Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineherby
lighting questions
    #3073213 - 08/31/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have a couple of questions about lighting...

What kind of light should i use? I'm thinking flourescent, but i heard that they weren't strong enough or something like that.

Also, how far away should my light be from my terrarium and where should my light be located? Or does it even matter?

Please give me your opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: lighting questions [Re: herby]
    #3073414 - 08/31/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Regular flourescent light works ok, that's what I use, though I've read anything in more of the blue spectrum is tops. (I keep mine on about 12 hrs a day).  Make sure the light is above your terrarium, so the shrooms know which way to grow.  Also make sure it's not close enough to mess up your temp in your terrarium.  Good luck! :smile:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: lighting questions [Re: herby]
    #3073465 - 08/31/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If the day light is in your room and can get to the shrooms ,even in the smallest way. You will have good fruiting.

If you in a closet then use what you have, that will work good. I had good sucess with one of thoses little 25 watt halogen table lamps. :thumbup:

Postion , just have in point at the ceiling that way you provide full light. :tongue2:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: lighting questions [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3074883 - 08/31/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You do NOT need a strong light for growing. A nightlight is fine. I use a martha stewert type closet with a 15 watt nightlight bulb (for some silly glowing skull thing I had). All pin fine and grow up. Less light=bigger shrooms IME.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: lighting questions [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3074915 - 08/31/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Less light biger shrooms ?????? Hum....... Thats is a new one on me!!! Has anyone else experencied this????? :confused:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: lighting questions [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3075008 - 08/31/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Seems that way. Halves of all my casings blocked by direct light (from shelving) did better then halves in direct light. I was at this poitn giving them 12-14 hours a day sometimes forgetting the dark cycle and having it go for 36 hours (only probably once a week or so). Perhaps this was due to a temp drop due to light being off as this would make sense and what I chaulk it up too. Less light=cooler in my setup so who knows. Maybe if your setups already cooled enough might not matter but I have seen others say that more light has given them smaller shrooms. I am talking after the pinset too...for pinset I still like 12-14 hours a day. Since I lessened post pinning light my casings seem to have equalled out and still all shrooms grow up.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies