Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #2911132 - 07/21/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/07/20/reefer.madness.reut/index.html

so this explains why im anxious, unmotivated or perhaps even psychotic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :crazy2:

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: synthesis]
    #2911157 - 07/21/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So officials at the National Institutes of Health and at the White House are hoping to shift some of the focus in research and enforcement from "hard" drugs such as cocaine and heroin to marijuana.

Oh...that's just wonderful isn't it! Let's put less emphasis on the drugs that have the potential to destroy a person's life in a matter of weeks...and go after the stoners! Watch out Cheech!

"Most people have been led to believe that marijuana is a soft drug, not a drug that causes serious problems," John Walters, head of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, said in an interview.

Hmm. Eye-hand coordination...still good. Mental capacities...still perfect last time I checked. Had an MRI done a while back...no gaping holes in my brain or anything like that...I guess I'm only smoking schwag or something, eh? :smirk:

"(But) marijuana today is a much more serious problem than the vast majority of Americans understand. If you told people that one in five of 12- to 17-year-olds who ever used marijuana in their lives need treatment, I don't think people would remotely understand it."

Yes...they wouldn't understand it. Probably because it isn't true. :lol:

They'll say things like "one in five teens who EVER smoked pot need treatment"...but what is their definition of "need treatment"? They didn't even try to say "seek treatment" or "get treatment"...so they can come up with any % of "teens who toked" they please and say they "need treatment".

According to the report, children and teenagers are three times more likely to be in treatment for marijuana abuse than for alcohol

Wow! This prohibition thing must really work! Obviously it's done such a wonderful job at cutting both supply and demand! On a side note: we will have to greatly increase our alcohol advertisement campaigns aimed at youth...obviously they aren't getting the right idea! :smirk:

According to the University of Mississippi's Marijuana Potency Project, average levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, rose steadily from 3.5 percent in 1988 to more than 7 percent in 2003.

Now THOSE are figures I like to hear! :wink:

While the research so far is inconclusive, Volkow believes that cannabinoids affect the developing brain and that stronger pot, combined with earlier use, could make children and teenagers anxious, unmotivated or perhaps even psychotic.

Geee...it couldn't have anything to do with the state of the world, could it? All these men in charge seem to be doing such a wonderful job at keeping us all safe and secure...what other reason than the devil weed would teens have to be anxious or unmotivated? Oh...wait...that's just your average teen :smirk:

"We shouldn't be victims of reefer madness," he said, referring to the 1930s propaganda film "Reefer Madness" that became a 1970s cult classic for its over-the-top scenes of marijuana turning teenagers into homicidal maniacs.

Thanks for reminding me of that wonderful comedy flick, Walters! I think I'll go watch it again while I smoke a bowl and turn myself into an anxiously unmotivated raving psychotid!  :cool:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2911161 - 07/21/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That's bull shit. Pot is safer than alchohol!
they said:
"Brain cells have receptors -- molecular doorways -- designed specifically to interact with these cannabinoids."

So at least they admit that we are made to smoke it!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: MAGnum]
    #2911168 - 07/21/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"They" probably realized how much of a pacification effect pot has on people. When you toke...you don't exactly want to run off to another country and get yourself killed for rich white men in the name of "freedom" :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: trendal]
    #2911187 - 07/21/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"We shouldn't be victims of reefer madness,"

so right there, he's trying to say that we should belive his story now, the way we should have belived the film when it came out? which obviously, is propaganda... see this is what i never understood, they give us propaganda films in the 50, only a few years later to find out it's bullshit, and the same things keep happening... and they still expect us to belive them for what they say in the current... "what we said in the past was total bullshit, but listen up, we've got some news for you..... "

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
    #2911197 - 07/21/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:

According to the University of Mississippi's Marijuana Potency Project, average levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, rose steadily from 3.5 percent in 1988 to more than 7 percent in 2003.

Now THOSE are figures I like to hear! :wink:

I wanna work as an official tester on the University of Mississippi's Marijuana Potency Project...

kind of like being a judge at the cannabis cup or somthing...

:grin:

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

OfflineParisHilton
Stranger
    #2911209 - 07/21/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

God..you guys obviously are just turning a blind eye to the facts.The simple fact of the matter is that Marijuana is the absolute most dangerous threat to national security. From what Ive heard there is a large garden in the Middle East harboring Bongs of Mass Destruction ready to unleash their fumes of vaporized moronacy across the country any day now. This is intelligence Ive gathered through Donald Rumsfeld himself..so it has to be true..

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ParisHilton]
    #2911218 - 07/21/04 02:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Phychotron]
    #2911225 - 07/21/04 02:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so right there, he's trying to say that we should belive his story now, the way we should have believed the film when it came out? which obviously, is propaganda... see this is what i never understood, they give us propaganda films in the 50, only a few years later to find out it's bullshit, and the same things keep happening... and they still expect us to belive them for what they say in the current... "what we said in the past was total bullshit, but listen up, we've got some news for you..... "

Something has always "bothered" me on an intuitive level when I look at the concept of continued drug prohibition. Do these people in charge really believe the distortions and outright lies they try to feed the general public?

The Canadian Senate did a study on marijuana prohibition just under two years ago and found that the best option for society would be to completely legalize marijuana and control it in the same fashion as alcohol is now. Here's a link to the summary of the report (it's 55 pages...the report itself is over 400). My point is to show that those-in-power do know that the prohibition of marijuana causes far more harm than good.

So if they know the truth...why do they continue to spread the lies?.

The only logical explanation I can come to is that they have some other agenda: some other reason why "we" (the general public) should not be allowed to have/use drugs. My first thought is that drugs produce a rebellious thought process...but I think that this is most likely entirely produced as a result of drugs being illegal in the first place. My second thought is that drugs (at least psychedelics) tend to produce a more free-thought oriented mind set...something that would be directly opposed to an organized effort to "keep us under control". My third, and most wild, thought is that psychedelics may actually facilitate an "awakening" process in many users and that this awakening stands to display the hippocracy of our society and government in plain view.

Another glaringly obvious reason for "them" to keep drugs as a whole illegal is the massive financial gains created by "the drug war"...this is money that funnels itself to so many different parts of our society which would not exist without drug prohibition. The CIA gets money for covert ops through drug-running around the world and even inside the USA. An entire industrial complex has grown around the domestic drug war, as well as thousands upon thousands of individuals under employment for the sole purpose of enforcing drug laws. There is a lot of money being made at our expense.

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2911248 - 07/21/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Another glaringly obvious reason for "them" to keep drugs as a whole illegal is the massive financial gains created by "the drug war"...this is money that funnels itself to so many different parts of our society which would not exist without drug prohibition. The CIA gets money for covert ops through drug-running around the world and even inside the USA. An entire industrial complex has grown around the domestic drug war, as well as thousands upon thousands of individuals under employment for the sole purpose of enforcing drug laws. There is a lot of money being made at our expense.

Prison is a big business :thumbdown:
They release reports like the one above with no fact as a basis, just quotes from those with interests in keeping it illegal, marginal (and often flawed) scientific data, and a stern warning.  It's painful to even argue with people who have been brought up to believe that pot is a drug because it's become so ingrained in them they have no free thought left.
The senate report was probably the most in depth research ever put into in Canada.  And we ignored it.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: blink]
    #2911288 - 07/21/04 03:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

all drugs can be good, just dont abuse them...it is natural, it is the MAN made ones like alcohol and tobacco that are killing everyone..I know for a fact I am going to eventually die because of tobacco...I know why other races hate us white ppl, it makes sence!!

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: MAGnum]
    #2911294 - 07/21/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
That's bull shit. Pot is safer than alchohol!
they said:
"Brain cells have receptors -- molecular doorways -- designed specifically to interact with these cannabinoids."

So at least they admit that we are made to smoke it!

Dont we have receptors that react to opium.. :P

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ParisHilton]
    #2911477 - 07/21/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"God..you guys obviously are just turning a blind eye to the facts.The simple fact of the matter is that Marijuana is the absolute most dangerous threat to national security. From what Ive heard there is a large garden in the Middle East harboring Bongs of Mass Destruction ready to unleash their fumes of vaporized moronacy across the country any day now. This is intelligence Ive gathered through Donald Rumsfeld himself..so it has to be true.. "

I hope this is sarcasm.  :shocked:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2911579 - 07/21/04 08:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just happened to be smoking a J when i read that article. Made me laugh :laugh:

I just have a hard time believing a lot of what our government says about drugs after all the bullshit i've heard it make up. Damn laws, pot's the best. :mushroom2:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2911590 - 07/21/04 08:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know sarcasm is a little hard to catch over the net but come on...

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2911600 - 07/21/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The number of children and teenagers in treatment for marijuana dependence and abuse has jumped 142 percent since 1992, the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University reported in April.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I wonder how many of those kids voluntarily sought treatment? 

conning hysterical parents into paying for unnecessary rehab is big business, too :nonono:

and in most states, minors under the age of 18 have no right to refuse medical treatment that their legal guardians deem necessary. 

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Adom]
    #2911649 - 07/21/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"I know sarcasm is a little hard to catch over the net but come on..."

is it now?  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2911657 - 07/21/04 08:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:tongue2:

A bit, I'm a little to sarcastic and I've been flamed hard core for mis understandings  :lol:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Pot a greater threat than cocaine and heroin!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Adom]
    #2911756 - 07/21/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

btw, happy b-day :smile: :grin:

now die!!!!

:fork:

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2911795 - 07/21/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:3stooges:

:ass:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds