Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
New To Poo, Please Help!
    #2937071 - 07/28/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I got 40lbs of composted cow manure for $2.30 today at ace. This is going to be my second attempt at a bulk grow using manure. My first attempt was with shit I got fresh from the fields. I dried it then ground it up and pasteurized it.... I found it really hard to keep the temp correct when doing this using the tek I was using. It was with a big pot and a brick. I think it ended up getting to hot and that?s the reason I god such a bad contam when I added my colonized WBS.

Ok so this is what I want to ask you guys.

I have straw, poo, wbs & peat moss. What else do you suggest I buy? I usually case with straight peat moss and I find that to work just great (better then straight verm) but I really want to go beyond what I have done in the past and improve my growing skills. So if I was to case with a ratio of stuff what would you all suggest?

Also I really don't like the way my poo turned out last time in the pot. I have read tek's that suggest you pasteurize your poo in the oven. It really made sense to me and I think I will give it a try. Have any of you done this in the oven? If so is there any down side to doing it this way? If you have not done this what is your method? Also I can't seem to find that tek if some one could give me a link that would be great :cool:

Thanks in advanced for any help  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNNY
Z?

Loc: USA
Re: New To Poo, Please Help! [Re: Fungi_x]
    #2937189 - 07/28/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you can micorwave pasteurize it too, i think. im going to be doing some poop/straw casing soon, but i really dont want to bake this shit in the oven and stink up my entire apartment.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2938489 - 07/28/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Think about cooking for yourself and others.
Or put an oven in yout garage. Just a thought. :goodluck:

:captain:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleSubGen1us

#2939277 - 07/29/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just baught a turkey fryer at walmart on clearance 20$. Its a huge pot and u cant beat the price. it will be 50$ at ur walmart probley unless they have them for sale too, who knows. u connect it to gas and it has its own burner and stand, it also comes with a thermometer.

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2939294 - 07/29/04 02:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This isn't advanced at all...try the cultivation forum for better results.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: New To Poo, Please Help! [Re: NNY]
    #2939427 - 07/29/04 04:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NNY said:
you can microwave pasteurize it too, i think.  I?m going to be doing some poop/straw casing soon, but i really don?t want to bake this shit in the oven and stink up my entire apartment.

Ok listen I'm about to bust your balls. I am not a newb. But you are. I can tell just by how fucking stupid some of the stuff you just said sounded. pasteurize poo in the microwave? You obviously don't know pasteurize from sterilize. You can't pasteurize poo in the microwave you fucking poser. pasteurizing is a process of killing bad stuff but at the same time letting the good stuff live. The only way you can do this is by keeping a steady temperature. How the fuck can I do this I?m a microwave?

You also wrong about it stinking up my house. I have a feeling your 13 - 16 (or at least that?s your maturity level) If you look the poo I got is composted. It?s basically dirt. Its pitch black and smells like dirt, Nutrient rich dirt. I have collected fresh cow poo and dried it on a big board in the sun and cooked it in a pot before and all you could smell was the straw. Poo stinks if it?s moldy and gross. But if it is composted, there is no stinky stuff left. Well at least the "POO" smell. You still smell it but its bacicly smells like your cooking dirt in the oven. A musky smell. I have read this many of times. And the smell will not stay in the oven or make the food you cook in there stink.

So this is what it comes down to, NNY you are a newbie that is trying to answer questions you don't have the answers to.

Quote:

goto http://www.shroomery.org and scroll down, you will see this:
This site was created to help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation about magic mushrooms so people can make intelligent and informed decisions about what they put in their bodies. Countless contributors and volunteers have helped consolidate the plethora of information on the World Wide Web into an all-encompassing source of accurate and accessible mushroom facts. We believe we can safely say that The Shroomery will be the only reference you'll need for psychedelic mushroom information!

You are basically helping to spread misinformation! So stop! Don't teach something you have never taken a class on.

Now this post could piss you off. You being new to this message board may think I?m being an ass. Well I am being an ass but it?s because I hate misinformation. I?m glad to see you are at least trying to help, you need to keep that up but only when you know what the fuck you?re talking about :wink: :wink:

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: New To Poo, Please Help! [Re: NNY]
    #2939437 - 07/29/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

PS, Welcome To the Shroomery! :cheers:

OfflineNNY
Z?

#2939453 - 07/29/04 05:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

heaven forbid i make a mistake.  but im sorry, i mucked up my words, thanks.

not making a habit of cooking cow shit in my oven, i cant say i know for a fact that it will smell up my entire place like shit.  that was an assumption based on all my previous experiance with various types of shit, both at room temperature and baking in the sun.

that having been said, you should look up the definition for maturity.  you might be interested to know it has *nothing* to do with ones intelligence in general or their knowledge of a specific topic.

ps:  thanks for the welcome wagon. :thumbup:

Edited by NNY (07/29/04 05:14 AM)

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
    #2939462 - 07/29/04 05:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, ripping into people when they are just giving adivce on a topic that SHOULD be posted in the Mushroom Cultivation forum, not advanced shows that you are a dick. So what, the guy answered that he BELIEVES you can pasturize in your microwave, not preeching for it. I've also cooked a pot full of fresh horse shit on my stove, and guess what? IT SMELLED LIKE FUCKING SHIT! I hate misinformation to, but the guy was just trying to help you out, take it easy man, if i wanted to cuss at someone so gaddamn early in the morning i'de watch the news...

Ok, about your questions, you should try casing a 60/40 coir verm mix, works great.

Poo in the oven, get the amount of poo you want, add the correct amount of water, and then some more. Set your oven at 160-165 F, then bake for an hour or until the poo is 160-165F all the way through to the middle.

WBS in MY OPINION works best for spawn. Good luck with your grow.

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

Edited by KreeprCeepr (07/29/04 05:27 AM)

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
    #2939532 - 07/29/04 06:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You are also a loser you said and I quote

Quote:

I've also cooked a pot full of fresh horse shit on my stove, and guess what? IT SMELLED LIKE FUCKING SHIT!

You also have no place answering questions.

You don't cook fresh poo it has ammonia in it and that is what you smell. if you look over my post you will see were I say:

Quote:

I have collected fresh cow poo and dried it on a big board in the sun and cooked it in a pot before and all you could smell was the straw.

See how I say I dried it then cooked it? O my god imagine that!!!! I did it the correct way so it did not smell!! Because I actualy know what the fuck im talking about!!! Im aware fresh shit stinks thats why I dried it. If you know what your doing there will be almost no smell with fresh poo and ZERO smell with composted cow poo. So eat that!

Quote:

Hey man, ripping into people when they are just giving adivce on a topic that SHOULD be posted in the Mushroom Cultivation forum, not advanced shows that you are a dick.

I was being harsh because people like you with very little knowlege and all your facts wrong come on the boards thiking you know it all. You prolly did not even read my whole post. I think this does belong in advanced. I believe a bulk grow is advanced and I think the fucking shroomery agrees if you look at this tek its under advanced:

Home | Mushroom Cultivation - Grow Mushrooms | Advanced Cultivation Techniques | Bulk and Grain substrates | Oven-Bag Pasteurization Pictorial

See lamers http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23705

You may also want to look what we consider Advanced Cultivation Techniques http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7911

Imaging that im rite again... This is stressing me out. I hate when people are incorrect but believe they are correct.

Quote:

Poo in the oven, get the amount of poo you want, add the correct amount of water, and then some more. Set your oven at 160-165 F, then bake for an hour or until the poo is 160-165F all the way through to the middle.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23705 I found the tek I need.

Quote:

Ok, about your questions, you should try casing a 60/40 coir verm mix, works great.

I can not get verm. Its out of the question.

Some of you people make me sick  :thumbdown:

Peace, Fungi_x.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
    #2939567 - 07/29/04 07:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

NNY I really was not being an ass to like just be an ass. I?m not trying to make you feel bad and I should have had a big disclaimer before I let into you. Anyway this is how it goes, you don't belong in here answering questions. I did not ask "what cool ways have you herd to pasteurize you poo" I was asking:

Quote:

Have any of you done this in the oven? If so is there any down side to doing it this way? If you have not done this what is your method?

I was asking people who have tried it or people who have even used poo before. You must understand how frustrating it is to get answers back that are completely garbage like yours was :smirk:

Now this is what I suggest. I suggest you don't post something unless you can back it up with facts. And remember you do have the ability to gain knowledge even from your mistakes :wink:

Now since I have cleared all that up can you fix my ratings? You have no reason to give me that rate. I?m clearly correct here in almost every way.

It would be very childish if you guys didn?t :ooo:

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
    #2939576 - 07/29/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

that having been said, you should look up the definition for maturity. you might be interested to know it has *nothing* to do with ones intelligence in general or their knowledge of a specific topic.

My comment was more geard at how fast you were to answer a question with out putting much thought into it.

I get this alot people doing things wrong becasue they read over teks and don't understand things and becasue they read post were people say things like:

"but i really dont want to bake this shit in the oven and stink up my entire apartment."

"I've also cooked a pot full of fresh horse shit on my stove, and guess what? IT SMELLED LIKE FUCKING SHIT!"

This above in red is pure misinformation.

The truth is. Poo is not all that stinky if you actualy learn about it.

Ok my fingers are starting to cramp :crazy:

OfflineNNY
Z?

#2939618 - 07/29/04 07:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you know, ive got a 10lb bag of dried manuer about 4 feet away from me, in a box. if i were to open the box i could smell it straight through the bag, its a bit ripe. im sure it wont get much better once i add water and heat it up.

dont worry, no disclaimer is needed. you didnt make me feel bad, but your attitude is pretty lame.

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
    #2940296 - 07/29/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You know what dude, fuck you, find your answeres somewhere else until your old enough to be on the Shroomery.

Edited by KreeprCeepr (07/29/04 11:37 AM)

OfflineSatori1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: everywhere
    #2941004 - 07/29/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest you buy coco coir and vermiculite, and use a 50% mixture of both to case. I've had great results with this..

The boiled down method of pasturizing dung in the oven is:

"Pack a large covered pan (you can cover tightly with foil) with Moistened Processed Dung. Insert a meat thermometer and place in an oven heated to 300*F. When meat thermometer indicates 160*F reduce oven temp to 200*F. Hold the meat thermometer between 160-170*F for at least one hour in the center. "

I personally have never done this - I started by mixing the dung with straw and pasturizing in a big pot for 1hr 15min. One problem I have noticed with this is it's hard to get the moisture content right, it usually comes out too wet.

this tek should help you:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=1&vc=1

good luck!

Invisiblespock
journeyman
    #2941143 - 07/29/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

to me shit smells like shit.old dry shit once wetted and heated once again smells like shit in my opinion.
i have heard some say it smells "earthy".not to me. i imagine mabey if i rode horses or lived near farms i might feel different.
jmho.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: New To Poo, Please Help! [Re: KreeprCeepr]
    #2941681 - 07/29/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KreeprCeepr said:
You know what dude, fuck you, find your answers somewhere else until your old enough to be on the Shroomery. 

Why don't you do me a favor? Stop looking for any excuse to hide the fact you were flat out wrong and I showed you. Now you don't like it and you and the rest of your newbs with under 500 posts and 20 rating can all giggle and say how much fungi_x is a dickhead.

You know what I consider a dick head? Some one who comes on to a message board telling people "you can pasteurize poo in the microwave" when the guy has never even grown with poo. And you got people saying my question does not belong here. WHEN IT CLEARLY IS ADVANCED! Am I the only one who is seeing through all this bullshit? Am I the only one who sees that the boards are not what they were 6 months ago?

I understand I asked for the winy-ness because most people would either realize why I'm so pissed and stop saying stupid stuff or in your case your all extra stupid and you try to say I don't know what the I'm talking about when clearly the problem is with how I treated NNY or what ever his name is.

So the following people can suck my balls:

KreeprCeepr :thumbdown:
zee_werp    :thumbdown:

Can I please get some support from the mods in Advanced Mushroom Cultivation I have one question.

Does my original post with all the questions belong in Mushroom Cultivation or Advanced Mushroom Cultivation

OfflineSatori1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: everywhere
    #2942012 - 07/29/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fungi X, take it easy man
Did you read the link that I posted?
I think that will help you out.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2942906 - 07/30/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fungi_X, I really think you're being a bit unreasonable...I'm not a newb either (I've been here longer than you and before that I was using a different user name for over a year) and I have grown with shit before and I can tell you for sure that it is NOT, I repeat NOT advanced and if you think it is well then maybe its you who sucks.

**Advanced Mushroom Cultivation (3 viewing)
For advanced mycologists, this forum is dedicated to the discussion of experimental procedures, advanced cultivation techniques and mushroom science.**

And even if poo isn't technically pasturised when you microwave it, the fact is that it works and its a hell of a lot easier than fucking around with thermometers and a pot of steaming shit for hours. Poo can be done in the microwave in 10-15 minutes with near 100% success rate (ie no contam), in my experience at least.

But all that aside, the reason I gave you a 1 shroom rating was because of the extremely harsh, rude and pretentious way in which you replied to NNY...thats not cool. I'm not gonna change my rating for you just because you're pissed off about it, I have a fully justified reason for rating you a 1...whereas I think you rating me a 1 is just a little immature theres no justification in that but hey who gives a shit in the end its a few pixels on a website screen.

I honestly think you're a little deluded...you have a very big ego...maybe if you apologised to NNY AND stopped being such an arrogant wanker THEN I might change your rating...

Just think of it this way - if you're so shit hot at cultivation, and you know so much, then why the fuck did you even need to ask a question here in the first place? You were dissing people for not having grown with shit before, when you say so here yourself that you've only tried it ones and you failed. Get you're amatuer ass to the MC forum!

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
    #2945099 - 07/30/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ok now who has an attitude?

Ok let me start this off by saying, I?m going to be a ass to you because your W.R.O.N.G and you just basically told me off and I'm not going to take shit from anyone who tells me they where here under a different name for a year and don't give me the name. You?re a fucking poser. Give me the name so I can see what people have rated you :wink:

Ok on to what I do best. I?m going to dissect all the crap out of your post and tell you why I?m right :smile:

Quote:

zee_werp said:
Just think of it this way - if you're so shit hot at cultivation, and you know so much, then why the fuck did you even need to ask a question here in the first place? You were dissing people for not having grown with shit before, when you say so here yourself that you've only tried it ones and you failed. Get you're amateur ass to the MC forum!

I never claimed to be hot shit. I think you?re the only one saying that. I never dissed anyone, again you are delusional. I agree I was being an asshole. Just like I?m being to you. (you fucking fag) but not because they never used poo. That was merely a "fact" I used to conclude they had no right answering questions on the subject. Unless you consider using a fact to back up a statement "dissing"

:lol: And I'm the delusional one! :lol:

Quote:

zee_werp said:
Fungi_X, I really think you're being a bit unreasonable...I'm not a newb either (I've been here longer than you and before that I was using a different user name for over a year) and I have grown with shit before and I can tell you for sure that it is NOT, I repeat NOT advanced and if you think it is well then maybe its you who sucks.

Any one who tells me they were here longer then me but had a different user name and never give the user name is a fucking liar.

How about this give us your old username and a link to a grow log. Or something you did to contribute to this community.

Here is something I did when I was still new to growing: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...46542fe6a15e8ae (oh by the way I was the first person to ever do this experiment and post it in a grow log)

Quote:

zee_werp said:
And even if poo isn't technically pasteurized when you microwave it, the fact is that it works and it?s a hell of a lot easier than fucking around with thermometers and a pot of steaming shit for hours. Poo can be done in the microwave in 10-15 minutes with near 100% success rate (ie no contam), in my experience at least.

NNY said you can pasteurize poo in the microwave and I say you can not. I?m correct so why are you still using that against me? I?m right. You can not pasteurize poo in the microwave! You can only sterilize it. NNY was wrong! Yes I was an ass in telling him he was wrong so fucking what! HE WAS WRONG! If the poo is not "technically pasteurized" (you said that) then how is it true you can pasteurize poo! I want you banned you fucking stupid cock sucking fag. I fucking hate people as stupid as you. You don't deserve to be called a human. You stupid fuck.

Quote:

zee_werp said:
I'm not going to change my rating for you just because you're pissed off about it, I have a fully justified reason for rating you a 1...whereas I think you rating me a 1 is just a little immature there?s no justification in that but hey who gives a shit in the end its a few pixels on a website screen.

Ok well that?s good because I agree I was extremely harsh, rude and pretentious, just as long It's none of the other things you have said that were wrong :wink: That brings me to my next point. Because of all the incorrect things you have said. I find you to be an even lamer fag and still believe you deserve a 1 die and go to hell.

Quote:

zee_werp said:
I honestly think you're a little deluded...you have a very big ego...maybe if you apologised to NNY AND stopped being such an arrogant wanker THEN I might change your rating...

No, I?m not deluded. But you clearly are
Yes, I have a very big ego because your large amount of stupid makes me feel very smart.
Yes, I?m sorry if I hurt NNY's feelings I never meant to hurt any one or make anyone feel bad (and NNY has said I did not make him sad) so I?m not sorry. I hope he learns something from this post and can see how stupid this all is.
Yes, I?m glad I was an ass to NNY because people are going to read what you have said and all the other dumb things and have a good laugh.
No, I don't give a fuck if you change my rating or if you keep it a 1. They are only ratings!

Thank every one who can see through all these lamers,
Fungi_x

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck