Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSubmob
Freak of freaks

Loc: here
Re: Cubensis on Ryegrass seed?
    #285461 - 04/08/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I got the seed from a hardware store and they specificly said it didn't have any pesticide, but I didn't think to ask about fungicide. I think it's ok though because the tamps ate it up. So what would I want to do with it if I was using cube spores, colonize a jar and case it? Will it form a solid cake that could be put in the terrium? Has anyone used ryegrass seed for cubensis before? Any tips would be appreciated.

De Omnibus Dubitandum

--------------------
De Omnibus Dubitandum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
Re: Cubensis on Ryegrass seed? [Re: Submob]
    #289435 - 04/09/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Rye grass seed is desirable mainly for promoting scolera formation in P. Tamp's, but it doesn't hold moisture very well and clumps up much more than rye berries. You can use it to grow all sorts of PC's , but production tends to be low since the substrate can't hold much moisture. You can partially remedy this by doing a thicker casing and making sure to keep it good and moist till you're ready to set the pins. Personally , I wouldn't fool with it for PC's unless you just have a but load of it left over and can't easily locate rye.

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Cubensis on Ryegrass seed? [Re: Submob]
    #289444 - 04/09/01 10:31 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

ryegrass is one of the most simplest substrates you can use. shake 1 time daily and you will see the mycelia colonizing rapidly. once mycelia has colonized let it colonize for about three mose days you will see why when you case. faster pinning and better yield. if the mycelia starts out more before casing you have a better chance of the casing not getting contaminated and more yields.
much love.

B Leu B oxo

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

OfflineAbsentmindedgenius
Stranger
Re: Cubensis on Ryegrass seed? [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #23806769 - 11/06/16 02:14 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hey bud, can you explain to me to how to moisten my ryegrass seed properly. I tried it out and they ended up sprouting :frown:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract