Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy.
    #3031786 - 08/21/04 07:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This is just a lil thing i was thinking about awhile back, and thought i'd share, i doubt its an original idea but i atleast came up with it on my own.

Ok, matter and energy are interchangable...more then that matter is in fact a form of energy, a supercondensed/selfcontained lil strand of vibrating energy..or something to that effect if i remember my quantum physics correctly.

So i was just thinking that everything we do, or that is..or happens in life is just the reorganization of energy. When u build something, your energy is organizing other energy into the form of whatever you build. when you think or do anything you are basically reorganizing the energy state of the entire universe. Because everything u are made and every action you take is energy of some form interacting with energies of different forms and/or wavelengths in some cases.

Every wave or particle interaction atleast in a small degree effects the outcome of every other particle or wave interaction. Even the action of perception is energy, uses energy and effects all other energy, and the result of all the reorganization of energy everywhere atleast for us has this side effect of producing a conscience being, a self aware amalgamation of energy, though it is not clear if conscienceness itself is a form of energy...but rather just an effect. i'd wager it is a form of energy though, but anyways i just thought this was an interesting and seemingly accurate take on reality, just something for the mind to play with.

I'll skip talking about the implications for free will, or the possibility of reality being created by percieving reality and the paradox of all that.

Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: ZenGecko]
    #3031844 - 08/21/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Indeed. If all objects in the Universe are forms of energy, why would our consciousness be an exception to that? As stated by basic physics: energy cannot be created or destroyed just phased into a different form. As above, so below.

The Universe is an intricate fractal-like weaving and so is our mind. Personally, I believe you are right on the mark with this mental model :smile:

I feel these thought patterns are truth because they are observable in every facet of nature.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3031845 - 08/21/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, i hear that.

I've pondered the same... I actually think this is one of the most logical definitions for life, really.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3031846 - 08/21/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We posted exactly at the same time! Must be a sign :wink:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: psyka]
    #3031857 - 08/21/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Forms can be destroyed and consciousness is a property of the human form, so it is destoyed when the human form is destroyed.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: Swami]
    #3033755 - 08/21/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Forms are not destroyed, just reassimilated into another system assuming a new form. All matter and energy does this. I believe consciousness is a form of energy and not an exception to this rule.

All living things express a form of consciousness, whether they are self-aware or not. The human consciousness is unique to the human body and will probably end upon death. But, who says that is the end of consciousness itself?

Ok lets look inside a human body. There a cells and various tissues everywhere, all interacting performing individualized tasks for the benefit of a balanced homeostasis. These cells are alive, therefore conscious of their environment. Individual cells make up organ systems, which in turn perform more complex tasks, ultimately leading up to a self-aware human. A natural hierarchy of consciousness.

Perhaps, when we die our consciousness energy becomes unattached to our physical body and is reassimilated into another consciousness system.

Just as cells are oblivious anything outside of their reality system, we are oblivious to anything outside of ours.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: psyka]
    #3033789 - 08/21/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Forms are not destroyed

They certainly are. The constituent parts may not be, but the container is lost forever.

Care to take the Swami Smash Your TV Set Challenge? Together, we will empirically see if I can destroy it's form.

Any side-wagers from other posters?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: Life simply as the constant reorganization of energy. [Re: Swami]
    #3035591 - 08/22/04 07:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'd disagree with u swami that conscienceness is destroyed, atleast if your saying once its gone its just gone... it may cease to evolve or flow from us, but once its out there, its out there, everything you've ever thought or done continues to ripple througout not only the universe but also time, constantly helping to shape everything every moment. I guess its just really a matter of opinion whether a thing is strictly just itself or if it is that and the sum total of its causes/effects. Is it really a thing at all or is it just a cause/effect?, well ok i guess those are things too, fuck language fails me again, i can think of no accurate way to really describe my point :wink: But i think u know what im trying to say.

Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #3035638 - 08/22/04 07:45 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OK swami i read another of your posts about conscienceness and it spurred an insight. You said it is an emergant quality, basically an effect right? what i was trying to say as that conscienceness is an effect, and yes i will agree that that effect does probably cease to exist, but the effect of that effect does not, ever. And i was thinking is it or anything i guess really just what it is, and not actually that and its effects/causes, and this is again where im still having trouble describing exactly what i mean by that...but i still think u will understand, intuitively.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom