Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

shroom taste
    #2838320 - 06/29/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

man i used to not mind the tast but now even the smell of shrooms bothers me i dont know if its the new strain im using that is stronger or what. i wander what it would take to produce a desent tasteing shroom that will still kick your ass. o yeah and also i love caseing. i was doing PF but i just fruited my first caseing and i get way more from a cake caseing than i ever did doing PF

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehugo
tuna fish

Re: shroom taste [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2838355 - 06/29/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
man i used to not mind the tast but now even the smell of shrooms bothers me i dont know if its the new strain im using that is stronger or what. i wander what it would take to produce a desent tasteing shroom that will still kick your ass. o yeah and also i love caseing. i was doing PF but i just fruited my first caseing and i get way more from a cake caseing than i ever did doing PF

grats on your first caseing..

i dont know much on the topic but fresh or dry?

when i eat fresh shrooms i take the stem and cap and take 2 pieces of bread put lots of peanut butter on each piece of bread and lay out hte caps and stems on the bread and eat it.

i dunno but congrats on haveing a sucessful caseing . :thumbup:

OfflineWebLiZaRD
NatureLover
Loc: Smyrna
    #2838620 - 06/29/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

How is this idea?
i read that people growing mary puts some fresh orange juice to the soil just before 1 week from harvest. Plant gets orange juice inside and smells and tastes a little like orange. It is strange :=)
What about trying this to shrooms? For example when you see first pins and think to harvest in 2 or 3 days just put a little orange juice just bottom of pins and wait for the result.

The idea doesn't look right but idea is an idea, right? :=)

--------------------
"Come, come again, whoever you are, come!
Heathen, fire worshipper or idolatrous, come!
Come even if you broke your penitence a hundred times,
Ours is the portal of hope, come as you are."

Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi - Alternative spellings: Mawlana, or Mowlana, and Jalal Al-Din, or Jalaluddin
The great Anatolian philosopher, poet and the father of the Mevlevi sect.

OfflineRusty
The lonemushroomer

Loc: Texas
    #2838940 - 06/29/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd get an old syringe and when the shrooms are about mid stage I'd inject the stem with orange juice or honey and hope they absorb it.

--------------------
The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked up into a jet intake.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2839035 - 06/29/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't you just make a milkshake. Is just adding milk, some fruits (i personally like banana) and the mushrooms. Of course, if they are still fresh it would be better. You may actually freeze fresh mushrooms and make all this stuff without de freezing them.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinelostdope
fungi to partywith

#2839110 - 06/29/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I put fresh shrooms and a can of frozen orange juice concentrate in a blender with a little water and some ice for a tasty orange slurpee. Plus you get all that good vitamin C.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: shroom taste [Re: WebLiZaRD]
    #2839117 - 06/29/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WebLiZaRD said:
How is this idea?
i read that people growing mary puts some fresh orange juice to the soil just before 1 week from harvest. Plant gets orange juice inside and smells and tastes a little like orange. It is strange :=)
What about trying this to shrooms? For example when you see first pins and think to harvest in 2 or 3 days just put a little orange juice just bottom of pins and wait for the result.

The idea doesn't look right but idea is an idea, right? :=)

I think that would contaminate the casing so he couldn't grow more mushies from it....

If you want oj flavored shroomies, you could just soak the dry ones in oj.  sounds disgusting to me though, :lol:!

Lots of people like to make tea, or chocolates or peanut butter sandwiches like someone said above.  I also heard of someone putting the dry shrooms in a cup of noodles and eating them with the noodle soup.  Sounds like a good idea to me. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinerazzle
AmatureMycologist
 User Gallery

#2839293 - 06/29/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've always had a great time with honey, in the fact that affects kicked in about 15 min later. It might be fun to take dried shrooms, ground in a coffee grinder, weigh them out to your desired dosage and make granola bars w/ a normal granola recipe. Don't add the shrooms till the formation of the bar phase.

Hehehe, shroom bars.

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

Re: shroom taste [Re: MAIA]
    #2839571 - 06/29/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
Why don't you just make a milkshake. Is just adding milk, some fruits (i personally like banana) and the mushrooms. Of course, if they are still fresh it would be better. You may actually freeze fresh mushrooms and make all this stuff without de freezing them.

MAIA

mmmm now that sounds good thrw in a scoop of icecream =] :tongue:

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: shroom taste [Re: hugo]
    #2839580 - 06/29/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ranch dressing always did the trick for me, and I'm not talking about nice clean shrooms you made yourself...

im talking about putting ranch dressing on some caps picked fresh from cow patties, maggots and all... yum

also, try to saute the caps in a pan with onions, and put some balsalmic vinegar on them. They will taste great (I dont know about the potency though)

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

Re: shroom taste [Re: kotik]
    #2839588 - 06/29/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
ranch dressing always did the trick for me, and I'm not talking about nice clean shrooms you made yourself...

im talking about putting ranch dressing on some caps picked fresh from cow patties, maggots and all... yum

also, try to saute the caps in a pan with onions, and put some balsalmic vinegar on them.  They will taste great (I dont know about the potency though)

that sounds complicated  :mad:

but sauted maggets are tastey =]

OfflineWebLiZaRD
NatureLover
Loc: Smyrna
    #2839920 - 06/29/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I tried once fresh shrooms with orange juice. Just cut the shrooms into little pieces and put them in fresh home-made orange juice. Drink immidiately and didn't get any bad taste. In my opinion we (or at least i) must eat shrooms in traditional way. Even it is bad or not. People eat them in traditional way for more than 4000 years. I bet they know something and just chew them for a long time and then eat them.

i read in another post, a friend told that if you give enough respect and love to shrooms they won't taste bad. I know it is just a personal decide. Everyone must try on his/her own way. But it musn't too bad to try once in a lifetime. :=)

I read a book about shamans. It is Michael Harner's The way of Shaman book. It says if you suffer then the souls will show mercy on you. The more you suffer before drinking ayahusca, the more they will show mercy on you.

I think to chew shrooms will bring better trips. But it is just my spiritual thoughts.

--------------------
"Come, come again, whoever you are, come!
Heathen, fire worshipper or idolatrous, come!
Come even if you broke your penitence a hundred times,
Ours is the portal of hope, come as you are."

Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi - Alternative spellings: Mawlana, or Mowlana, and Jalal Al-Din, or Jalaluddin
The great Anatolian philosopher, poet and the father of the Mevlevi sect.

Offlinesublimesubmind
enthusiast
Re: shroom taste [Re: WebLiZaRD]
    #2840577 - 06/29/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

way of ingestion does nothing for my mentality, if im trippin its all good wether i ate them straight or shoved them up my ass

Edited by sublimesubmind (06/29/04 04:10 PM)

OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Re: shroom taste [Re: sublimesubmind]
    #2840617 - 06/29/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hahaha that's pretty nice. let's all try anal injection, that certainly can't taste bad.

Offlinesublimesubmind
enthusiast
Re: shroom taste [Re: Trique]
    #2840632 - 06/29/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

its supposed to work wonders for ex pills....

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

Re: shroom taste [Re: sublimesubmind]
    #2840744 - 06/29/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my first and only time ive tried them i had bullet caps i have no clue what they were but my buddys brother had lived on this farm all his life and knew which ones were good, any how i had 5 small ones and i rolled them into a ball and munched once then swallowed i had jack daniels cocktails with it to chase it didnt even bother me i drank 6 of them suckers. my friend puked trying to do what i did. i didnt. i felt sick for a minute then it went away. the feeling came quick and was the best trip in my life. it didnt taste that bad either. heres the key...
i would never eat mushrooms even at restaurants i hated them untill i ate these. now i eat them all the time ( edible versions) in fact i had some today at chinese today.

they were fresh thou. ive never had big ones thou

to this day i still have no clue of what those mushrooms were.
they were in middle georgia grew on cow poo. they were shaped like bullets hence the name bullet caps

if any one can tell me what they might have been it would be greatly appreaciated. but yeah roll them into a ball. also

theres a drink they made after words i wasnt there but its popular its called shroom aid!

they blend it then make kool aid or sumfin you might want to try that. they mix it all together and let it sit to soak up. its like a frozen margarita ( the texture being thick) but its fast to drink and i heard its good

Offlinecsuidae
    #2841384 - 06/29/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'll tell you how not to eat them. Never, never freeze the fresh fruits, then put them whole into a peanut butter sandwich. They turn into slimy, slug-like, fiberous unchewable masses that will only go about half-way down your throat when you try to swallow them. Then the peanut butter gums up your mouth so you can't swallow again quickly and you end up with this 4 inch long sluggy slimy thing laying down the back of your tongue half gagging you while you franticly scrabble for the milk to wash it down.

I recommend tea when you are staying in, or 000 sized gelcaps with powdered mushroom in them if you are going out.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2842012 - 06/29/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for all the good rplys. i was refering to dry, my first 2 trips were from fresh fruit i had grown and ive never tried dry. im gonna try dry the next time , i think itll cut down on the amount of material i have to eat and probabley help me not have such a strong gag reflex. my first time doseing i ate a ton of smaller fruits and it didnt bother me at all but my secound time was larger fruits and i couldnt help but gag for some reson. now im growing taz and for some reson they seem to have more of a mushie smell to them, it also could be because im casing, but the smell almost makes me gag. i might try dipping the dried fruits in chocolate

Offlinep1554nt
Stranger
Loc: 954
    #2842033 - 06/29/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

eat them dry. even more so if thet are dried out.
you can't tast anything unless there is moisture.
it's an old medicine trick

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: shroom taste [Re: p1554nt]
    #2842085 - 06/30/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the advise but i have reson to dought im not going to taste anything

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag