Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
I think my friend stole my batteries
    #2825001 - 06/24/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This friend of mine is an awesome friend of mine. He stays at my house for usually 2 or 3 days of the week, because he lives out of town and doesn't like his parents too much. Now he stays here, eats my food, smokes my bud, all this, and i know that if i am good to him that it will come back to me in a future time. I don't ask anything in return. My mom even bought him a graduation gift when he graduated, because he spent so much time over at my house then.

Now, i go to write an quiz for a class i'm taking over the summer (today) and there are no batteries in my graphing calculator. I know i put fresh ones in last sunday, and he and I have been the only ones at my house. I asked him and he denied it, but i really don't know what i should do.

I'm confident that he stole them from me and I'm extremely against stealing. It enrages me more than anything else. The thing that bugs me is that he took batteries, i always have cash lying around and bud and stuff, but the thing that i notice he took was my batteries.

Maybe i'm going quite insane, and in a fit of madness i threw the batteries out or something.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
Re: I think my friend stole my batteries [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2825107 - 06/24/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

he wanted to lick them and get high.

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2825816 - 06/24/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mabey the batteries arent the real isue. Mabey you have some issues with bieng used by this guy.
do you resent the fact that your hooking him up with so much, and he's not giving back as much?

he might have barrowed the batteries, and then when you asked him, lied on the spur of the moment. not intentionaly stealing them, just got caught up in his lie, and wouldn't feel comfortable coming forward with them.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2826888 - 06/25/04 05:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Some people take things like that. Just be careful what you tempt him with or get him out of your life.

'Tempt not lest ye be lifted from.'

OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

#2827070 - 06/25/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like paranoia

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #2828063 - 06/25/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldnt sweat some batteries dood. I know its the principle, and all that. If he steals batteries, maybe he will steal something else... but its not always that case.

Sometimes people need batteries man, and when they already drained the ones from the remote control, you go looking! Stealing calculator batteries isnt bad, if i were him I would think that since i used batteries, I could take all your money. But i sure as hell think if you asked me, I might quickly deny it out of habit or instinct, then even if I thought it over, and relized it was stupid, I wouldnt want to fess up because that would make me a liar.

Or maybe hes using you. fuck if i know

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibleshriek

#2829907 - 06/26/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

and maybe he is innocent, personally i couldnt care less if someone took batteries, its a trivial thing to steal and its nothing to loose, i compare it with taking a cigarette without asking and its annoying when people take a cig ig the pack is on the table and ask for every time, because its just a cig. maybe someone else took it, maybe you have forgot something, what i do know is its just some batteries so i would be damn sure before i made some drama over it

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: I think my friend stole my batteries [Re: shriek]
    #2830627 - 06/26/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I bet you anything when you leave him alone with your bud he pinches

--------------------
]

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2832387 - 06/27/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well, you state that you give him things without asking for return hoping that karma will help you in the future, but it is clear by this situation that you are unhappy with giving without receiving.

I'm going to be in this situation; my to-be roommate is a huge moocher, but I plan on laying down the hammer! Food is expensive. Maybe you should do the same. If he eats your food that you paid for, then he should help pay the bill. You're not his parents, so you don't need to feed him. There's a fine line between generosity and stupidity.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisibleshriek

#2832805 - 06/27/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

evilnick said:
Now he stays here, eats my food, smokes my bud, all this, and i know that if i am good to him that it will come back to me in a future time. I don't ask anything in return.

why not? instead you are going in silence and gets irritated, build up frustration and so on? what is the bloody point in that?

yes, i know about people who always recive but never give back, but _your mistake_ is to not point that out and allow it. and bang one day you are gonna take out all that frustration over some batteries or something at once. instead you could have at least TRIED to build up some kind of understanding. i might read this situation wrong tho, speak up your oppinion and get over with it, amazing friends understands.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2832844 - 06/27/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would talk to him about it. If he's not just there to use you he'll understand. I dunno if you should really accuse him of it though if you can't prove it. I suggest boobytrappery.

--------------------
]

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: I think my friend stole my batteries [Re: Wysefool]
    #2832880 - 06/27/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Opportunity makes the theif.

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: I think my friend stole my batteries [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2832900 - 06/27/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I can't say I've never stolen but I've never stolen from a friend except like a bowl of pot when they have alot.

If he doesn't apologize honestly when you find out he's not your friend - like I mean he needs to have a damn good reason.

--------------------
]

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2833193 - 06/27/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
Quote:

evilnick said:
Now he stays here, eats my food, smokes my bud, all this, and i know that if i am good to him that it will come back to me in a future time. I don't ask anything in return.

why not? instead you are going in silence and gets irritated, build up frustration and so on? what is the bloody point in that?

yes, i know about people who always recive but never give back, but _your mistake_ is to not point that out and allow it. and bang one day you are gonna take out all that frustration over some batteries or something at once. instead you could have at least TRIED to build up some kind of understanding. i might read this situation wrong tho, speak up your oppinion and get over with it, amazing friends understands.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2837159 - 06/28/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You should get it off your chest. He knows you would of given them to him if he had asked. Sounds like he is very ungrateful

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom