Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLindt
Stranger
Transferring from Psilos to Edibles
    #2825075 - 06/24/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

afoaf has been growing psilos with the SBP tek over the past year but over the summer he will be living with people where it isn't appropriate to grow those for a few months. Is it feasible to use the same materials he has for psilos (PC, syringes, jars, popcorn, vermiculite, coco coir, SBP, PMP and incubator) to just switch over to edibles instead? since this will only be a temporary thing, he doesn't really want to get into karo, agar and that more complicated stuff that requires additional equipment like flowhoods and stuff. So will this switch be relatively easy or is it apples and oranges? Sorry if this is a bit of an edibles noob question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Transferring from Psilos to Edibles [Re: Lindt]
    #2825287 - 06/24/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Unlike psilos, edibles are started from live culture instead of spores. You can buy mycelium syringes from sporeworks. You can inoculate popcorn or anyother grain with the syringes. Most edibles will not fruit well off grain alone, so you'll need to spawn your grain into a bulk substrate. You can fruit portobellos (Agaricus Brunnescens) off cased grain, but you need a biologically active casing layer. This means you need a peat moss based casing layer that is pasteurized, not sterilized. However, I recommend starting with something easier than portobellos, like one of the oyster species.

OfflineLindt
Stranger
Re: Transferring from Psilos to Edibles [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2832304 - 06/27/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So would store-bought steer manure work as a bulk substrate for edibles (I guess oysters are the most feasible rather than portabellas or shitakes)? I'm not quite sure where to get straw (i'm in the middle of the city) but i do have most of a bag of poo. So I could just innoculate some grains with mycellium from sporeworks, do G2G transfers and spawn into SBP inside my PMP. Would that work guys?

Thanks very much for the help

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Transferring from Psilos to Edibles [Re: Lindt]
    #2833482 - 06/27/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds