Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
red chantrelles and indigo milky- gonna be good eatin'
    #3069155 - 08/30/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Found these while hiking at another cool river park near my home here in beautiiful yet backwards NC today- went swimming in the cool waters of the broad river and when I emerged to go take a piss, I found myself taking the long way back- and in three minutes time I found all these and if I'd have walked for ten minutes, I could have found enough mushrooms to feed a french resteraunt full of pot smoking millionaires- I couldn't walk two feet off of the path without stepping on mushroom caps- I'm so happy I bought a fourty of OEnglish and a sixer of Negro Modelo to celebrate! I'm going back soon for the bumper crop after these rains hit! Chantrelles anyone?! And I found some really cool as mushrooms- for instance: Strobilomycs floccopus (old man of the woods), some shaggy stalked boletes, and an Amanita Muscaria growing so far out in the wild it amazed the shit out of me- in mixed woods! I am having quite a day- I might just break out my last joint of White Rhino to celebrate- also because I looooooooooooooooooove to eat and I looooooooooooooooooooooooove to cook so tell me who's got the recipe ideas for indigo milkys? They smell peppery- I've got all this blue shit all over my hands. What a fucking day- if only I could stop arguing with my wife about time!!! What a world.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Re: red chantrelles and indigo milky- gonna be good eatin' [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3069278 - 08/30/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Actually indigo milky recipies are what I crave speicfically- anygbody eat one with any tasteworthy success?

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: red chantrelles and indigo milky- gonna be good eatin' [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3069430 - 08/30/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard that Lactarius taste like el crapo =\

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3069665 - 08/30/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know anyone who eats indigos, but the chanterelles sure are tasty! They are past their season here in Iowa (big bummer, I was hoping to get some this summer...). All we did was cut them up in little pieces and fry them in butter, and then put them on crackers, like a fancy treat! Club crackers and ritz work well, totally my favorite edible mushroom! Congrats on finding some!  :thumbup:

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3069712 - 08/30/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Here's an idea, this guy suggests putting the blue mushrooms in omlets because they retain their blue color and make "green eggs"!

http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/lactarius_indigo.html

Something fun to try!

http://www.mssf.org/cookbook/milkycaps.html

:thumbup: :mushroom2:

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Re: red chantrelles and indigo milky- gonna be good eatin' [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3069754 - 08/30/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks dude! You are the man, man. I eat chantrelles all of the time, but the cinnabar-red are so very very very abundant that I've just now (this year at least) decided to fudge with them. I cook those like any other chantrelle- the milkys I will try so recipe adaptations for plus possibly what you^^^^^ have suggested. Gumby: - I have heard similar things- these have a very odd taste that I expect to be diminished wiht cooking/frying. The smell is incredible though- very spicy. I take it you have not exp. with milkys? I fuck only with this one because of its obvious nature and well documented edibility.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates