Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
cutting them as they grow vs harvesting all at once
    #2844374 - 06/30/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have been just cutting these as I find them with their veils broken, since a majority of material I have read all says that is when they are most potent.

I sterilze a pair of scissors, cut them at the base of the stem, and have them drying on paper towels, with a fan blowing on them. There are only 2 I have cut, this is the third day since pins have come out.

I see so many of the grow logs have pictures of cased projects, with some mature, some new, some already very blackened, etc.

It is to my understanding (as a newbie, in all meanings of the word) that the best time is to get them when the cap is light, and the veils are either just about to break, or have just broken. Am I misinformed ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: cutting them as they grow vs harvesting all at once [Re: kotik]
    #2844377 - 06/30/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes the best time to pick them is when the veils are streched...

I say pick cause i wouldnt suggest cutting, if you cut them off your gonna leave a bit of fruit at the base and this will rot and contam..

Good Luck!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: cutting them as they grow vs harvesting all at once [Re: DieCommie]
    #2844384 - 06/30/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"I say pick cause i wouldnt suggest cutting, if you cut them off your gonna leave a bit of fruit at the base and this will rot and contam.."

yikes... should I dig out the bases now? There are 2 I cut about 6 hours ago. They have already turned blue, except for a little inner circle that's still white.

I just figured the others would grow around it, but if its a legit cause of contam, I will take it out.

InvisibleDieCommie

#2844403 - 06/30/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well i wouldnt "dig"...the bases of shrooms should pop off realtivly easily...they may pull a little mycilium with them...

I dont know if your doing casings or cakes, but i do casings....and my number one reason for contam is aborts and pins rotting.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: cutting them as they grow vs harvesting all at once [Re: DieCommie]
    #2844434 - 06/30/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

these are my very first pf tek cakes (although I am leaning towards casing, or mycobags...

but I will go pop them out then, the main reason I cut them is because I thought I read that somewhere, and I was afraid of messing with the myco's "mojo"

heh..

thanks

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2844919 - 06/30/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Basically, you should harvest shrooms like you'd pick ripe apples or something. Pull gently while twisting.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies