Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefujisawa
psychonauticalyogi

Loc: the crack between worlds
ayahusca
    #2840013 - 06/29/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I am thinking of trying ayahusca for the first time and I have a few questions. Im using a recipe on erowid but what do you guys think about fasting. Other for spiritual reasons how much will it help with the trip and nausea? My current plan is to fast the day of and the day before the trip.

--------------------
"To fathom hell or soar angelic try a pinch of psychedelic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSuperUnborn
Incubating
Loc: Michigan
Re: ayahusca [Re: fujisawa]
    #2840025 - 06/29/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Someone experienced told me don't fast all day, you'll be too weak. Eat a little something about 6 hours prior.

--------------------
Growing my own hammer and chisel.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2840149 - 06/29/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i've met a group of people that take shrooms together alot, and a couple of them had fasted for five days and were going to ingest the shrooms the day after i met them. they sold me some shrooms and told me that the effects would be stronger if i fasted two days prior to ingesting, and also not to eat any meat 3 to 4 days prior to ingesting.
I think it simply gives the trip something pure. Your whole body is concentrated on the digestion of the shrooms. Makes sense to me...

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2840237 - 06/29/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would definitely recommend fasting all day. I drank some water for breakfast both times I drank the brew, and ate nothing up until the next day.

Either way, if for some reason you do decide to eat, I'd make sure you have a good understanding of which foods NOT to eat the same day. For ex. anything that contains yeast/soy are definite no-no's.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: ayahusca [Re: ekomstop]
    #2840317 - 06/29/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How long should you wait after you take the MAOI before eating the tyramine foods?

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2840448 - 06/29/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you're using mimohuasca, my personal suggestion is somewhere between 12 and 15 g of Mimosa and 3 to 3.5g of Rue for your first shot.

Don't fast that long. Just refrain from eating from somewhere between four and eight hours before you take it. A full day and a half or so of fasting will drastically lower your blood-sugar levels and can make you depressed. (Of course, if you're used to fasting, ignore my statements. But if you're not, I'd really suggest not fasting. Besides, after four to eight hours, your stomach is empty, anyway.)

Fasting won't really help with the nausea -- but this isn't a bad thing. You're almost guaranteed to puke when you're doing ayahuasca. Just hold it in until after you start coming up, and when it starts getting annoying, go and puke. Let yourself puke up everything in your stomach. After that, the nausea goes away.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: ayahusca [Re: thepodman]
    #2840455 - 06/29/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thepodman said:
How long should you wait after you take the MAOI before eating the tyramine foods?

I think you want to wait until the next day -- give it 12 to 24 hours. There really aren't too many tyramine-heavy foods, anyway. I mean, most of us don't have to worry about eating spoiled meat, and it's not hard to avoid aged sausage.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: ayahusca [Re: thepodman]
    #2840475 - 06/29/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: ayahusca [Re: ekomstop]
    #2841504 - 06/29/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The second time I tried 'ayahuasca' (mimosa/syrian rue), I tripped extremely hard. It was probably the most intense trip of my life. This time I didn't make tea out of the rue, I just ate a teaspoon of ground up seeds. I was soaking, heating, filtering the mimosa a bunch of times and for a long time so I'm pretty sure I got a high yield of that. I drank the tea about 20-25 minutes after eating the seeds. I started feeling a very strong body buzz like 5-MeO-DMT after about 15 min after drinking the vinegar/mimosa tea. Another 10-15 minutes and it got very intense (visuals, body, mind/thoughts, everything). I puked, then tripped hard for hours, just lying down on the bed in (near) silence. After tripping hard for 6 hours or so I drank some milk (I figured it was not as bad as aged cheese). Even then I felt weak and couldn't even walk straight, I figured it was partly because I fasted (I took the stuff in the morning before eating anything that day).

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag