Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Pins:Where are they??? [Re: mycelios]
    #303920 - 04/29/01 12:16 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

as far as I know nobody has done cambodians invitro yet, could be wrong, so you may have to wait and see, I'm in the proccess of experimenting with cambos invitro now as we speak but still waiting for 100% colonize

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycelios
Re: Pins:Where are they???
    #304685 - 04/29/01 12:13 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

They're invitro so casing would be out of the question.
Temp. is about right.My friend dunked after 100% so they're plenty moist.What could it be?Should he try birthing one just too see what happens or is it too late?Does cambo pin slow invitro?

Any suggestions/info would be helpful.

Peace,
Mycelios

Offlinemycelios
Re: Pins:Where are they??? [Re: Taz]
    #304702 - 04/29/01 12:36 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Colonize was a piece of cake,even for a first timer.From what I have gathered so far by the handful of cam/vitro heads is that they take forever and a day to pin.Is it unusual to have cakes just stop growing?I don't even know if the my celium is getting thicker.Maybe i'll use one to experiment with a poorman's tek of some sort,how much perlite/peroxide should I use for a two liter?A three liter?Also what are some basic advantages to casing over birthing?Any simple,yet clean/practical teks would be appreciated.

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #304708 - 04/29/01 12:44 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

well with the experience i have had with cambos is once the cake stops you take them out crumble them up and case them, u can grow in cakes and I never have but have heard they don't do well that way.I would say an 1 1/2 inches of perlite in the bottle pretty standard. u can use 50/50+ are straight verm for casing, I usaually use straight verm, because 50/50+ is cotaminate prone more easily than straight verm I always get 5 strong flushes 50/50 I'm lucky to get 3 so I finally gave that headache up, it's not worth all the work for 2 measly flushes in my opionion,

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlinemycelios
Re: Pins:Where are they??? [Re: Taz]
    #304721 - 04/29/01 01:22 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still a little new here so let me get this straight,I take the cake out of the jar with clean bare hands and just crumble it like crackers into soup?Onto pure verm?What else?Any links to a good tek or two would come in handy.How much peroxide/water should I use in the perlite if I decide to birth?

Offlineshizifty
enthusiast
Loc: tdot
    #304977 - 04/29/01 12:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Why dont you check this out mycotopia.yage.net/casing1.html
Also note that some strains arent suitable for invitro. Good luck with the cambos, why dont you try casing and keep 1 or 2 jars as invitros...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my ideas incubate under my tongue for weeks are born and take form in my cheeks

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom