Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Astral Projection
    #2799657 - 06/16/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post your experiences, your teqniques... and thoughts about it. I'm very interested in this topic. As a matter of fact, Astral Projection is what first got me interested in the spiritual.
I'll post my experiences with it.

Well the first time it happened I was meditating in my bed... after a while I got sick of sitting up and meditating and layed down continuing the same state of mind. What probably happened is that my body fell asleep along with my conscious at some level... next thing that happens is I'm trying to open my eyes, but they wont open, I'm totally freaked out. I try to pull up my eyelids with my hands (which felt soo heavy... up untill one point where it was like I lifted my hands out of water), and I felt touching my eyelids but I couldnt lift them open. It was really weird. I started freaking out and banging on the wall trying to wake my mom up, but as much as I was banging I wasnt making any sound, I tried everything, screaming and banging away. Next thing I remember I'm running around in my livingroom in a crazed distorted frenzy. I dont remember how I got myself into my body again, but it happened and I i opened my eyes scared as fuck and couldnt sleep the rest of the night. I asked my mom the next morning if she heard any bangin on the wall, she didnt.
Later, weeks later I get into a goa trance band called Astral Projection, I was searching about info on them and stumbled upon a site explaining exactly what i experienced. And thats how I got into it.

I've tried it a number of times since, but never really succeeded, the one time I remember almost succeeding was I could see in my astral form (though my eyes were shut) and what i saw was a spirit walking infront of me. Probably this spirit who I was contacting around that time, that scared the hell out of me because I was cought off guard and... well... you can imagine... i struggled the fuck trying to wake up and eventually sicceeded.

Other atempts have only lead to the buzzing sensation and focus on my astral self... but getting out of my body is sooo hard!

I tried again last night and I got to the point where I felt my conscious shifting its level. it was really weird, but the experience in itself caused my heart to beat fast and my adrenaline was shooting... I managed to calm myself down, but I think by that time it was too late.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Astral Projection [Re: filthysock]
    #2799845 - 06/16/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My uncle, a trippy guy, very quiet, my dad said had experienced astral projection on several occasions.

One of his first experiences was walking through his father whilst going to the toilet one night. He said he thought his dad saw him and was going to move around him but he just walked straight through him.

He stated that their are entities in the astral realm. The bad ones sense fear, they play tricks on you to scare you and fear will attract more.

Another experience was seeing other peoples lives or through hundreds of different peoples eyes, he said it was completely uncontrolable and was snapping between existances.

The method my uncle described for first leaving his body, he said he was meditating on a mantra for making the physical body float but it wasn't the physical that rose!

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2799963 - 06/16/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

When I was 19 I had such an experience while peaking on 7 hits of blotter acid. I was sitting in a clearing in the forest, at sunrise, conversing, or what passes for it after 7 hits of acid. I did not quit talking, but noticed that I was about 50 foot up looking down from above the trees. At first I enjoyed the feeling, then in the back of my mind I thought maybe I was going to die, though it was very pleasant, and I got scared and the experience ended.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Astral Projection [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2800830 - 06/16/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

when I was 34 I took a rusty musical saw and tried to cut open my belly and let my soul bleed out into the arms of the universe.

Didnt work though, I just ended up getting an infection and some antibiotics. But I guess that is pretty spiritual in its own little way

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Astral Projection [Re: Positronius]
    #2801103 - 06/17/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

interupted sleep is the best way ive found to induce OBE's.
wake up a few hours early, read or something for an hour than go back to sleep and focus on the blackness of your eyelids.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Astral Projection [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2801594 - 06/17/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah that sounds like a good way of doing it since you need to be sleepy but you should still be able to keep your focus.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2801599 - 06/17/04 07:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Interrupted sleep and astral projection, eh? Yeah, that's it, that's what we were doing at Abu Ghraib prison - teaching the detainees to project.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/17/04 11:19 AM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Astral Projection [Re: Swami]
    #2802083 - 06/17/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It is well known that physical hardships can bring about such detachment...so maybe they are receiving good spiritual training.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Astral Projection [Re: Swami]
    #2802208 - 06/17/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Interrupted sleep and astral projection, eh? Yeah, that's it, that's what we were doing at Abu Ghraib prison - teaching the detainess to project.

Then you find yourself questioning if you're cynical  .... :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Astral Projection [Re: MAIA]
    #2802213 - 06/17/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
Quote:

Interrupted sleep and astral projection, eh? Yeah, that's it, that's what we were doing at Abu Ghraib prison - teaching the detainess to project.

Then you find yourself questioning if you're cynical  .... :wink:

MAIA

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #2802307 - 06/17/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

uh right sure... abu graib prison... thats what were talking about...

now back to the topic:
the whole basis of astral projection is 'walking a razor' or tightrope between the sleeping and walking states of conciousness. This is why the interupted sleep technique works well for both OBE's and lucid dreams, they interupt the usual sleep cycles and allow us to hold on to awareness even as our bodies fall asleep, releasing the physical hold on the energy body.

Then your ready to roll

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Astral Projection [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2811408 - 06/20/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I never seem to be able to lift myself out of my body. I usually work with my right hand first. I think its because I always work with that first that I can feel contact with my astral right arm first.. like I'm training up that area. Anyway, I got one question for those experienced. When do you know you can presume to get out of your body. What do you feel or experience at that stage that lets you know you can now leap out?
And another question... how do you move your astral body, the same way you do with your physical body or do you have to "think it" in some way?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom