Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~
    #2824893 - 06/24/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2825072 - 06/24/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thats cool. I guess it goes to show ya that anything can happen!

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #2825354 - 06/24/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wonder what the climate conditions were when they fruited...

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2825678 - 06/24/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That post is full of shit that you can smell it a mile away. Check his spelling of every word including the countries and strains he is talking about.

Those were cultivated, not from horse shit at all.

Cubes do not grow in horse shit as such.

He is a lyer and I will post to his post and tell him so.

The fact that someone would believe this shit.

Mushrooms from Florida and Texas that look like Cambodians [or as he spelled it cambodains).

Lets review his text first. I will put in brackets each mis-spelled word. This is a kid bullshitting everyone. No one makes that many spelling mistakes. Notice I said mistakes, not typos.

From the mycotopia page in the grow log and pictures forum:

Quote:

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:50 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well i went camping and on the way saw a horse field and asked the ownner [owner] if i could look around the guy was like 60 and he said ya ,but you gotta split the hulicanaginic [hallucinogenic] ones with me. i about shit [wet your pants, did ya?]. this old man took me to where he said that he had been seeing them pop up .aperanntly [apparently] he got some horses a couple of months back. from texas . but here was my cut there cambo for sure already cheacked [checked] the spores under the scope . they look like blue meanies [blue meanies are Copelandia mushrooms, not cubensis, mj note] blued like a sum bitch.

He says he checked the spores under a microscope and said they looked like blue meanies.

Copelandia spores are ellipsoid and Psilocybe cubensis spores are lemon shaped. This kid does not have an inkling of what he is talking about. And spores do not blue like a 'sum bitch.'

Now if anyone cannot see this kid's bs, well then someone has a serious problem.

Now he was asked by another poster about spores.

Here is his second reply. And again I will respond to some of his thoughts in brackets.

Quote:

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:10 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i printed them and already ahead of ya. the horses where in texas and florida [in his above post he said they came from Texas] so who knows where the spore could have came from . they look like a cross betwwen [between] texans and cambodains [Cambodians]. dont think i could call them ak's [What the hell is an ak's?, mj note] yet .
SeVeN

Obviously SeVeN is full of shit.

Horses from Florida to Texas and then to Alaska. I sincerely doubt that.

In his next post below the above he said:

Quote:

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:11 pm:

on a another note this is the first time that cubbies [cubies] have been positivly [positively] identifeid [identified] in alaska .
SeVeN

Again, those are cultivated shrooms. Not from Horses from Texas or Alaska.

And I can name about 30 mycologists who would agree with me on that matter, including Paul Stamets. The only cubes in Alaska are ones grown indoors.

mj

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2825734 - 06/24/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:

Now if anyone cannot see this kid's bs, well then someone has a serious problem.

mj

I must have a serious problem, then again I haven't spent my whole life identifying mushrooms and study mucology.

Anyway, you think that scienario is totally impossible?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #2825888 - 06/24/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

mj said:

Quote:

He says he checked the spores under a microscope and said they looked like blue meanies.

Copelandia spores are ellipsoid and black and Psilocybe cubensis spores are lemon shaped and choclate brown to dark purple to chocolate brown. This kid does not have an inkling of what he is talking about. And spores do not blue like a 'sum bitch.'

And I doubt that he has ever seen spores of Copelandia. IF they looked like blue meanie spores than then the shrooms would not be P. cubensis.

I wanted to post some SEM of both here but my pictures have an x in them of the SEMs I posted here and there are many but they will not open up to me.

No wild cubies grow like those in his images..
. Mjshroomer

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2826002 - 06/24/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well I posted a warnig about this at Mycotopia and Hippie3 closed my post and moved it somewhere to a dump or who knows where he put it.

He said i was flaming and had no proof the kid lied so he closed the thread. I think this is the first time he has done this to me.

Here is my post from Mycotopia and of Hippie3's response to my post and his reason for removing it.

I still say the kid is lying.

XXXXXXXXXXXxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mjshromer:
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:57 am:

I am bringing to all of your attention a bullshit post in the Photo Gallery and Grow Log Pictures Forum by someone named SeVen regarding wild Alaskan cubensis growing from manure of horses brought to Alaska about two months before from Texas and/or Florida and look like Cambos.

This kid is full of it and I have posted relevant info to verify my claims of his dishonesty to all here,.

The post is on page:

http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/7747/1463 88.html?1088117964

Please let all know about this ficticious and untrue post.

Those are cultivated shrooms. Look at the bottoms of them. No straw attachments, cut and shaved stem bases.

I can show what shit shrooms look like at the base of them and have in many posts here of Thai and Cambodian wild cubes.

mj
Have a Shroomy Day
http://www.mushroomjohn.com

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 21801
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 04:07 am:
mj,
i'm sorry
but you're out of line.
unless you have PROOF that he's lying,
which isn't possible since you aren't there,
please refrain from flaming anyone here,
even if you think they are wrong.
the truth will come out,
there's no need to call names and stir shit.

Namaste

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So I was censored from my opinion.

mj

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2826567 - 06/25/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks to mj for trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

spores bruising blue???

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2826674 - 06/25/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well Hippie3 turned into an asshole today and removed my above postings from his site, of which he has the right to do.

And then threatened to ban me if I rewrote what he removed.

Here are two more responses from Hippie3 and Solivent;
Quote:

Solly the Printman (Soliver)
Username: Soliver

Post Number: 1006

Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 04:13 am:

What? A lie perpetrated online?
Unheard of!

Lol - imagine, MJ dogging sumone for spelng shit rong onlin!

Keep up the good work MJ -
without your vigilance, the internet just
wouldn't be safe anymore.

sol

(Message edited by soliver on June 25, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 21802

Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 04:26 am:

mj,
if i edit out material.
i expect it to stay gone.
if you repost it,
i will delete it again.
if you persist,
i will suspend your posting priviledges
until you agree to desist.
we just don't allow this kind
of flaming here,
take it back to shroomery please.

(Message edited by admin on June 25, 2004)

So I told him what I thought of him in very nasty terms. Then Decided to cool off and found he banned my right to re-edit my posts. SO I have to say, with all the hate I could muster up in fondness. Fuck him.

Sorry fellow members but this story of cubies is not true and the fact that Hippie3 dictates his site as a fascists would I will no longer have any thoughts about him except ugly ones. And will also remove his listing from my link page to the bottom where I post sites not recommended.

I also told him if he banned me then he might as well remove all of my posts from his site because I will not be associated with anyone who censors me in this particular kind of Bullshit. Or who in general censors anyones posts as he does.

He did leave my posting of the SEM to show the shape but removed my text in the post explaining how this SeVen did not know what he was talking about.

Hippie3 referred to me as flaming. Well Flame on Hippie3. I hope he compbusts and burns himself up in his fascist farenheit 451 mode of thinking.

I plan on posting this whole page from his site which this morning I created in HTML to my web-page as a bad source of info from someone named SeVen, including Hippie3's comments to me.

Of course the majority of mycotopians are really honest cool people. But I can see bullshit in a post and I am not afraid to call anyone on it.

Does anyone here remember the shroomery dude who posted alledged SEMS of his so called friend and they were Paul Stamet's photos reversed. Then he said his friend got confused and thought they were his photos. He lied, called Paul and aapop ologized but when I asked Paul about him, Paul said he did not know the guy at all. and then the kid lied his way about it and then never posted here ever again.

Peace

and I apologize to the shroomery for this disruption, but this SeVen's Story is a tale and that is all it is.

Tropical and subtropical shrooms will not fruit outdoors in Alaska in horse manure.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/25/04 01:47 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2826715 - 06/25/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would also like to point out a few other things I noticed in this post.

The images of the mushrooms. Observe how the poster (SeVeN) whited out his fingerprints fromthe image.

Now notice the caps iof the mushrooms. Why were certain areas along the caps also whited out. I examined these images in Paint and in Photoshop 7 this morning.

Picture one and two clearly shows parts of the caps of the mushrooms were whited out.

The third image is intersting becasue it shows a tray for drying shrooms used in dehydraters or from an air conditioning screen also used to dry out home grown shrooms.

SOmeone who would have such equiptment to dry shrooms would spell a lot better and not make up stories about the blue colors of spores he claims to have seen in a microsope, or the fact that blue meanies are Black spored and Psilocybe cubes are chopcolate to purple brown spores, not blue.

Image one to three.

Hopefully they will post

and

ANd again, I can understand someone blockingout or whiting out their fingerprints, but why were portions of the shrooms whited out. And they are whited out and it is as plain as day is light.

mj

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2826774 - 06/25/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that realy looks to me like the white is glare and it was screwed up by a crappy digital filter from a color or brightnes level adjustment.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2826792 - 06/25/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

MJ, the temp range in Anchorage is from mid 50s to mid 70s currently. I have grown cubes outdoors on horse manure compost within this temp range.

I think that this is possible.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: Joshua]
    #2826795 - 06/25/04 03:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

maybe but there isn't too many 'horse fields' in tx or fl that have psilocybe cubensis of the  cambodian strain growing in them, especially ones with copelandia cyanescens spores that turn blue.
:shrug:

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2826799 - 06/25/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I am sure the user intended to say the fruits turned blue. Regardless of his spelling, punctuation, and phrases I believe his story is possible. His story being that he found cubes in Alaska from recently introduced horses from areas known to support wild cubensis.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Edited by Joshua (06/25/04 03:21 AM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2826802 - 06/25/04 03:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

He might have intended to say a few more things if mj hadn't have checked him...

Alaska is just a tad north of the normal range of cubensis but anything's possible if we believe in it, right?
:grin:

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2826807 - 06/25/04 03:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's actually been a lot hotter in Alaska, they've been breaking temperature records.  Some of Alaska has been in the 90's for a few days and most is in the 70's and 80's, perfect for cubes.
They look to me like outdoor cubes, not necessarily wild.  Imho, they have many of the characteristics of an outdoor--bed grown cube.  I only doubt it being wild cause it just seems unnatural to hunt mushrooms in Alaskan pastures, cubensis have never been reported from there, not negating their existence but why is someone out looking?  And if they are out looking, what are the chances they stumble on the one farm that's recently imported horses from the south and the 60 year old farmer knows all about these magic mushrooms?

But I do think they were grown outside, just not on accident.  :blush: :grin:

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~ [Re: @cro]
    #2826825 - 06/25/04 04:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. I haven't seen any cubes that looked like those but in a totally different climate, who knows?
Wow, that's pretty hot for Alaska!

Edited by wandrnshaman (06/25/04 04:25 AM)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2826829 - 06/25/04 04:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It is hard for me to say whether it is our belief in a matter that causes the matter to exist or that the matter has to just be understood. I think the line between the two is a fine one.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #2827045 - 06/25/04 06:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joshua said:
I am sure the user intended to say the fruits turned blue. Regardless of his spelling, punctuation, and phrases I believe his story is possible. His story being that he found cubes in Alaska from recently introduced horses from areas known to support wild cubensis.

Joshua

thank you for being to voice of reason.
all mj wanted to do was spout obscenities
and rant against someone he knows
absolutely nothing about.

and to mj-
you posted whatever on the board yourself,
so i'll not waste my time going after you
to remove anything.
so get a lawyer, i already have one.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #2827050 - 06/25/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

" IF they looked like blue meanie spores than then the shrooms would not be P. cubensis."

don't be so dense, you old fool.
there's a strain of cubies being sold
called Blue Meanies.
he never said those were copes,
as they are quite obviously cubies.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder