Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebum
journeyman

no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips.
    #3045894 - 08/24/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OK, i have a few questions. First of all, how can you escape a bad trip when nothing will help???? You can tell me to go watch Discovery channel, but my mind will start thinking up things like "those gorilla's look like men in suits... maybe this is just another joke to control the masses... it's just men in made up animal suits acting like fools to entertain and subdue humankind. their is a world order here." (true story). No matter what I still THINK and THINK and THINK. I've actually gone into a thought where I realized the pure insignificance of all things, music is just vibrations interpreted... love is just a behavior/chemical release/attachment to outer subject... NOTHING is real, and how can I just sit around and live in ignorance. Then I realize that it doesn't matter, and since music sounds good, I'll listen to it. But I still keep THINKING.

and another question...

have you ever tripped with some buddies, and shit happens and you try to talk but you just misinterpret EVERYTHING they say? then try to explain yourself and it's ALL confused and you're just like FUCK forget about it, i didn't mean it that way. then it happens AGAIN, and you just keep going on head trips??!?! SO horrible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: bum]
    #3046048 - 08/24/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have never been able to stop the racing thoughts, but I guess the best you can do is try to learn from them. Are you the same bum from marihemp boards (used to be cannabis.com)?

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: thepodman]
    #3046402 - 08/24/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hm... yes, i definately learn. i guess i have to let go of my attachment to them, and just remember that life is what it is.

and yep, that's me. :smile:

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3046517 - 08/24/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Get some candy you can suck on like suckers, happy positive music, and friends that are positive. Basically surround yourself with positive things and that should do the trick.

Also try checking out this book "ultimate secrets of total self-confidence" by robert anthony.

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

#3048161 - 08/25/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When I discovered the "everything is pointless" thing in a shroom trip (every shroomer must EVENTUALLY) I was actually quite relieved... I felt that since I am so insignificant, I can do whatever the hell I want, because there is no pressure on me to perform up to societies level, because society is a sham... And therefore I don't have to live how they live... Yeah. A life changing, and positive, horrible event. Hehehe.

--------------------
eat poop

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3048490 - 08/25/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bum said:

have you ever tripped with some buddies, and shit happens and you try to talk but you just misinterpret EVERYTHING they say? then try to explain yourself and it's ALL confused and you're just like FUCK forget about it, i didn't mean it that way. then it happens AGAIN, and you just keep going on head trips??!?! 

Yep, happens to me everytime I trip with someone.  I've just learned to laugh it off, not to take anything too seriously because after all, YOU'RE TRIPPING!  Enjoy it! :smile:  If it bothers you that much, I would recommmend taking a small dose alone.  The few times I've been alone while tripping I've really liked it.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: MOTH]
    #3048500 - 08/25/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Nothing is positive. Nothing is negative. Only thinking makes it so. If you think something is negative, change your perception. Decide it is positive.

Work on meditation, it reduces thinking... which can be a very good thing.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3048988 - 08/25/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I found that smoking weed during the come up will cause me to think less during a trip. Might just be me, but worth a try I guess.

--------------------

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: jux]
    #3049343 - 08/25/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hm, fatalerror, that's an interesting point. liberating! i actually felt depressed and hopeless. like one of those cynics you picture pushing through a crowd of people muttering with a scowl on their face because life has no meaning.

jux... bad idea for me, see the part where i talk about monkey suits and such? that happened while i was super baked. if i get too high, i really lose it and in total sincerity, have a bad trip, just on pot.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3049424 - 08/25/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my first two trips were not what i was expecting the mushroom trip to be (even after so much reading and research over 2 years). I didn't have as good a time as I was hoping to have, and like you described, I had racing thoughts and thought loops, plus emotional ups and downs I couldn't control. I conlcuded that my own self worth was meaningless and insignificant, I was a sorry excuse for a human being and on and on it went and I thought I was going insane.  In the end, I learned a lot about myself from these relatively bad trips (they had their positive moments as well) but I was doubting whether mushrooms are really for me, nevertheless, I yearned to concume them still and try again. My third time was this month, a few days before the trip I began to 'mentally prepare' my mind with positive thoughts and ideas. I told myself I am consuming shrooms to learn about myself, nature, universe, etc. and have a good time while doing it. I assured myself that there's nothing to worry about, and a couple days later I had one of the best times in my life.  Instead of thinking how everything is insignificant and meaningless, I discovered that everything has it's place in the world and most things are beautiful in their essence. There were a couple instances where I felt my mind drifting to a place I didn't want to go, so I gently guided it back by telling myself that even though my conciousness is in the grip of the mushrooms, I am still free to choose the outcome of where it can take me. Nature makes for some great trips, I recommend your next trip be out in the woods where you feel comfortable to explore and hang out with a close friend, a hiking trail would suit this nicely. good luck!  :mushroom2:

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: chodamunky]
    #3049653 - 08/25/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

choda, sounds exactly like my first trip... horrible trip, but very enlightening and i'm VERY thankful for that experience. but after that, i had reoccuring anxiety attacks (the same feeling i had during the entire trip) for seven months before i went on paxil, which cleared it right up, now i'm off it and no attacks. just a matter of time before my brain chemicals were right. my first trip was a large cyanescens dose. i remember that feeling of thinking i'd be insane for the rest of my life. i couldn't sleep in my room for at least a month! i tried twice after that and had bad trips (two more bad settings/set)... then the other month (after at least a year absence from mush) i drank about one gram tea with a few buddies and had a good time. now i'm going to have about 1.7 grams out in the woods this weekend. thanks for your tips.

btw, cool sig.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3051380 - 08/25/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you have trouble letting go...

Try not to think as much and just roll with it. Do it in an a safe enviroment, dont let irrational shit get to you.

Although i have been there, tripped out so bad hearing and seeing so much crap thinking the police where coming to get me hehe. That was only once tho.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMushroom_Man18
Stranger
Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: baraka]
    #3056172 - 08/26/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've had a few bad trips, and the only time I've ever been able to stop the thought loops that lead to it was believe it or not, thinking about smoking weed and telling myself that DXM is the stupidest drug ever and I wish I could be smoking instead. It was pretty much as simple as that. I had been thinking some fucked up shit for like 20 minutes, but wasn't really a "bad trip" yet, but was definitely getting there. Than out of nowhere to my friends I was just like "man this sucks, I wish I could smoke a bowl right now." and they all agreed. Then just like that, I got the most instense rush of happiness I've ever felt before, and all the bad thoughts were gone. After that I just thought about smoking trees every time bad thoughts came back and they were gone just as fast as they came on. This might not work for you tho because at the time, I was a chronic smoker that hadn't smoked for 2 days so I was fienin' pretty bad.

Other than that tho, once they start there's no stopping them for me. The only thing I can think of is to think of something you really enjoy doing, and just keep telling youself you wish you could be doing that instead. I haven't had another chance to try this yet as that was my last "bad trip," but next time one comes up I definitely will because it worked wonders.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: Mushroom_Man18]
    #3056286 - 08/27/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i found that my mind was moving so fast that all i had to do was point my mind to a subject it would take off after it. If i didnt like where my mind was going...i couldnt really put on the breaks so i just turned on some music. My mind stoped what it was doin and focused on the music. It was very helpful.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3061285 - 08/28/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

keep returning attention to
body sensations
breath.
look between the frames of your personality rollercoaster experience and invest nothing in believing what you see.

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery
Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
    #3061333 - 08/28/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the worst thing you can do with racing thoughts is resist them.. they are a natually occuring part of YOU and resisting them will only build the pressure.. go with them and let them guide you , even if they are unpleasant thoughts. Tripping is all about personal realisation and investigation.. kinda like daydreaming.. take a deep breath and let the thoughts guide you.. thoughts are ALWAYS transient events.. then dont go on forever.. aslong as you have that notion in your head you should be ok.. resistance makes them worse..

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3108733 - 09/08/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Drink alcohol. Get drunk. It doesn't overwhelm the trip but it takes the edge off. A lot.

--------------------

InvisibleJopo
Super RocketMr.MagicMushroom Man
Loc: Canada
Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3108910 - 09/08/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know what you mean when talking about the psychological path society brings only to eliminate what the hell is going on in the real world...I find it very interesting to just think about things that normally wouldn't come up in normal everyday conversation. I've had so many thoughts towards natural things this planet has to offer...this has brought me to meditation and other things you can explore with the mind itself. I can now do those psiballs decently, and it excites me to learn more. I joined a karate class yesterday and my sensai told me i was really agressive and confident toward it. I'm hoping to learn more about where they teach sacred karate lessons, and wanting to move to China to backpack through the mountains, i'm hoping to find something. If anyone knows anything, tell me all about it, i want to get as much information as i can before i go, thanks.

Also outputrotation, can you find this self-confidence book in Libraries?..i'd like to be more condident than i am now, and yes some days i got that scrambled words thing, but it was only a factor when smoking pot.don't really understand why, i'm usually an intense guy but i'm sure it happens to all of us at one point.
Take it easy everyone...

--------------------
Holy crip hes a crapple.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: no matter what, negative thought loops and head trips. [Re: Jopo]
    #3109106 - 09/08/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

jopo, you might be able to find it but its only $6.99 at B&N. Real cheap and its probably something you want to keep so you can look it over for as long as you want.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksea...01703&itm=1

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3112691 - 09/09/04 08:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hopefully helpful tips:
Be outside, somewhere natural and quiet.
Trust the mushroom. Once you accept that it is the boss, it will look after your head.
This works for me.

--------------------
LURK

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order