Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMirrorImage
Glove box
    #2790335 - 06/13/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

been using a home made glovebox for a while now & am having great success with it. only thing is, that it is a pain in the ass to set up every time. so, as i came into some money recently, i thought i would invest in a decent glovebox. looking through the web, i spotted this one by
myco supply.

just wondering if anyone knows if there are any better ones than this out there? 

cheers! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Glove box [Re: MirrorImage]
    #2790353 - 06/13/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lot of money for pvc and clear plastic 289.00 wow :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: FallenShroom]
    #2790363 - 06/13/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineIfIWereARichMan
journeyman
Re: Glove box [Re: Citric]
    #2790440 - 06/13/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Get a flowhood instead. Much less restrictive.

OfflineRat
Stranger
    #2790669 - 06/13/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

My glove box cost $6 and it probably just as effective as the $290 model that myco supply has. Is the pain that much that you'd rather put down that kid of money for something that can't be much more complex than what you have.

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
    #2790693 - 06/13/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lol i love how he said "came into money!"

what a great hobby this is

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
    #2790817 - 06/13/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

there has to be something up with that glovebox... HEY MYCOSUPPLY DUDE, LET US IN ON WHY ITS SO EXPENSIVE!

InvisibleMirrorImage
Re: Glove box [Re: berto23]
    #2790848 - 06/13/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i've already gone down the route of making a glove box cheap - it works ok - but quite frankly could be better. i can't be ringed to make a more effective one, as i am rather short on time. & time is money - so am willing to make an investment that will give me the guarenteed sterility for doing work with agar, etc. something my current glove box does not do. i do take your points on board though. the reason i asked the question in the first place was because i wanted to know if there was a better one (than the one mycosupply offers)that anyone knew off. maybe i will look into the flowhood idea though. thanks for the suggestion.

pics of my current glovebox - making prints:

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2790933 - 06/13/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Nothing is guaranteed sterile. If you are still having contam problems with the glovebox you've got now, I bet it's something else in your procedure, not with your glovebox. Down with the 290.00 glovebox. You are basically throwing your $$$$ away. Invest it in something worthwhile. Just my 2 shits.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #2791687 - 06/14/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have got by fine with a clear plastic bin and a roll of cling film. Just lay the box on its side, pull the cling film tight over the front. Leaving a gap at the bottom to put your hands under.
Avoid drafts, and spray around inside with some anti-bact.

A glovebox is not a substitute for good aseptic technique.

Have everything you need inside before you start, that way you are not going outside your glovebox and picking up contams. Have lots of Isopropyl Alcohol to clean stuff. I have done dozens of grain to grains in this setup, so for no contams.

The bin with its lid is also a good place to let things cool down after PCing, I think my contams of old were due to letting the jars cool down in a contam rich environment, as the jars cooled they drew in contams.

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2792320 - 06/14/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well , i dont want to judge your construction, but the teks here work wonders. i know its a pain to search...<pretend i have never posted without searching:)>but this dogs been beat to death a couple times. i have a tub with a comp fan mounted on the side , i think is a tek here.
as of late i am getting lasy <thx magash :wink:.i dont turn fan on,sometimes use gloves sometimes not, but ill say this i am very sterile. wipe everything down before,dont touch anything with needle but what im injecting.i just pretent im working in a lab with hazardous chems. so far i get no contams either way.

Nex

if you follow Magash, shrooms will come!

--------------------
Nexxiss Reign
"as I looked into the Sun and realized the race is not to the swift nor Knowlege to the wise ..nee the yet strenth to the strong...nor Riches to the poor.But time and Chance hapenth to us all!

InvisibleMirrorImage
Re: Glove box [Re: Nexxiss]
    #2792584 - 06/14/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

*sigh* just a few points - first of all - i haven't really had any contams with my homemade glovebox. just the one out of maybe 20 times using it. secondly, i wanted to invest in a proffesional setup. i want features like pass through, possitive pressure - hopefully with an isolation chamber. this will come in incredibly useful when working with agar & general strain isolation. having looked at the responses though, i've decided to go about making a flow hood. thankfully i have a m8 who is good with practical things, & is willing to help me sort out the build. thanks for the help everyone - you helped me reach a decision :smile:

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #2792677 - 06/14/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think you will be better off accepting that some will fail. 1:10 is perfectly acceptable to the home grower IMO.

You say 1:20, I would say your technique is well on form!

If you are going to be cloning from live tissue, peroxide/glovebox works well enough for me, sterile areas are needed when isolating spores from the wild. I would like to play, but can't afford the microscope right now.

Having said that, I am planning building a flowhood, cos I am a enthusiastic muppet  :tongue2:

InvisibleMirrorImage
Re: Glove box [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2792704 - 06/14/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well said psilomonkey! i guess the biggest problem with the whole glovebox thing is the limited space. i guess if you are innoculating a few jars the glovebox does quite well. however if you gotta do mycobags & jars - it all gets very traumatic (see above pics for spore printing hell). flowhood does seem to be the way forward - already reading up on it. :smile:

Offlinedoomsdayrobert
Stranger
Male

#3923766 - 03/15/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The glove box looks nice, but now it runs for $350! I couldn't imagine
paying such a price...You should be able to find a decent glovebox for quite a bit cheaper. If you have the money and don't mind spending it, then go for it.

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

Re: Glove box [Re: doomsdayrobert]
    #3923920 - 03/16/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The way i look at it is if you can make one as good as that one in say....4 hours for $20, youre getting paid about 60$ an hour....DAMN! I wish i could find a job like that. A couple nice features you could easily add are the positive pressure thing and a double door entry chamber for putting shit in there easily and constantly. Maybe even incorperate a UV light to make a decontam air lock chamber....oohhh ahhh....

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Glove box [Re: Darkie]
    #3925063 - 03/16/05 11:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man. If you're going to spend a nice chunk of money, let's say $250 plus. You should check out flowhoods for sure. There so much easier to do work with. Check ebay. Every now and then one comes up there for auction, or i'm sure someone here might have a link up their sleave.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Glove box [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3925080 - 03/16/05 11:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

PM agar, he has plans for an excellent pro flowhood...it was either 150 or 250 or something...BIG arsed thing though...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3925087 - 03/16/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck that glove box man, mine cost 10 dollars and It works perfeclty.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (03/16/05 11:11 AM)

Offlinedoomsdayrobert
Stranger
Male

Re: Glove box [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4108374 - 04/28/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Fuck that glove box man, mine cost 10 dollars and It works perfeclty.

Yeah, I made a glove box out of an empty case of beer, a plastic drop cloth, rubber gloves, tape and scissors. It cost abou $4 for some nice dishwashing gloves...
It's not the best, but if you wipe the inside with lysol it won't fail :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag