
    #3123513 - 09/11/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ya the cakes look fine ...just leave them alone and let them do there thing :cool: :mushroom2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direct [Re: george castanza]
    #3123520 - 09/11/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

your cakes look fine, like george said just let them chill dont take them out anymore all those little bumps on the sides will turn into pins their called knots...

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3123641 - 09/11/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

its probably just slower growing than other cubensis substrains (technically each jaris its own unique strain). give it a cold shock if u want to initiate pinning quicker.

oh, and move on to casings, i think theyre easier than cakes(u can technically just leave a casing out anywhere for it to pin, i learned that the cool way)and they give u really fucking sweet yields quickly.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3123689 - 09/11/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

And the other stringy stuff is either hyphae or sclerotia and are fine.  Quit disturbing them and handling them.  Patience!  :smile:

Basically it's like they are just a bit late for 'work', and you are being a real dick of a 'boss' by hassling them about it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Offlineshallow
Re: Concerned about my cakes. First time grower needs direct [Re: Spudz76]
    #3123909 - 09/11/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OKEDOKE.
Ill just not look at them for a few days and hope for the best.

Thanks all :grin:

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
    #3124052 - 09/11/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yup and next time dunk and roll and double end case,it will help out your cakes a whole bunch, belive me they will thank you for it  GL  :thumbup:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate