Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads)
    #2978616 - 08/08/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fire is created by the splitting of compound energy that instills a border along unsplit compound energy until the unsplit compound energy eventually splits because of the instability of the energy around the act due to the magnetic stabilizing force of gravity. Thus there is a spread of the act that is fire until the process of splitting is changed, which leads to indirection of the act that can halt and cease the spread then process. This is why wind and water can change the direction of a fire and/or stop the act of a fire.

Discuss...

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #2978630 - 08/08/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to see a fire without gravity...

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: ]
    #2978676 - 08/08/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Without the natural cooling of air currents present on Earth materials in zero gravity conditions ignite nearly twice as fast. Although in zero gravity conditions heat and fire do not rise like it would on earth so the fire encounters the problem of oxygen depravation. In many cases fire will spread outward rapidly to consume oxygen which causes the fire to radiate more heat energy over a larger area. While this occurs, if enough heat energy is radiated the fire will cool to such a degree that the fire will just go out.

The largest threat fire provides on space ships is rapidly consuming through the cabin as well as ruining many delicate instruments aboard with heat and ash. It would be really pretty though.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: d33p]
    #2979166 - 08/08/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fire is trippy..

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2980396 - 08/09/04 02:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, thanks for explaining that. It's something I've been wondering about for awhile but havn't gotten off my ass long enough to actually do the research.

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #2980814 - 08/09/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, I am not the biggest advocate of marijuana... but check out a bonfire or other real fire while stoned... it becomes extremely 3D........ weird.

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2980826 - 08/09/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fire is an element. It's purpose is to cleanse and purify.
This is what it does to forests.
And on the human spirit it has a similar effect.
The shaman will be able to assist you in getting the most from fire.
Fire is always to be respected, always.
There are many spiritual benefits of fire, as well as the more obvious physical ones (light, heat.. )
Elements invite elementals.
I am the wind

and this is how the elements work

(going clockwise... the path of creation)
Metal creates Water, Water creates Wood, Wood creates Fire, Fire creates Earth, Earth creates Metal

(using the inner arrows.. the path of destruction)
Metal destroys(cuts) Wood, Water destroys(extinguishes) Fire, Wood destroys(contain) Earth, Fire destroys(melts) Metal, Earth destroys(dams) Water

--------------------

Offlineferago2
gnubie
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2980844 - 08/09/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, except what he wrote is totally wrong or insane. Or it could possibly be right if he redefined almost every word that he used. Fire is just an exothermic (heat producing) reaction between oxygen and another substance. Water puts it out by removing the source of oxygen. Gravity has nothing to do with magnetism, and neither of those forces are needed for fire- as someone posted above, you can quite happily have fires in zero gravity.

etc

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2980867 - 08/09/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> due to the magnetic stabilizing force of gravity

So fire doesn't burn in space?  I am also curious how exactly gravity and magnetism are related... this could be nobel prize type of stuff here.  :whatever:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: Seuss]
    #2980883 - 08/09/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

excuse my ignorance but magnetic fields have nothing to do with gravity? or have we just not discovered that yet..

I was under the impression that with the proper magnetic field in space one could create their own gravity. Like a ship in zero g acting as a planet.

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: ferago2]
    #2981055 - 08/09/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yea, but then can you explain the fire that we see? i see this red thing bobbing up and down, and it boggles my fucking mind jesus christ i go crazy, and people make up all these unsatisfying explanations just to sound like they know what they're talking about, because they're afraid to not know. it's okay to not know, just let me know you don't so we can both find out from somebody else. Problem is, most people don't give a shit about discovering or learning things. It's sad really.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2981491 - 08/09/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Fire is a chemical process. Three things are needed for this process: oxygen, heat and fuel. Without one of these elements a fire cannot start or continue.

In a chemical process, the molecules rearrange themselves. Energy is either released or absorbed. The process in a fire is called oxidation, where oxygen atoms combine with hydrogen and carbon to form water and carbon dioxide. Oxidation is the same chemical process that turns iron into rust. But with iron, the reaction is VERY slow. So, the heat energy that is released is VERY low.

With certain things, like paper or wood, the oxidation rate of the molecules can be very fast. If the heat cannot be released faster than it is created, then combustion happens.

Besides heat, there must also be flames or smoldering present during the chemical process for it to be called fire. Exhaust gases also are produced. If the burning process is very clean, you don't see the exhaust gases. If some of the particles of the fuel are not completely burned, you see smoke. Smoke is made up of evaporated water, carbon dioxide and unburnt particles of the fuel. "

Sourced from www.energyquest.ca.gov/how_it_works/fire.html

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: Shroomism]
    #2981562 - 08/09/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> magnetic fields have nothing to do with gravity? or have we just not discovered that yet..

The last I had heard, there was no known direct relationship between gravity and magnetism... we are in nobel prize territory if somebody can relate the two.  :smile:

> Three things are needed for this process: oxygen, heat and fuel.

Even this is not true.  A wax candle will burn in chlorine gas with no oxygen needed.

> I was under the impression that with the proper magnetic field in space one could create their own gravity.

Not that I am aware of.  Loosly speaking, gravity is in the time/space domain while magnetism is in the EMF domain.  Linking the two would be a step towards grand unification.

Gravity does have an effect on fire... smoke, and heat, don't rise in a weightless environment.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMrbadguy
Marquis de Sade

Loc: Enemy territory
Re: Fire (Why it starts and why it spreads) [Re: Shroomism]
    #2981738 - 08/09/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
and this is how the elements work

I've see it more traditionally (though errorneous) as a fourfold symmetry model sequence: cold-WATER-wet-AIR-hot-FIRE-dry-EARTH-cold..., according to my bud's translation of this copied latin portrait I've got. Though the elements are personified. Supposedly she says the pattern is merely stating the adjacent traits of each element combine to form that element.
Anyway, I think fire was well defined first here as basicly a chemical reaction splitting bonds to release energy. It's basicly similar to enzymes creating or storing energy in bodily processes. Drop sulfuric acid in sugar or i think salt could do, and you'll be presented with flames until it's exhausted leaving a large volume of carbon. You can really see the "bond breaking" effect in wood when it splinters under heavy flame at points. I've heard argon, the element, is antagonistic with flame and that would be beneficiary to heavy welding or smelting operations. What I'd like to know off anyone is the flame you see, what's the range of electromagnetic width beyond the visible limit. I guess infrared is undoubtfully there, but if anyone could enlighten me on other light.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale