Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

'illusions' or reality, origin and our creation of happiness
    #3016874 - 08/18/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Question: can thoughts be pleasant/unpleasant without an emotional designation?, or was that question just an oxymoron?, I understand ppl classify thought and emotion as 2 very seperate things.

For example I sort of think of a thought as an apple, but the apple doesnt contain happiness unless I designate it happiness. In that sense though it still doesnt come from the apple, but from yourself. Likewize, by deciding you want to feel happy about the apple wouldnt it be possible to change the "illusion" into reality that the apple is containing the happiness?. Thus *maybe* giving out and endless supply of happiness?.

Could it not be looked at as changing "illusion" into reality?.

The quotations are there because illusions can be interpreted as reality in some senses, and yes I know their suppose to be 2 exact opposites. Much like what was mentioned in another thread about the "illusion" of deciding to consider something natural or unnatural, seperate or unseperate, when everything is connected in some sort of fasion.

It makes me wonder about what exactly I want to see as the truth and what to consider denial and also makes me observe where I want to draw the line and whether or not I want to be very conscious of the fact that the line even exists incase it might "hurt" my conscious well being.

(my bro took psychology and he told me a bit all about the documented studies on how ppl preserve their conscious well being (ego??) and how theres all different kinds of mental "blocks" we use to protect ourselves)

Comments?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: 'illusions' or reality, origin and our creation of happiness [Re: bandaid]
    #3017414 - 08/18/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

according to abhidhamma, and I do concurr,
any mind moment can be accompanied with one of the following
"FEELINGS" : pain, indifference, pleasure

these can be associated with one or more of the following
"CONSCIOUSNESSES": touch, vision, hearing, taste, smell, mind -(memory or combinations i.e. processing)

emotions are of the category body memory and may be associated or not with other memories of other consciousnesses. (surprisingly people call emotions feelings, but they are usually complex body memories or sequences - emotional routines - there are only 3 simple feelings)

Happiness is not one of the feelings, it is also a complex, and an elusive one at that - to get analytical you need to apply one of the 3 more limited feelings.

study everything you can and see if you can get a true-er view.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: 'illusions' or reality, origin and our creation of happiness [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3017520 - 08/18/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:study everything you can and see if you can get a true-er view.

I am going to research this more deeply for sure. But its great to come to the SP forum to gain insight from ppl like you, thx again for yet another insightfull post :thumbup: :sun:.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3017581 - 08/18/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

very cool post.

here's my take on it. 

the rational mind is what picks up on "what's around."  it's the identifier.  it's what looks at an apple and says "this is an apple."  based on previous knowledge.  you (the conscious awareness) relies on the rational mind to tell it what is what.  and like you said, there isn't any emotion attached.

the ego is the judge, based on your past experiences.  it's what tells you (the conscious awareness) that this apple is "good" or "bad"  the ego needs the rational mind to pick up on "what's there" but after that,, it will use the senses to discriminate between a good or a bad apple. 

now you can see a bad apple and still have no emotion attached, unless of course, if your used to seeing something ugly, you think negative of it.  here the ego will supply you (the conscious awareness) with a bad feeling so that you won't want to pick up or even eat the apple.

now with regards to happiness, I like to view the mind as like a :bio computer."  your emotions are like programs.  you are not the computer though, but the observer watching the screen as everything unfolds around you. so yes, you can "change" your programming to fit yourself into a "reality" full of love, happiness, and awe, rather than anger, hate and frustration. 

i always recommend this awesome book, that is really cheap and easy to read.    I can even type you the first couple of pages (i have it saved) so you can see what this author talks about, because it is directly related to this post.

handbook to higher consciousness by ken keyes.

can't say enough about it, changing reality to a constant supply of love...and turn yourself onto a state of bliss. 

:smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #3018410 - 08/18/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think the conditioning from our cultures that gives us dualism,
whatever our influences (varying on the subject) that decides our cultural asumptions, co-creating our feelings.. maybe its the tension that is a part of all of us, that is the imposed fear, shame, etc. that we are afraid of that determines what we are.. what we feel think and ultimatly become in the long run. the tension that creates a societal constricton, mental castration, suffocating realism to the surreal, stupifying the intellect of the rabble, prgramming you to feel what the tell you to feel, like what they tell you to like, to buy what they tell you to buy, to do what they tell you to do decideing what you are, making you actually feel like there is rational reasoning behind your casted, fragile statue of emotions...may it be fear love hate happiness etc.

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale