Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDextricity
Stranger

Information about Psilocybe pelliculosa and/or lookalikes.
    #3120260 - 09/10/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just got in from the woods and boy is it pissing out... probably should have waited but hell I had nothing to do... after checking out some of the usual edibles and other crap that the forest had to offer, I decided to head back.. On my way out heading towards my car, I noticed some shrooms growing in the grass on the side of the road.

THe interesting thing about these mushrooms is that they look almost IDENTICAL to P. Pelliculosa, except for a few differances.

their gills are pale tan/white turning light brown, very widely spaced.

the stem on them is about 6cm's long, that is consistant with p. pelliculosa. one key differance however, is that the stem is entirely smooth and has no white fibers like Psilocybe pelliculosa.

the caps are interesting. they look almost identical to pelliculosa except that they are a darker brown and have tiny little black spots on some parts (not on the entire cap though).

i will make a spore print and add a pic later.

Edited by Dextricity (09/10/04 08:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Information about Psilocybe pelliculosa and/or lookalikes. [Re: Dextricity]
    #3121026 - 09/10/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

P. peliiculosa appear in clearcyuts in the late fall of Oct-Dec.

mj

You probably have a mycena or a psathyrella.\\

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates