Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekundun6
Figment of your imagination
Loc: More or Less
Re: Casing Troubles
    #282141 - 03/30/01 10:44 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

The terrerium is a large green rubbermaid container with a sheet of plexiglass with weights on it for a top.

Air exchange consists of a small fish bubbler with the outtake going into a glass of water in the terrerium, thus bubbling. I try to air it out a couple times a day, but often times i forget.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Casing Troubles [Re: kundun6]
    #282333 - 03/30/01 01:41 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

More air, less peroxide.

OfflinePogo
Loc: Both
Re: Casing Troubles [Re: puscle]
    #282811 - 03/31/01 05:18 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Make sure you have enough substrate in it... I had the same poblems, and making the substrate layer deeper helped...

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Casing Troubles [Re: puscle]
    #282858 - 03/31/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Might want to as puscle said lower the amount of peroxide in your casing. Even though it doesnot harm your mycelia it still affects time and growth parameters. Your airexchange also sounds a bit low. Here is an interesting setup that works very well for my friend. Go to wally-world and buy some more of that tubing thats connected to your bubbler, and a three way divider for your tubing. Melt three holes just above the height of your internal growing boxes spaced an even length apart, so as to reach all the inside space. Cut your tubing in to three sections and put one tube in each hole about an inch. Connect all three to your three way divider( make sure to open all the airways on the divider), and connect the divider to your pump via a small section of tubing. Run the pump about an hour each day. This gives your growing chamber plenty of air, and doent require alot of extra effort. One other possibility is the moisture content of your casing may be too much making it very hard for the mycelia to grow through. High CO2 levels have caused my friends containers to grow small ones before, but with the addition of more O2 they developed into nice mushrooms with in the next flush

Its two in the morning......Do you know where your paperbag and flashlight are?

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom