Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
The LSD Shortage...
    #2825958 - 06/24/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Perhaps the lack of LSD has significance. Perhaps the Great Spirit, God, Creator, Tao, Reality, etc. has created this dynamic in chaos to place greater importance on the cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms. The psychedelic movement of the 60s was primarily focused on LSD and went bust... could the LSD shortage of today be a divine strategy to push the flow of the stream in a particular direction (i.e., entheogens)?

-ergot :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: ergot]
    #2826009 - 06/24/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Due to it's legal status LSD is a dead end. Only a fool wants to face felony charges due to possessing one hit of it. The spiritualism it engendered in the 60s was mostly false and self aggrandizing. The 60s was an era full of self important hypocrites on both sides of the political spectrum from the hippies to the republicans. The 60s was also a watershed decade for political and religious reform but LSD was painted the villain. It is usually put in the line up with crack and heroin with most people. Shrooms and other organic entheogens are not as prone to commercialization and have long histories of use in primitive cultures while being much more friendly. Their possesion is also usually a misdemeanor or legal and not completely frowned upon by "normal"(forgive me for using this term here but I couldn't find a better one on short notice(what is normal really?))people.

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2826026 - 06/24/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, but if it was meant to be, as some people say... LSD would still be thriving and the catalyst for a new era in spirituality...

--------------------

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #2826153 - 06/24/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I whole heartedly agree with you. But i do believe that LSD will be back, it will just take time.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2826467 - 06/25/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's just a down turn in the cycle, I wouldn't read that much into it :P

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2826544 - 06/25/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Damn dude, thats an interesting thought.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2826730 - 06/25/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ergot said:
Perhaps the lack of LSD has significance. Perhaps the Great Spirit, God, Creator, Tao, Reality, etc. has created this dynamic in chaos to place greater importance on the cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms. The psychedelic movement of the 60s was primarily focused on LSD and went bust... could the LSD shortage of today be a divine strategy to push the flow of the stream in a particular direction (i.e., entheogens)?

YES! errr...no.

what is the spiritual significance of the pack of anti-histamines crumpled up in my back pocket?

I hope that answers your qeeeuuuestion.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineAnonymous
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Positronius]
    #2826758 - 06/25/04 02:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that doesnt make sense

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Anonymous]
    #2827071 - 06/25/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah no comparison between anti histamines and psychadelics,
or at least id like to see your explanation of that, besides their both chemicals.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2827085 - 06/25/04 06:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Since they are preeminently personal, and Holy, I will not describe them in a public forum - but I will say that the Experiences that I had on high doses of LSD have never been approached with Psilocybin. This is why Leary and Alpert changed from Psilocybin to LSD after Michael Hollingshead turned them on to his mayonnaise jar with acid-laced sugar. After cutting one's teeth on late 60's, early 70's LSD, I have to say that there really is a world of difference. I grew up within visual range of Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, and made deliveries there often. Unlike my college roommate, I never had any of their little blue acid tabs, but I did take Sandoz Psilocybin a few times and so I have a basis for comparison. No disrespect to the Sacred Mushrooms here! but, to use a Biblical analogy: the Mushrooms have taken me to the veil that separates the Temple's inner sanctum from the Holy of Holies. Acid took me inside the Holy of Holies. One need not however, 'go in unto the LORD,' so-to-speak, more than once in a lifetime to get the Message. All subsequent trips have been 'reminders,' in my experience. If LSD vanishes it is at least more retrievable than the lost Ark of the Covenant upon which the Indwelling Presence of GOD rent space-time to appear.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2827250 - 06/25/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Only a fool wants to face felony charges due to possessing one hit of it. The
Exactly. You might as well have 100,000 hits. :smile:

The spiritualism it engendered in the 60s was mostly false and self aggrandizing.
The 60s was an era full of self important hypocrites on both sides of the political spectrum from the hippies to the republicans.

You mean unlike the current level of "true" spiritualism and enlightened fungus eaters? The climate is merely more underground today than in the peak years.

Shrooms and other organic entheogens are not as prone to commercialization and have long histories of use in primitive cultures while being much more friendly.
(Huh? $350 an oz for mj sure seems like heavy commercialization.) What does commercialization have to do with the sacrament and the devotee? If one pays $100 an eighth or received them free, the trip will be the same. More friendly? I have seen more people freak off of mushrooms than LSD.

Their possesion is also usually a misdemeanor or legal
In the USA, cultivation of "shrooms" is a major felony.

Is this going to turn into another tired and meaningless (but fun!) synthetic vs. organic debate? OK, you eat some datura and I wll eat some 2C-I, then we will compare experiences.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2827258 - 06/25/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There is no shortage there is plenty of it enough to last a long time.its just not being distributed.wich in turn could be a shortage but it is there :confused:

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Positronius]
    #2827345 - 06/25/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
Quote:

ergot said:

YES! errr...no.

what is the spiritual significance of the pack of anti-histamines crumpled up in my back pocket?

I hope that answers your qeeeuuuestion.

It doesn't.

Firsly, LSD was the supposed answer to the spiritual crisis of the consumerist culture and created an entire decade of counterculture movements. Your anti-histamines have never compelled such a feat.

Secondly, I view everything as significant... so, yes, I believe those anti-histamines in your back pocket will alter the dynamic of the rest of your entire life...

--------------------

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2827348 - 06/25/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Since they are preeminently personal, and Holy, I will not describe them in a public forum - but I will say that the Experiences that I had on high doses of LSD have never been approached with Psilocybin. This is why Leary and Alpert changed from Psilocybin to LSD after Michael Hollingshead turned them on to his mayonnaise jar with acid-laced sugar. After cutting one's teeth on late 60's, early 70's LSD, I have to say that there really is a world of difference. I grew up within visual range of Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, and made deliveries there often. Unlike my college roommate, I never had any of their little blue acid tabs, but I did take Sandoz Psilocybin a few times and so I have a basis for comparison. No disrespect to the Sacred Mushrooms here! but, to use a Biblical analogy: the Mushrooms have taken me to the veil that separates the Temple's inner sanctum from the Holy of Holies. Acid took me inside the Holy of Holies. One need not however, 'go in unto the LORD,' so-to-speak, more than once in a lifetime to get the Message. All subsequent trips have been 'reminders,' in my experience. If LSD vanishes it is at least more retrievable than the lost Ark of the Covenant upon which the Indwelling Presence of GOD rent space-time to appear.

You've never eaten an ounce of 'shrooms... :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: The LSD Shortage... *DELETED* [Re: ergot]
    #2827643 - 06/25/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by supermarket

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2828166 - 06/25/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No, but I've vomited repeatedly on a High dose of LSD taken intranasally - when existence began to hum and glow electric-blue like Cerenkov radiation around a submersed fission reactor, culminating in an overload to my nervous system. I've only once become ill on raw mushrooms (but that was an emotional response to something my wicked ex-wife did during the peak), but an oz. reminds me of an old article that Andrew Weil, M.D. wrote for 'High Times' entitled: 'Throwing Up in Mexico.' Care to relate what happened to you on an oz.?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineFULC
Mr

Loc: North Lincolnshire (Engla...
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2828197 - 06/25/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I hope the lsd shortage has no depth of meaning other than my dealer aint got none this week (or last week,,,,,,or the week before if i recall)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: FULC]
    #2828238 - 06/25/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's because of the loss of the Grateful Dead. The "Dead" unfortunately have 1/10 the following the Grateful Dead with Jerry Garcia had.

Also, people at the Dead tours seem to be scared now. When the Grateful Dead was around people didn't give a fuck. They were lighting joints in front of cops and shit.

Now they seem as paranoid as everyone else.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineFULC
Mr

Loc: North Lincolnshire (Engla...
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2828255 - 06/25/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

intresting theory lol

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Swami]
    #2828375 - 06/25/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"You mean unlike the current level of "true" spiritualism and enlightened fungus eaters? The climate is merely more underground today than in the peak years."

I admit you have a point. It seems to me that most of the mysticism (not all), even on this forum, is just an excuse to be stoned, but I feel that taking a spiritual approach to entheogens promotes a healthy attitude to them and minimizes the party attitude, which can be dangerous, associated with many drugs and alcohol. In the 60s this was rampant to the point of extreme excess. I guess the more low key attitude is best, though.

"(Huh? $350 an oz for mj sure seems like heavy commercialization.) What does commercialization have to do with the sacrament and the devotee?"

Mushrooms have a small cut of the black market while San Pedro, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, and Ayahuasca have almost none. My choice of words was bad. By commercialization I meant "drug dealing". At this time in my life I see drug dealers as promoting evil. The money is often used for the exploitation and degradation of people and the lifestyle it promotes is hopeless despair. I will no longer associate with such people in order to get a substance. Our nation could correct this by revising our drug laws, but at this time it has not happened. Drug dealing also focuses negative attention on the subject of entheogens. San Pedro and Salvia are still legal to posess because enough people haven't made asses of themselves with it.

"In the USA, cultivation of "shrooms" is a major felony."

I said "possesion".

"Is this going to turn into another tired and meaningless (but fun!) synthetic vs. organic debate?"

Not with me. I see both as equal. All substances are "natural" as they were created at our planet's creation. MarkostheGnostic asserted that only LSD is capable of intense hallucinogenic experiences. When I was 21 I took 12 doses of some moderately decent (about 150mcg per) acid and I experienced near to the maximum effect that can be practically acheived. After about 1000mcg you need to take 500mcg more to notice a difference so it becomes a case of diminishing returns. I have equaled this experience several times with natural psychedelics...particularly with Ayahuasca though the shits I got were pretty bad. I have found that people who are interested in natural entheogens are somewhat more educated about the subject than the normal acid user, but that is just my experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order