Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea.
    #2891154 - 07/14/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i was sitting and thinking about all the air tight food holder type things that i have sitting, and i thought of this.

i have this rubbermade left-over holder thing. it has 2 compartments and a lid. i was thinking fill one of the compartments with Dessident and fill the other with something you might need to dry, and the thing that needs to get dry will dry out. i have some pics of it, but i need to get em uploaded. give me a few and ill have em up.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea. [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2891236 - 07/14/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here they are

i took these pics to show my friend who is growing shrooms...

www.cox-internet.com/awilson/dryer1.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/awilson/dryer2.jpg

what you think about that? think that will work?

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #2891328 - 07/14/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It seems like it would work, but wouldn't the water pool under the dried objects? Wouldn't you need some kind of drainage?

I want to know if this would work. I am going to be drying some telephones soon and this seems like a good phone drying technique.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2891493 - 07/14/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Try it out and let us know how it works.
Iwould fan dry 1st.

Peace

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea. [Re: KaptKid]
    #2891981 - 07/15/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

im sure this will dry telephones perfectly. i love a good dried telephone.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2892083 - 07/15/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

An uneconomical mess. You'll need ALOT of dessicant and you'll have to replace it often. Stick with drying and then dessicant. If fan drying is completely out of the question look up Moe's Lazy Drying Tek or something like that.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
    #2892130 - 07/15/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dried some telephones last weekend, but I was using a different method. Don't know what I'm supposed to do with them now though? :frown:

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea. [Re: sic8]
    #2894283 - 07/15/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

of course my friend is planning on fan drying the shrooms first. hes stupid, but not COMPLETELY stupid. also sixcee, how is it gonna be a mess and need allot of dessicant? MF gonna assume your assuming that MF not gonna fan dry first, and if thats the case i understand, but if that NOT the case, then please explain. also, if there would be a problem with water pooling, MF could raise them somehow couldnt he? anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work better, or any other problems MF might have with it.

--------------------

Edited by PaintedDeath (07/15/04 05:47 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #2894466 - 07/15/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i dont care what anyone says the best and easiest way to dry a telephone is to put it in front of a box fan for 24 hours, then put it in a paper bag, then put it in the crisper compartment of the refridgerator, they will be 100% cracker dry in another 24 hours, cause its dry in the fridge.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2894479 - 07/15/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

wont work for MF, no crisper compartment, and it would jeopardize the stealthy work of his. i think this will work fine, just need to get someone to answer the water pooling dillema(sp?).

--------------------

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
    #2894598 - 07/15/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

aight i think i got an idea.

i read the MMGG thing, and it mentions water pooling at the bottom. so what im thinking is....

you know those little table looking things that come in the pizza box when you order a pizza? well MF works over at a pizzahut and im betting he could cut the legs on em down so that they fit into the container, put some kinda mesh or something over those, and the shrooms could sit on there. same thing for the dessident. use something to hold it up so it isnt sitting in water. what you guys think of that? i was also thinking, maybe MF could take the front covers off of CD cases, and use them since they are a bit raised. anyone else got any good ideas, or think that i shouldnt worry about this at all?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2894684 - 07/15/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

make everying verticle. on the top you have a telephone on screen, under that you have dessicant on clothe, everthing suspended in a air tight container so there is a gap between the phone, and the dessicant,and another gap tween the dess and the bottom of the container. but i dont feel like doing all the thinking.

i dont know the size of your phone, thats why i havnt given a container idea.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Dessident Drying. Think i got a great idea. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2894705 - 07/15/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

if you would read up above, you would see the container im talking about. read the above and then respond haha

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2894713 - 07/15/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

silly lil thing you i did read and i saw the container you want to use, that is why im saying trash the idea because better technology has came and gone.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag