Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRowZeZe
Time Watcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Black mold
    #3039998 - 08/23/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Al right... So I restarted my mycological studies again in my basement. First I made 12 PF jars and everything turned out okay.
Next I made 12 more and I lost 4 because water entered the jars as I was boiling them.
Then I decided to make 24, and I lost 12 to green mold so I made 3 casings (4 cakes each) with the remaining 12 and halfway threw the second fruit two turned green. So I threw all them out. (I have 10g dry grams, are they okay to eat. They aren't mutated or anything they look healthy?)

Recently I made 24 more jars and all of them had green mold growing 3 days after injection, as I looked closer like 5-6 jars had a black blob where I injected them. So I threw out all the jars and thermometers. Washed out my incubator tubs, heater, water pump, and my two terrariums with Ajax blech. Is that good enough?
I told my mom about the black mold and she said to clean it with bleach but I cant find it anywhere in the basement.

Is that black mold? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Whats done is done and I cannot complain anymore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineasporeprint
Stranger
Re: Black mold [Re: RowZeZe]
    #3040095 - 08/23/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's best to be safe than sorry ,if it was up to me I would have to say, spray everything with bleach & water 10/to/1 walls floor everything lysol is good an before any work fog the entire room with Oust that shit rock's a can is like 4 bucks an worth it in the lab were a resperator if you can at least a clean wet doo rag cuz black mold is the hardest of all the molds to handle that is of all the molds i have encounterd good luck

Offlineasporeprint
Stranger
Re: Black mold [Re: RowZeZe]
    #3040118 - 08/23/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah one more thing I would eat them !
i don't know about ajax seems like it would make small scratches in everthing then mold could hide in them i wash everything in simple green then rinse with clean water then bleach water mix

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom