Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in WWII?
    #2950340 - 07/31/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

VVVVV
Did they deserve it?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/31/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in WWII? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2950343 - 07/31/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Just to clarify, is this wording specifically how you wanted it? 'Japan Deserve' as opposed to 'Should the US have', correct?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in WWII? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2950398 - 07/31/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisiblepB0t
I'm a teapot
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W *DELETED* [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2950587 - 08/01/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by pB0t

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in WWII? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2950602 - 08/01/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The nuke attacks on Japan were blatant acts of terrorist activity.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
If you fuck with the Bull, you get the horn. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2950714 - 08/01/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My question is, Did Hitler deserve it? As Marge Schott has demonstrated, he was good in the begining and he built a lot of highways. Maybe we shouldn't have carpet bombed the German cities which took a greater toll.

The firebombing of Tokyo was more devestating than Hiroshima or Nagasaki. The Empire of Japan itself committed worse attrocities that that in the rape of Nanking. They had killing contests published in Japanese newspapers. Think about how classy that is. The man who won killed the most Chinese in one day, and they all counted. Women, children and elderly. They all counted. He killed well over a hundred of them going for the title. I am sure a lot of proud men that day wanted to claim a close second.

I wonder why some of you guys never consider the possiblities of what the world would be like if the Japs had won. What about if Adolf Hitler could have pulled it off? Think of the world under Supreme Soviet Command. All those options suck, and the way the world is today is clearly the best option for freedom.

It may be my first suspension, but Japan attacked the USA you pansies. Either grow a pair or relegate yourselves to the sidelines and be quiet about it. Sisies.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: If you fuck with the Bull, you get the horn. [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2950768 - 08/01/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The Empire of Japan itself committed worse attrocities

What the fuck have women and kids in Hiroshima got to do with nanking? Does this mean your mother should be vaporised for the rape and torture the american soldiers are dishing out to Iraqis?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: pB0t]
    #2950850 - 08/01/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

DOOD! your avatar is HOT SHIT!!!

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2951099 - 08/01/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

of course not. but it was probably the best way to stop the japanese

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: Mystiq_Shaman]
    #2951139 - 08/01/04 07:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

By July, the Japanese were making frantic efforts to end the war, approaching the U.S. with peace proffers that were subsequently rejected. The Japanese were willing to do anything short of an unconditional surrender to get the war finished; their primary concern was maintaining the emperor's status.

Despite these ongoing bids for peace, Truman was convinced that only an unconditional surrender would be sufficient. On July 21, he gave the order that the U.S. Army should employ atomic weapons against the Japanese.

70,000 dead in an instant, more than 90% civilians. Nearly 70,000 more were injured, most with hideous burns and radiation poisoning. Hundreds of thousands die over the coming years from radiation poisoning.

I don't quite see how anyone could try to justify the bombing of Hiroshima.

--------------------

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: Revelation]
    #2951145 - 08/01/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2951357 - 08/01/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

FIrst you all have to think of what would happen with a land invasion.  Every single civilian would fight the American troops, all of them would to the death.  They were brainwashed into thinking that if they are captured, they would be tortured to death.  Any1 remember how hard it was to take the Islands around Japan?  How fucking hard it was to capture live Japs cause they ussualy faught to their death.

Hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of Japanese would have to be slaughtered.  And yes, children and women were expected to fight too.  If I was an American soldiers during that time I would vote for the land invasion, it would be open hunting on every Jap. :frown:

So which one is better?  Nuke or land invasion?  I pick invasion just for the the hunting permit.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (08/01/04 10:43 AM)

Anonymous

#2951441 - 08/01/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

no.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: Revelation]
    #2951651 - 08/01/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
Truman was convinced that only an unconditional surrender would be sufficient.

That is the way the game was played. If you attack us you will be defeated. The only acceptable option is victory, complete victory. The best deterent to war is when other countries know we mean business.

Think about our policy since then. We fought in Korea, but we didn't fight to win. Today, the despot that we allowed to remain in power threatens us and our allies with nuclear weapons.

We fought in Vietnam, but we didn't fight to win. We lost that war and we lost international credibility. After the communists took over Vietnam and Cambodia, millions of people were slaughtered. That region still suffers the wounds of that conflict. If you compare that country to countries that we have liberated, the worst thing that could have happened to them is winning a war against us.

We fought the first Gulf War against Sadaam, but we didn't fight to win. He then gassed his own people, and then systematically starved them while he built palace after palace. We ended up having to go back in a decade later.

Our record of fighting wars not to win sucks. It never accomplishes anything. Had we let Japan off with anything less than an unconditional surrender I doubt that they would be the worlds second biggest economy with one of the highest standards of living known to man.

And just on the face of it, I don't like the principle of letting the other guy off the hook. If some nation makes us deploy our kids half way accross the world, they should know out front that they have an ass kicking coming to them when we get there. No way we should have let the Japanese go when we had them on the defensive. The only time you take your hand off of the throat of your opponent is when you go to get a better grip.

More Japanese died in the firebombings of Toyko than in Hiroshima. A land invasion would have been a full scale slaughter. You pick your poison, but war is never pretty. We didn't start it, but we sure as hell did end it. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I think some of the fellow travelers on this board are most bothered by the fact that we might actually win the war in Iraq. George Bush has gone on record that the only acceptable outcome is victory. That is the way I see it as well.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Edited by JesusChrist (08/01/04 12:23 PM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2951772 - 08/01/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Very well said.

Zahid, what the fuck are you talking about? Terrorist attack?

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2951777 - 08/01/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Unconditional surrender isn't the only way to win. Getting the other side to refuse to fight and offer a peace treaty IS actually a viable alternative.

Hell, if we're going all the way, why not kill every single living thing in the evil opponent's country? That'll really tell em we mean business.

You can't win some wars without killing everyone on the other side. Iraq for example - winning it means slaughtering their entire people, leaving only the docile. Those wars are not worth fighting

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: vampirism]
    #2951804 - 08/01/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How do you think wars were won for the past 1000 years? Do you actually think that leaders targeted armies? They massacred the civilians because the civilians are the heart of nation.

Japan wanted their Emperor to stay in power. US wanted Japan to admit that the Emperor did not have divine power. They were never going to surrender and the only way was to invade or bomb the shit out of them with either more firebombs or few nukes. I choose the nukes. Least number of casualties.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Did Japan deserve to have two nukes dropped on them in W [Re: downforpot]
    #2951865 - 08/01/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

UHH, wtf??
Yes, they DID target armies. There used to be huge armies roaming around and fighting, and if your army died you lost. Civilians have been massacred only in about the last 300 years or so

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #2952414 - 08/01/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is always some asshole defending the use of nukes. I just cant believe what i am reading. They NUKED civilians!!!! HELLO????????

Nothing short of imminent defeat could warrant use of nukes. And then only if the alternatives would be more devastating.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2952459 - 08/01/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Genghis Khan killed every civilian in one battle because of TACTICAL reasons. I did a research paper on him and there were times when both sides had large amounts of troops and the only way to win was to massacre the civilian population.

Shroomnoob, should the US have invaded Japan instead of dropping nukes?

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (08/01/04 03:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder