Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Weilii Fruiting - Tip for new hunters
    #3008895 - 08/16/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've known of weilii in cherokee for about 2 and a half years and I've been actively hunting them during the fall and it always puzzled me why I would find alot one day then 0 or small rotting ones who just plain seemed to stop growing for some reason.

Well what I learned is that weilii prefer long stretches of rainfall, like 3 days of somewhat consistent raining rather than 1-2 hours of an intense pour. I've found them after those 1 hour rains but theyre always scarce or stop growing before full maturity.

I would guess they stop growing because of the lack of humidity following the intense rain. Mushrooms need high humidity to grow and long stretches of rainfall provide that very well. However if it rains for 1 hour then the sun comes out there is little humidity to see the mushrooms through their full maturation period.

And for you new hunters, the small weilii are very hard to spot in pine needles. When you go hunting, look for big sweetgum tree's with redclay and pine needles under it then jump in that shit and tear it up. The weilii are hidden under the pine needles so you've got to go down and get dirty to find them sometimes. Alot of people just drive by a similar spot and don't see any shrooms protruding out and automatically say theyre not out. They're good hiders!

Edited by i2ancid (08/16/04 12:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Weilii Fruiting - Tip for new hunters [Re: I2ancid]
    #3009293 - 08/16/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think its because of the humidity from short rain falls. I think weilii, or any mushrooms, just need enough water. In Atlanta the little rain falls aren't enough to support many mushrooms full growth because after the rain they get fried by the sun and the water is all evaporated.

I've found that weilii like shaded hills on well kept grass usually in business parks or technology parks. They also like red clay. as you stated earlier.

Offlinerasjoe2112
 User Gallery

Loc: North GA
Re: Weilii Fruiting - Tip for new hunters [Re: I2ancid]
    #3010856 - 08/16/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Dont we remember all the fungal bloom in GA like 2 months ago? When we had like a week of rain. It was awesome, I was pulling over and adoring fungus all over town!

Its gonna take a 3-4 day rainfall to start us of, and hopefully we'll get it this weekend. It being the beginning of our true season.

I think this is going to be the year. The awareness generated by our wonderful SHROOMERYheads has created an amazing attraction to our friend the Weilii cosmically, we are all praying for them, all of us true mushieheads know, praying and hope are key. And well...my partner and I rode through Cherokee and North Fulton extensively on Sunday, and the terrain for max-weilii-growth potential is amazing. The construction is so extensive, and the movement and disruption of the land in this area is so massive that I believe our Weilii's will be here awhile and loving it, maybe eventually becoming a permanant staple here in NW/N Georgia. I have had more communication with wildlife and the state of Georgia than ever before this year, and I thank the motivation of weilli for it. I have grazed land and loved it. Thanks for gettin me outside weilli.

watch out for the brothers weilii.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract