Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
How the fuck do I get a job!?
    #2816335 - 06/22/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have no mode of transportation, my brothers are on the internet all goddamn day so even if someone does call for a job interview they arnt going to get through. This BS is pissing me off I've bein trying to get a job for almost a year now. The only thing I can think of is giving my friends number on my resume and have him tell me (or I might be there) when they call. I need a job badly if I dont get one by the end of the summer this is going to be one shitty summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
Re: How the fuck do I get a job!? [Re: sHrOoMeRrR420]
    #2816338 - 06/22/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Go put in applications for somewhere in walking distance. If there are some. You will have to keep your bro off the damn phone line though. Or you could try getting on somewhere a friend works, and ride with them maybe?

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2816339 - 06/22/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sHrOoMeRrR420 said:

I need a job badly if I dont get one by the end of the summer this is going to be one shitty summer.

Maybe you should try and get one for the start of the summer instead. :wink:

Also, a cell phone.

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
Re: How the fuck do I get a job!? [Re: RunDMT]
    #2816342 - 06/22/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, no doubt. Its way easier to get a job before summer starts. Because work gets harder to come by in the winter..

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #2816344 - 06/22/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

DO some work experience at a place that looks cool to work in. work your ass off make htem like you, and youl be hired :P

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2816493 - 06/22/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

my brothers are on the internet all goddamn day so even if someone does call for a job interview they arnt going to get through.

if that's the biggest problem get yourself a cellphone

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: How the fuck do I get a job!? [Re: stefan]
    #2816532 - 06/22/04 08:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Obviously if I need a job I dont got the money for a goddamn cell phone... (No I dont have a stash of money in the bank or something)

How do you work for job experience? you just volunteer yourself to them or something?

Edited by sHrOoMeRrR420 (06/22/04 08:13 AM)

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2816557 - 06/22/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

2 questions

how old are you?(yes its valid in this thread)

its this a P/T or F/T job you want?

OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

#2816558 - 06/22/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have experiance at getting work experiance from when i was younger, (its compulsory in UK). This is what you do:

1)First write a CV, and write your qualifications or whatever, including a letter about your skills and details etc. In the letter state why you want to do that work experiance.

2)After writing the letter, mail it to several employers/shops or whatover kind of job you were looking for (make sure you change the letter to suite whatever employer you're sending it to obviously).

3)Write in the letter to leave you a message and say you'll contact them letter because of important studies or some crap like that.

4)They will probably contact you quite soon, and most of them will gladly want you (free work, duh!).

This is basically how to get job experiance, but im not sure if its the way to go about getting a job...
Mayb if you do really well, and are then experianced, they will give you a job..

what kind of job are you looking for?

Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
    #2816567 - 06/22/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you have little experience getting a job so don't expect to start at anything to high. just aim for where you think you'd be good for and be someone likely to get that job (ex: just cuz ur good in computers, doesn't mean ur gonna find one) try some restraunts or fast food or convenience stores wherever they need help, and if they say they need help make sure to bother the manager as much as possible, showing ambition. the only jobs i have ever gotten for myself is when i go and harass the employer repeatedly, ask for immediate interviews, ask when the manager will be in, go talk to him/her. got me 2 jobs this month.

Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Re: How the fuck do I get a job!? [Re: bent]
    #2816573 - 06/22/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

do that and you will get a job. talk to 5 managers and i guarentee you will get one, just explain about your brothers not being on the phone and demand that you call them... thats better than waiting for them to get around with you. in fact maybe next time i want apply ill lie and tell them when can i call and talk to you again because my phone line is tied up all different times of the day with my brothers on the internet and its hard to get my calls. lol just bother the managers, u will get a job. IM TELLING YOU MANNN!!!

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
    #2816603 - 06/22/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

mobiles dont cost much, sure the nice ones are expensive but the cheap ones are really cheap, theres no way you couldnt afford one. and about work experience, just go to a place that youd like to work at and ask them if you can do a weeks worth of work experience. tell them if they liked the way you worked to pay you for the week you worked and to take you on but if they didnt like the way you worked then they dont have to pay you and youll go someplace else. dont stay for more than one week if you arent getting payed because youll be getting ripped off

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2816612 - 06/22/04 08:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Explain your phone situation and keep checking back with them.  Got a bicycle?  If so you just extended your work range by 10 miles unless you are athletic or lazy then it may be a bit more or less. 

Oh and you could accidently break the computer, the modem ideally or maybe try to explain to your bro and beat him down if he doesn't listen  :wink:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: How the fuck do I get a job!? [Re: Adom]
    #2816614 - 06/22/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah and go to your local employment office if your american, there is no reason you can't find a job if you will work. Most cities have ways you can work for 7-8$ an hour and get payed daily.

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #2816832 - 06/22/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Just ask some of your friends if you can put down there number as a message phone number for jobs. Make sure it's a friend that's going to get you the message. I did this when i was young and did'nt have a phone.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
    #2817491 - 06/22/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, finding a job is the simplist shit ever, i never believed that until some unfortunite things happened and my best friend and I became homeless in Jackson Wy (the richest county in America) the first day we were there, we went to almost 20 different stores, didnt matter what type, and applied. We had no phone, no adress or anything, tell them that (you have atleast an address) and ask them if you can come back in for an interview. Don't lie on the application, but be polite, well mannered, and dress as nicely as you can, not in a tux or anything. It takes persistance, and for anyone to tell me they can't find a job, thats bullshit, the aren't trying hard enough. If nothinbg else, go to the Temporary work agency in your town, andapply there, show up every morning by 7:30 A.M. and you'll most likly have work until you can find a full time or part time job. Also, dontbe picky on the hours. Good luck.

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

InvisibleChairman Meow
Concern Pork
 User Gallery

#2817560 - 06/22/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

apply somewhere in walking distance, or i'm sure you can find loose change to catch the bus, then when you apply put a specified time of when its best to call you and keep your brothers off the phone/net during that time. also they usually have a place for email addresses so if you want them to email you instead just tell them.

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2817580 - 06/22/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you go in for the job interview and say "BITCH, GIMME DIS JOB!" and you get it. It's better if you have a gun too.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2817691 - 06/22/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in the same boat as you, with no success really... well I got a 3 week job at a gas station... thats ok I guess... anyways, what i did was walk to every god damn store, company and hotel in my town and ask the maagers there if I could get a job. But asking a long time before the summer break and having applications is a +++

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleCoolio

#2822424 - 06/23/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Don't worry about having a valid phone number, because chances are you'll never get a call in the first place. No company, especially during times of higher unemployment like now, is going to CALL YOU. It's up to you to call them and try to speak to a manager as soon as possible, and ask them if you can schedule an interview while you're on the phone. Even better, instead of filling out an application and handing it to a random person there, ask if you can speak to a manager and hand them the application in person. Then ask for an interview immediately. You have to go out of your way to get the job, they're not going to hand the thing to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale