Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeviation
w0000000t
malt + pf tek
    #3026042 - 08/19/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I made a post about this under general about a week ago, but I am going to use this thread to post all of the results.

The basic Idea is to substute some malt extract for BRF while doing a PF cake. The idea is built on the concept that since myc grows so well on malt with liquid teks, it will grow well on a solid as well.

This is not a scientific experiment, but like most people, if I can see noticably improved results time and time again, its enough proof to follow it.

My initial plan was to do the test across 8 jars, with extra controls, but unfortunately that did not happen. I am doing it with 6 jars, and will give the descriptions here.

2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Spores
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Malt jar myc
2 Jars - PF Tek + Malt, Innoculated with Malt Jar myc

Unfortunately, I didn't have a spore syringe handy to innoculate a PF Tek + Malt jar as a control. I will do it next time around.

The jars just finished pressure cooking, and will get innoculated tomorrow night. I will keep people posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineduncan8r
Scum

Loc: Syd, Australia
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: deviation]
    #3026467 - 08/19/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Great work,

How colonised is the malt jar innoculums?

--------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: deviation]
    #3030474 - 08/20/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deviation said:
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Spores
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Malt jar myc
2 Jars - PF Tek + Malt, Innoculated with Malt Jar myc

Wouldn't innoculating one set of jars from spores, and the others with "Malt Jar myc" produce varied results?

Unfortunately, I didn't have a spore syringe handy to innoculate a PF Tek + Malt jar as a control. I will do it next time around.
Could you explain how that would be a control? The control would be a jar untreated with malt innoculated with the same isolated strain as the jars treated with malt.

The jars just finished pressure cooking, and will get innoculated tomorrow night. I will keep people posted.
Please do, I am interested in how adding malt will effect it. It could be said that adding a suger will invite contam.

FREE PRON

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #3036677 - 08/22/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My prediction is contamination...

What is the reason for thinking this will work again?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures