Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
A little fun with contamination.
    #2935832 - 07/28/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I poured my first dishes of agar recently and of the 6 dishes 5 contaminated. After reviewing my procedures I think I know why they contaminated but rather than waist them I decided to have a little fun.  Thats right I am growing some contamination  :grin:

I actually took 2 of the plates and microwaved them for 30 sec. It brought it to a good boil. I then let cool and left them sealed. I have been told that this will not kill the contamination but I have nothing to loose. 2 of the plates I let grow out.

The two that were microwaved (48 hours ago) show no sign of contamination. I figure I will give it a nother couple of days to see. The two that are growing have some great looking stuff in them :blush:

I have a picture of one of the contaminated ones. Anyone care to take a shot at what it mite be?

There are 2 and maybe 3 contaminations in this dish. The funny discolored swirl on the left side. The two white wispy hairy patches and the one on the bottom that is a white patch with a green dot in it (green mold)

NOTE: The agar has a red tinge to it because I put red food coloring in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: A little fun with contamination. [Re: Cyber]
    #2939401 - 07/29/04 04:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's really hard to tell what kind of contamination you're growing in that plate. Those hairy patches can be something like cobweb but no definitive answer can be given without using a microscope.
Nice experiment though, i've done it myself, it can be fun :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies