Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebolie
friend youhavent met yet

Loc: New Zealand
Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake!
    #3086885 - 09/03/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys. I have recently got into real full on lucid dreaming and it has changed my live x10 for the better.

Here is an extract from a website

"For those of you who haven't experienced a lucid dream before, make sure you read the following as it will help you discover one of the most life changing experiences you will ever have. Imagine being able to do anything and everything you have always dreamed of. "I can fly around, have an interesting conversation with Albert Schweitzer, I can explore all these new dimensions of reality, and not to mention, I can have any sup sex I want"(Waking Life, Richard Linklater).

Lucid/Conscious dreaming means realizing that you are dreaming while in the dream state. Once you realize you are dreaming you are free to do absolutely anything your mind can come up with and more. The reason lucid dreaming appeals to so many people is the realness of it. Lets look at how it works...

In everyday life you use your senses for millions of actions a day, for instance looking at an apple. When you look at the apple light bounces off the apple into your eyes. Your eyes then code these light waves into data that travels down the back of your eye and into your brain where it gets decoded and a exact model is constructed from the data.

When you go to sleep however parts of your brain stay awake and parts of your brain go to sleep. The part that stays awake keeps constructing these models without the need of your senses telling them how and this is what we call dreams. The brain doesn't need any of your senses to tell you what to do because it remembers how to construct everything you have seen, whist also being able to construct pretty much anything you haven't seen or experienced by using the logic and various laws of nature it keeps stored.

This is why when you have a lucid dream it seems 100% real! The first time you have a lucid dream is one of the most incredible experiences you may ever have. The realness of lucid dreams is usually too intense to handle the first few times it happens, so you very quickly wake up after the point of realization. It is as real as it feels now sitting at the computer reading this screen. In fact...whats to say your not dreaming now? of course your not dreaming right, I mean this is reality right? You may be correct this time, but the idea is if you ask yourself this question often, you will start asking yourself in your dreams until one day the answer will be "hang on a min- oh my god".

The parts that go to sleep are the parts the keep all your thoughts in context, that is why you have strange and abstract dreams. Lucid dreaming is all about gaining control of this randomness and manipulating it however you want.

If this sounds apealing to you check out www.envisage.net.nz or google for lucid dreams.

if it doesn't then READ IT AGAIN

THANKS <3 bolie

--------------------
www.cosm.co.nz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: bolie]
    #3087348 - 09/03/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Right on bolie - lucid dreaming is the schnizzit! I've only had about 10 full on extended ones in my life, and a few others that I would describe as semi-lucid.

Have you ever had it where you're in a lucid dream, and then you go 'OK, I'm gonna wake up now', or you go to have a conversation with someone and suddenly you forget you're dreaming and it goes back to non-lucid? Thats weird when that happens. I thought I had actually woken up so assumed it was no longer a dream, hahaha...

I remember another crazy experience with lucid dreaming I had that you reminded me of was at this years Autumn Equinox party at the Willows...sometime during the morning, after I'd had a really full on night of amazing spiritual experience involving time travel etc. I fell asleep in some long grass. Then I got lucid and in my dream I went and found people who were at the rave and talked to them. Then I went up to the DJ booth and put some fucking weeeeird psytrance on (I fucking love it when your brain creates cool music in dreams) and I yelled down to the people 'Hahahaha! I'm having a lucid dream! You're all figments of my imagination!!!'... then I went for a walk down to the river and I managed to push myself down through rocks until I was buried, but I was not able to fly. When I woke up I talked to the people who I'd been talking to but they hadn't consciously received any messages. But it was cool none the less. About 5 hours after that I nearly killed myself and my friend by falling asleep at the wheel at 110 km/h, we did a 180 spin and missed a head on collision by less than a second - it was a very very crazy moment, slow motion, terror, calmness, everything, amazing! As a matter of fact I think that party flicked some kind of switch for me, some very strange stuff was happening from about midnight that night until about a month or more later (and still is even). So the moral of the story is don't drive when you're still in the afterglow of a life changing experience and you've been up all night dancing and trancing out...silly idea (unless of course you're into that whole "This is the last second of my life...I've really fucked up this time" buzz)

Oh by the way I downloaded one of your tracks, its fuckin sweet! You sellin any CD's?

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3087436 - 09/03/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ive had dreams which turn into lucid dreams...one time i was swimming in a huge ocean surrounded by islands and i climbed a cliff. Saw this huge 16 foot monster (literally) and was scared, then i realized it was a dream and started to pound the shit out of shit, it was fun hahaha

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #3087509 - 09/03/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Last night I became aware that I was dreaming, but was unable to control it. Even though I was lucid I did not have the ability to alter the dream itself much.

I dreamt I was at work. It was the same as any other day at work. Then I realized I was dreaming. So I thought "Well this is a dream so I should be able to change this". But I couldn't. People would come to my desk and give me reports and ask me about them and I would say "Man, there isn't any point responding to you because this is a dream".

And so it went on for a good half dozen or more times. True story.

"it's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage but now they get your dreams for free."

--------------------

Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: Revelation]
    #3087899 - 09/03/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is something I've been trying to do for a long, long time.
Well, at least a year or two. No success yet but I keep trying. I cannot wait for the day that I can do this.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what guide they read on it, or a website they read on it that worked for them? Or were you the type that were just able to do it all your life without the need to learn it?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: keepontruckin]
    #3087974 - 09/03/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

for a long time it rarey worked for me, but by learning the WBTS method, i now have one every 2-3 nights, some of which are insanely long and awesome.

(wake back to sleep method: wake up an hour early and walk around a bit, then go back to bed while mentally reciting 'i will lucid dream')

some of those dreams have been peak experiences in my life. An average person spends something like 4 (or was it 8) years of his life in a dream state. Why waste it?

:thumbup:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3088530 - 09/03/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

its all good and all but not that great i see lucid dreaming as escaping from the day to day exsistence one shouldn't get caught up in it to much

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: spudamore]
    #3088596 - 09/03/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Um, I'm sorry, but it's this physical-consensus reality grounding that hinders creative realities. Don't judge others for not being the puppet others want them to be.

No offense, just my view :heart:

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3088941 - 09/03/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The first lucid dream I had involded three aliens. I was in a very small mall and I walked out and there were three people. I looked them over and one was a boy and the other was a girl and the third, well; the third was an ALIEN! Then all three turned into aliens and they staired at me and I hated them for it and I took controll of the dream. After that the world of the mall dissolved into a fractile vision and I don't remember the rest.

I also had a dream I compressed water (impossible in life) in a dream I knew I was in.

I also expanded a room's walls on a self enduced attempt (I prayed for God to enduce it).

Recently I was able to levitate and fly by activating nerves a certain way in my back.

I also had a semi lucid dream I had "electrokinesis" and I turned off an alarm in a building I woke up in. I went back to bed and had a dream within a dream too.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: MAGnum]
    #3088969 - 09/03/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Alot of my dreams are at somewhat lucid. Some people got it and some don't, I think alot depends on a belief that the mind can alter the world around it in the physical "awake" world. If you hold the belief, it will show in your dreams.

One shouldn't be as preoccupied with controlling dreams as controlling reality through the mind. Perhaps controlling dreams is a step in the right direction for that. That is where my goals are concerned, though I haven't been practicing.

Lucid dreaming is a whilesome recreation free of drugs that allows a person to explore the mind, I enjoy it greatly.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #3089577 - 09/03/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Lucid dreams are amazing, although I've only had one. I'm really bad at recognizing when I'm dreaming. Its weird how there's different levels of lucidity. Some people can control everything about their dreams. When I had mine I was able to fly and walk through walls, but it took some effort. And as someone else said, they couldnt control anything. Even though I cant force lucid dreams, I've gotten really good at remembering them, which is the next best thing. Dreams are fun even when your not in control.

http://www.lucidity.com/ for more info. They have some weird device that is supposed to help you have lucid dreams. I cant remember if that site is any good or not, but they should at least have some decent links.

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
    #3090053 - 09/04/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A post just like this got me interested in lucid dreaming awhile back. And i clicked one of the links and started readng up about it. Since then I have occasionally had some amazing lucid dreams ( average of 1 or 2 a week i would say ... at least that i can remember) .

Some of you were mentioning about having a dream inside a dream. Well i had one such dream this one day so ill throw it down for ya.

I was in the backyard of my parents house, which is about a half acre wide. I was just walking around and i spotted a GIGANTIC mushroom, it was fuckin huge (the cap was the size of a small night table or somethin) and I was just staring at it in my dream saying "holy fuck thats the biggest fucking mushroom ive ever seen"

Then suddenly I woke up, or thought i did, in my old room. I went into the kitchen and started tellin my mom "hey mom i just had the wildest dream about some shit goin on in our backyard".

I wanted to show her where the dream took place i guess so i showed her to the backyard. I was like "mom this is right about where i found the gigantic mushroom" and i bend over and see a patch of regularly sized mushrooms and i get all excited again HOLY FUCK I DREAMED ABOUT MUSHROOMS AND now their are some growing out here right where i pictured in my dream, NO FUCKING WAY!!@" Then i woke up for real this time and had to smoke a bowl. Not really much of a lucid dream but it was fuckin trippy.

I do however think ive found a good way for myself to lucid dream. On mulitple occasions i have this dream im in high school again ....im either walkin around in the halls or seein people i used to see or some random shit is goin on.. ..

this is the part of that dream that was always varied....but when it was time to leave school i would start walking out to my car which i used to park a couple blocks from school. While walking to my car...

i would get that kinda feelin when you try to run in a dream....your legs feel all rubbery and you feel like gravity is trying to push you down or back more than usual... and in the dream im like just slow it down no need to rush....

and this would cause me to start floating slowly into the air until im flying over this sidewalk i used to walk down for years to my car. I see people looking up at me with a bewildered look in there eye and this is where i come to realize , holy shit theres no way this could really happen, im really dreaming...kick FUCIN ASS*!&@^!@

theres more but this post is long enough already. i want to try to will myself in a lucid dream tonight ;D

peace

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: deff]
    #3090223 - 09/04/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sorry if you think i was judging but i wasn't.
it can create confidence to do things that you haven't tried before but if you do it quite often i just think that escaping your daily life and not creating your dreams in to reality

Edited by spudamore (09/04/04 02:40 AM)

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
    #3090242 - 09/04/04 02:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think he was trying to say by lucid dreaming you will create dreams into reality.

Also experiencing another reality is not about escaping your daily life, its about experiencing something that is within you already. When you sleep your not involved in your everyday life anyway so why not have something to experience instead of just dead space?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #3090252 - 09/04/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i very much so think it can, you can conquer your fears and inhibitions through it.
if you go out of your way to do and more often. i think it is escaping daily exsistence

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
    #3090263 - 09/04/04 02:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt quite understand your previous post but i can agree with you on your last post =)

OfflineDIGIT4LBOY
Stranger
    #3090372 - 09/04/04 04:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey there everybody. I learned of Lucid Dreaming awhile back and found it very interesting although I was never able to do it. Has anyone ever heard of Astral Projection? Apparently it's similar to Lucid Dreaming. From what I understand, everynight when you go to sleep, you go to the astral(5th) dimension. The difference between the two is that when you are in a LD you are in the astral but your mind is projecting your surroundings so what you see is not real and just a dream, but when you consciously project into the astral, you leave your physical body in your astral body into this other dimension and can fly, travel throughout the universe, talk to masters (Jesus, and other spiritual leaders) and learn the secrets of life. IMO this is even better than learning to have lucid dreams. Im enrolled in a free course at this site http://www.mysticweb.org that teaches you how to do it. I haven't been able to do it yet but it sounds exciting.

Could it be that they are just teaching you to train your mind into creating this other world? Possibly, I don't know yet as I haven't been able to do it yet. Would I blindly accept this all to be true? Of course not but I do believe there is more to all of this than just the physical reality we know of. Alot of the people there say that once you can do it you will KNOW for yourself that it is real and that excites me.

Either way, there is lots of information on their boards about LDs and other spiritual stuff. The course is free so theres nothing to lose really.

What do you guys think?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: DIGIT4LBOY]
    #3090392 - 09/04/04 04:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

here is a pretty good site it teaches raising energy aswell and creating and strengthening energy channels in your bodies
http://www.astralpulse.com/
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #3090432 - 09/04/04 05:50 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

last week i was flying from chile to madrid and had a short lucid dream... i woke up in the plane but i knew i was still dreaming becouse everything was weird but my eyes were burning so i couldn't keep them open and i slipped back into a regular dream... (pissed me off!!!) it was the second time this kind of thing happend to me...
first time i woke up in a parking lot near my home but i didn't want to wake up so i could keep dreaming (failing to realize i was STILL dreaming and actualy acompleshing my goal of having a lucid dream :smile: )
and then i just closed my eyes and kept dreaming... when i finelly did wake up i wanted to slap my self for missing such a good chance to LD :smile:

oh well... there will be more LD's !!!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Lucid dreaming - don't do it? learn now for gods sake! [Re: Simisu]
    #3090499 - 09/04/04 07:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I love semi-lucid video game dreams.

In most of my "nightmares," I realize the dream and turn it lucid and escape. I wonder if this happens alot to otheres? To me it signifies taking controll of a destiny gone bad.

I also get dejavu, I had dejavu that cops would be in my neighborhood. On sept 2nd, I knew to myself that it would be the day and there was a horrible fire. Cops arrived on the scene first (the cop in my dream. I posted about it in the pub.

Dejavu is better than lucid dreaming, it involves a way to pierce through time and see the future (which really should not be possible). I know this is possible to enduce (of course), but I never tried it. It happens naturally. I just follow my instincts.

Sweet dreams!

--------------------
Agent 727

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order