Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism?
    #2950546 - 07/31/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Considering Bush originally ran for President as under the banner of 'Compassionate Conservativism', what exactly is Bush's take on the War on Terror in the campaign? Why is it only John Kerry who has to remind people of his stance on the War on Terrorism, Iraq etc.?

If you look at Kerry's anti-terror stance, he believes that the War on Terror cannot be limited to military action, and that it has to also be a law enforcement, and intelligence issue (and Kerry is right here I believe); Bush responded to this by saying Kerry was soft on terrorism by saying it was also a law enforcement issue to stop terrorists.

And Iraq. What is Bush's plan? Continue what's being done right now? What the hell is that? Kerry wants to bring in an international and thus diplomatic effort to help rebuild and restore security in Iraq, adding that troops will stay there as long as they have to - and he wants to bring NATO into it (another good thing) as well. To me, this sounds alot like an exit plan - something Bush obviously doesn't have.

Now, why is it half the country believes Bush is better for all this? What the hell is Bush's record? Invading Afghanistan and Iraq? What kind of record is that? Shit, I can do that if I was in office. In Afghanistan even, the expensive work was done by the U.S., the bloody work done by the Northern Alliance - not to mention the major delay in getting U.S. troops on the ground in Afghanistan to actually try to subdue some key figures who had the chance to head south into the mountains or into Pakistan. Bin Laden too, U.S. decided not to send troops into Tora Bora when the trail on OBL was hot; instead the U.S. wanted the Afghans to go in there for them.

And why is Bush considered by manny the better choice than Kerry when Kerry has actual experience defending the United States - in fact, John Kerry has taken lives with his own hands. What has Bush done? When Bush was busy doing shit all in his younger years Kerry was either in Vietnam, or active in domestic politics after Vietnam. He has also been running for some form of office for decades now.

And Bush - he's a flip flop. First he doesn't want the 9/11 Comission, then the heat was on, it was created and Bush goes ahead and says that the 9/11 Comission is a good thing (flip flop). Bush then says it's in the best interest that Condy Rice not testify at the comission, but when the heat was on once again and Dr. Rice testified - Yea! Lets get Condy up there and see what happened (flip flop!) First the war was about WMD's, now it's about liberation (another flip flop).. Then comes Abu Ghraib, and Bush only then apologizes after much critique for not doing so right off the bat.. the list is endless, insecure, and these flip flops are alot more serious than Kerry 'flip flops' which are more or less cases of analysis paralysis. So why do so many see Bush as the only one who can 'protect the nation' when he virtually has no record other than his belligerent presidency so far.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: Zahid]
    #2951201 - 08/01/04 08:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fact of the matter is, there hasn't been another terrorist attack on US soil since 9-11, and that bodes very well for Bush whether the same would have happened with or without him.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2952536 - 08/01/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Alot of people seem to forget that an Egyptian man killed 2 Israelis at LAX sometime ago.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#2952867 - 08/01/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yea i know Kahid....but the press kept telling us it wasnt terrorism...i wonder why? (not bieng sarcastic here)

The TV news didnt even state that it was Muslims and Jews involved... I didnt find that out until i read on the net...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2952942 - 08/01/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We are not told that the massive fires which ravaged California last year were terrorist in origin, though it is known that some were deliberately set. If you ask yourself, what would be the political disadvantage for those in power to acknowledge that these fires were acts of terrorism, you can see that it is often in the rulers' best interests to not admit such a possibility.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2953157 - 08/01/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They also didn't tell us that both terrorists were behind both of Nelly's latest albums and Jessica Simpson.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2953193 - 08/01/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No - really, an Egyptian man shot and killed 2 Israelis at LAX. What the hell is that?

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2953213 - 08/01/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like terrorism to me, who knows. But I find it contradictory that many on this board who believe Bush allowed 9/11 to happen for political gain, and also believe he would benefit from an election time terrorist attack are now saying the Admin is covering up terrorism to make themselves look better. Not very consistent. I can't say why the press said the LAX thing was not terrorism. California wild fires though...

As for Kerry, he's all talk. He says he will do everything Bush has tried, but simply by the fact that he is John Kerry everthing will magicaly work out. It's like Wesley Clarke saying "When I am President we won't have these terrorist attacks" Yeah. Maybe people believe it, but if Bush is having such a hard, not for lack of trying, I see no reason to believe Kerry will be able to do it better. France, Germany and Russia opposed the war because of economic interests, not soley because of Bush. John Kerry could not have, and cannot change any of this.

As for flip flops I think that is a fundamental misunderstanding of the Iraq policy. Yes it was about WMDs, yes it was about terrorism, yes it was about genocide and despotism, yes it was about democracy in the middle east. All of those things are interelated: Saddams was a nexus for mass murdering capacities, terrorists and political repression in the middle east. We didn't shift the issue at all, we simply acknowledge the mutiplicity of the problems saddam created, and the potential problems that would be solved by ousting him. Even Wolfowitz said the WMD issue was settled on for beauracratic reason, all the other one's (genocide, terrorism, tryanny, etc.) were not enough for a complacent United Nations. If liberals would stop selectively ignoring the bigger picture of the Bush doctrine it would seem far more consistent.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2953236 - 08/01/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why is a black man killing a white man nothing, a white man killing a black man a hate crime, and a muslim killing jews terrorism?

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: d33p]
    #2953480 - 08/01/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This world is fucked up, I'm sorry.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Why is only Bush fit to fight terrorism? [Re: d33p]
    #2953673 - 08/01/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Why is a black man killing a white man nothing, a white man killing a black man a hate crime, and a muslim killing jews terrorism?

these are all good questions... can we say "the government wants racism"

Jump to top Pages: 1