Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Perpetual Fruiting?
    #308602 - 05/03/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Is there some way to have ongoing fruiting as opposed to diminishing cycles of flushes? I see all these great pictures of wall to wall shrooms growing in cased containers. I did my first casing which extended the life of the cakes, but so far I got one nice flush..even though the shrooms were pretty spaced apart. I would like to have what amounts to one huge cake which has enough nutrients in the mix to last a good long while, with ongoing fruiting. Would casing with birdseed do the trick? I haven't found any info about that..only pictures.
Does anyone have any info on a setup like I'm describing?...assuming such a thing exists.

-Jellric
"Bleach cleans and whitens my animal skull collection."

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Perpetual Fruiting? [Re: Jellric]
    #308606 - 05/03/01 03:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know if I'm the first to do this, But i'm going to spray my casing with dog food water (Ryche dog food water recipe for substrate mix). That should help. Maybe that and soy milk, all sterilized would help.

As of 04-10-01, I hereby declare myself an official Mycelial Ninja. Others may join, its a free dojo.
never do business with Jamisoninc.com, He rips you off and then calls you a liar.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Anonymous

Re: Perpetual Fruiting? [Re: Crasher]
    #308728 - 05/03/01 05:35 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, it works in nature!

:laugh:

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #308754 - 05/03/01 06:13 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I get pretty good flushs' by colonising finch seed then putting a layer of manure over the crumbled cakes let that colonize
and then case with 50-50+ tek mycelium then starts to come through the casings so I cover that with a little bit more fo 50-50+ this gives me more even flush "wall to wall" after the 2nd flush I crumble the cased cake again add a 1/2 to 1 inch layer of more manure and then let it colonize and case again covering the first bits of mycelium.

behind every great fortune there is an even greater crime

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Perpetual Fruiting? [Re: dimitri211]
    #308981 - 05/03/01 11:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

So, dmitri, you case over each succesfively colonized casing? Do you have a series of flushes ..and if so do you get diminishing returns in numbers of shrooms per flush? I want to know what conditions create the diminishing returns and if they can be counteracted or drastically minimized.

The theory I'm working under now is that, assuming there is sufficient water and nutrients available to the
mycelium, the mycelial fibers network with each other like the synapses in our brains until a critical mass is reached. This creshendo reults in a mushroom- a visible product of succesful integration...the problem for me is that once that creshendo is hit, everything else is a decreshendo. I would like to level out the peaks and valleys.

What about periodically disorganizing the mycelium? When the fibers reconnect would they throw up another joyfull eruption of fruits? Well, hey..in transporting my casing (I cased in a round ,plastic cake container which is ironically aptly named) it fell over in the car and I had to level it off ..this is after a first flush which produced a dozen shrooms..I'm anxious to see if the mycelium reorganizes and has a second fruiting matching the first one.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #308987 - 05/03/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

what about the water that you leech off of manure ... sounds tasty :wink: and it's already pasturized ! what a gas!

Give a starving man a fish and he'll live , but teach him to fish and he'll never starve again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate