Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: newbie success rate?
    #301873 - 04/25/01 05:47 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I would define successful, for a newb, as acutally growing a shroom or two, no contaminations.

I will be growing using the poor man's terranium (pop bottle's), so there isn't going to be much of a harvest for me, is there?

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: newbie success rate? [Re: Shiznitz]
    #301968 - 04/25/01 06:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed, Shiznitz, if you can grow enuf for 1 decent trip, you`ve won. No, you might have a nice flush or two.

Offlineshizifty
enthusiast
Loc: tdot
Re: newbie success rate? [Re: Shiznitz]
    #301986 - 04/25/01 06:41 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

No it wont knock your socks off but you can get a good harvest from increasing the amount of cakes right? And this is your first time its more about observing what works and what doesnt. That experience will ensure you better yields down the road. You will probably want to try casing next ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my ideas incubate under my tongue for weeks are born and take form in my cheeks

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: newbie success rate? [Re: shizifty]
    #301994 - 04/25/01 06:53 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My first attempt was on cased millet/BRF/verm cakes, made into a loaf and birthed. 1 pint of substrate produced 58 wet grams on the first flush, 32 on the 2nd and very little on the 3rd. BUT, it was a sucess. 2nd loafs (2 loafs) from a total of 1.5 pints of substrate split between two, produces 162 grams wet on the first flush and 77 grams on the 2nd flush. I waiting on the 3rd flush. read , follow instuctions, improvise, and yield :-)

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #302088 - 04/25/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My friend was pretty successfull 1st try. She used 1 syringe to 12 half pints filled with 60%whole brown rice and 40%verm, lost 1 to contams. Cased with straight verm 11 successful 1/2 pints a little over 1 month later. Harvest was over 1 ounce dry after 1 week.. This was done by reading posts(using search) here without asking 1 question.

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinew3rmf3wd
journeyman
    #302107 - 04/25/01 09:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My first attempt is still in the works right now.. I have some casings going (I decided to jump right in) and one cake. The cake has some 1cm babies on it, the cases are have pins going on (somewhat unevenly I admit). Trust me I abused those casings with true newbie spirit and they seem to be doing well despite it all. It's all about doing research, THINKING (not just following blindly, I have seen stuff in teks that will screw you for sure), and not being afraid of risk or things you haven't tried. Good luck!

Offlinelounge lizard
enthusiast
Loc: Midwest
    #302210 - 04/25/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

First try ended up getting only one little shroom, from twelve cakes. They got too dry. I didn't know anything about casing then, but now am getting consistent flushes. It takes time and most of all patience. Don't give up if you don't succeed your first time, chances are you'll get it right eventually.

"I feel cheated, where can I get the stuff that makes eggs look like brains?" --Bill Hicks

--------------------
"I feel cheated, where can I get  the stuff that makes eggs look like brains?" --Bill Hicks
Support the FSR:D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom