Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
In depth coffie use
    #2884001 - 07/12/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have researched all I can on coffee use to aid fruiting, and I was hoping for perhaps some clarification on a few things.

For instance, would the results differ from a jar that was hydrated with coffee before colonization and cased; and a jar colonized like normal and cased, but the casing was hydrated with coffee?

Activated charcoal has been experimented with greatly, and a friend of mine reports bumper crops from his special casing of verm, coffee grounds, peat and activated charcoal. I myself haven't experimented with this, does anyone have an opinion they would like to offer?

Thanks for any feedback, it looks like I'll be staying here for a wile  :wink:

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejonneill
Hero
Re: In depth coffie use [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #2884409 - 07/12/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

...Activated charcoal?

OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
Re: In depth coffie use [Re: jonneill]
    #2884755 - 07/13/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, activated charcoal can make a agar dish fruit, it helps some exotic strains to fruit, and its generally a good thing to have.

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

Invisibletrade_om
An Old Omelette

Re: In depth coffie use [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #2885194 - 07/13/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I reccomend activated agar very much. My friend Mister Endo told me numerous times that all his cubensis strains have fruited on agar very quickly with the addition of activated agar. He also told me that he is now conducting an experiment with the huatala strain that fruited on agar. He did 2 bags of substrate, one was added with activated charcoal. Ill report his findings as soon as he emails me.
He also told me that very recently Penis Envy have showed numerous pins on a smal agar dish (with activated charcoal) only 1 week after mexi-cube and huatala strains showed pins and developed healthy looking fruits (remember that PE is a very poor fruiter).
With that in mind, you must remember that some species realy dont like activated charcoal. Tampanensis for example doesnt like it very much according to what I know, as well as woodlovers, though I assume that with these exotic species further research must be done to estimate tolerance for activated charcoal and what ratio would be good for raising yield...
Dont know shit about coffee though, thats RogerRabit's department... :smile:

--------------------
Trading omelettes is fun..... :P

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: In depth coffie use [Re: trade_om]
    #2888879 - 07/14/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

And I don't know shit about charcoal, but you have my attention. lol

I've used coffee grinds in casing material for a long time. It increases the chance of contamination, but also increases the pinset and yield. Don't forget the lime.

Using weak coffee to hydrate corn or rye(or any other spawn) is a good, proven tek. Coffee has tons of nutes that fungi love. I've even used brewed coffee to hydrate my compost/manure mixtures with excellent results.

How much charcoal are you adding to agar and casings? Is it the type you get at a pet store for fish aquariums?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate