Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRyoko
BonGtOkinAlkoHolik
High Mountain Compost and PF Tek Newbie ?'s
    #3117824 - 09/10/04 09:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hi guys,
I just wanna say that this community is great!! I have learned so much from this site. I have grown before using a kit and got good results the kit was a rye bag and compost and a rubbermaid.I never had to mist or anything, it just worked effortlessly. I want to grow again, but don't wanna pay big $$ for a kit again. I will be using the PF Tek to start with. I was wondering when I seen the banner for High mountain compost if it would be similar to the EZ grow kits? Could I just used one of my jars and break it up in the compost like I did with the kit and leave it be? I got a great yeild with the kit. If I could duplicate the method without all the $$ I could really be pullin in some weight.The operation will more than pay for itself in more ways than one. I will be using the cakes as well I already have a terrarium set up and some equdors colonizing now.So do you think it'd work?

I appreciate all your help and this site.

Thanks,
Ryoko

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: High Mountain Compost and PF Tek Newbie ?'s [Re: Ryoko]
    #3117892 - 09/10/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Please do not talk/imply about selling mushrooms :smile:

High Mountain Compost has a great reputation, but if its $$ you want to save then you might want to try straight casing or spawning horse shit or something like that, which would be cheaper.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: High Mountain Compost and PF Tek Newbie ?'s [Re: Ryoko]
    #3118123 - 09/10/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If I were you I'd create my own substrate, on my own, for growing mushrooms.  It really opens your eyes and makes you appreciate them that much more after you've put your own "sweat and tears" so to speak into them.

I love the name by the way, good anime if that's where you got it from :wink:

GL on your grow!  :grin:
- Silven  :mushroom2:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds