Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Loc: In your mind!
Wet spot contam?!?!
    #2971036 - 08/06/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well... I have a feeling I've been hit.

I think my pf jars are contaminated, some areas have gotten darker and look like they are overly moist... after browsing the list and pics of the various contams I have a feeling that is what it could be, though it hasn't progressed as far as in the pics yet...

I inoculated the jars a few days ago, no signes of myc yet... at first I thought that my spore print (which I had made myself) was the problem but I have some jars that I didn't inoculate which show the same singes...

Could I just re-sterilize the jars and inoculate them again or would this not kill the contams.... in other words, can I still use these jars if I PC them for long enough or will I have to throw them all out and make new ones?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Btw, since I know you're thinking this... of course I sterilized them before inoculating them... but obvoiuls not enough... I don't have a PC and I had them in boiling water for about 30 minutes... I know that that isn't near enough, but what can I say... I ran out of time, and this isn't the first time I wasn't able to cook them for longer and still had no problems with contams

--------------------
www.powertabs.net <--- best guitar tablature site ever!!!

Edited by death_by_desire (08/06/04 05:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Wet spot contam?!?! [Re: death_by_desire]
    #2971155 - 08/06/04 07:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldnt reccomend resterilizing the jar. For one some of the nutrients have been used up by the growing myc and contam. Second the pf jars are so cheap and easy to make that there is no logical reason to recycle like that.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Wet spot contam?!?! [Re: death_by_desire]
    #2977311 - 08/08/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It always helps if you can post a picture of the substrates in question.

As for as trying to resterilize and innoculating the same substrates, dpn't do it. Dump the cakes you made out, clean the jars well, and start all over again from scratch. You might want to consider buying all new jars. . . just to be safe.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Loc: In your mind!
Re: Wet spot contam?!?! [Re: djd586]
    #2977596 - 08/08/04 06:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, it hasn't been spreading and my myc has cought up to the places in question... Perhaps its just some kind of optical illusion, or it just is wet at that place...

I guess I'll konw soon enough, I'll just see if the myc manages to colonize that area of the jar, in that case there shouldn't be any problems after all or?

--------------------
www.powertabs.net <--- best guitar tablature site ever!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract