Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
books written by S&P members...who's would you read?
    #2790169 - 06/13/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

here are my choices, and for those that I picked out, how accurate am I?  :grin:

Swami:  for a great dose of common sense that's easy to understand and a hint of cynicism, swami would deliver on all cylanders.  a fast (and probably short) book on the importance of being authentic, responsible for one's actions, increased awareness, and an overall sense that we might be making this world a little too complicated for ourselves.

Ped:  not only would this be a joy to read, but one would encounter logic not normaly seen in western society.  articulate in every sense of the word, Ped would be an author who will leave the reader dazzled and amazed on how much we might be ignoring regarding existence on a whole.  Ped...making difficult ideas not as difficult...can you feel the love?

Markosthegnostic:  no one at S&P would be able to combine litterly hundreds of different philosophies on each subject presented into a single book cohesive enough to understand, but chalk-full of information as to not let the reader feel disappointed. knowledge litterly flows from his finger tips.  If there ever was a book to present nearly the entire spectrum of mankind's different philosophies, and stick them all together for support of each other...markos would be the man hands down.

shroomism: love and light, compassion and togetherness, service to others...these are just a taste of the many teachings this book would offer.  i think this book would be great in teaching openmindedness and togetherness in order to make this world a much more peacful place to live in.  the intent would be known, whether it's meditation, astral projection, balancing chakra's, or jsut handling the different situations life throws out at you, this book would be a comfort and a very informative read.

trendal:  a blend of science and philosophy a wrapped in a huge dose of common sense and humbleness.  this owuld be book that would give out specific details on what isn't known about our universe, tied into with what is known. not so much in giving assertions, but rather asking questions making the reader think on what is really happened and some of their implications.  a venture more of us should delve into.

those are my picks...which ones are yours?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2790191 - 06/13/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now tell us of the kaiowas' book.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2790194 - 06/13/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would pick shroomism and trendal :thumbup:  And ped too, but only after I've managed to broaden my sense of the english vocabulary :smile:  I can only imagine a book by ped would be so big and contain heavy philosophies, but interesting and very well put none the less.

You really got their individual styles down man :wink:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: Swami]
    #2790197 - 06/13/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

yeah, I was gonna say  :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2790508 - 06/13/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you guys would actually read my book... I've been toying with the idea of writing one for quite some time now. Of course you guys know what the content would consist of mostly... but I might throw a little loops in there you wouldn't expect :laugh:

I've actually written a few "chapters" already..stored on some computer somewhere.. but this may be just the inspiration I need to get it started again.

As for me.. I would want to read a book written by Ped for sure.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2790520 - 06/13/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do it!

I think a large amount of poster here at the s&p have lots of potential to write good spiritual philosophic books.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2790562 - 06/13/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It would be a very fantastic idea to collaborately publish a Spirituality&Philosophy book that consists of chapters and subchapters of spiritual and philisophical assertations, insights, thoughts, excerpts and such of Shroomerites, with each chapter per shroomerite's S&P literature that they wish to share with the world...
And of course, share the profits equally.

"Spirituality and Philosophy of The Shroomery"

For the most part, it would simply be a matter of waiting until everybody who wishes to participate has written their contributory 'chapter' for the book, and then organizing the chapters in whichever fashion is collectively elected by the group of authors, then sending the final copy of the book to Frog, a lawyer, who can handle the legal matters of publishing it.. and then let it fly from there.  :rocket:
I would contribute, gladly.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (06/13/04 06:48 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2790710 - 06/13/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I barely have the attention span to read half of these long posts, let alone a book by someone here.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2790757 - 06/13/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting thread. Myself, I would definitely choose the same members that you listed, for almost exactly the same assessments you gave. :thumbup:

I would also like to think that Frog would write an enertaining scripture. I haven't been around for awhile, so I can't think of anyone else's book I would read at the moment...

Come to think of it, I would definitely read Deiymiyan's book as well. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2790894 - 06/13/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, we can do this!!! 

each chapter(s) will be our name..or something.

this could be a start of something really beautiful :laugh:

I got a couple of ideas as it is, but i don't know if it would be unique.

nevertheless a book idea is super sweet.  hella cool idea!  :thumbup:

so far skorp shroomism me and fireworks will contribute!! who's else is in??  :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: Swami]
    #2790931 - 06/13/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

hehe my ego can't resist :wink:

kaiowas:  my book would center around using common sense in order to bring about love and compassion in our everyday lives.  to use our ego and negativity as tools in order to become way more efficient in what we want to do. better yourself, which in turn helps better the people around you. this in turn would give ideas to bring back the appreciation and awe in existence itself.  now doesn't THAT sound like a book to read :wink: hehe

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2790939 - 06/13/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The collective visions book of spiritual perceptions.. I love it!! :thumbup: :grin:
I'd love if Swami and Markos would like to contribute as well.. it would provide a vast diversity of insights and other such magickal formulas.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2790944 - 06/13/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"I'd love if Swami and Markos would like to contribute as well.. it would provide a vast diversity of insights and other such magickal formulas. "

EXACTLY!

personally i would love to see those main five do the book or at least be the centerpeace of the book.  they are all diverse enough and yet....they all have a little something in common don't they...

kinda why I posted this in the first place :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2791129 - 06/13/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if the poster even posts in this forum, but I would read a book by Spud.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2791131 - 06/13/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen him post here occasionally, and I agree.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2791188 - 06/13/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

id contribute to this....actually, the more i think about it, i wouldnt probably add anything new to anyone here...so i probably wouldnt

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Edited by CleverName (06/14/04 07:40 AM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: CleverName]
    #2791753 - 06/14/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would too.

But I understand if y'all don't think I've proven myself as much of a writer. I don't spend that much time writing, but I have a lot of things bouncing around in my head.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2791782 - 06/14/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i dunno jacques
i always thought you went pretty deep :grin:

Edited by mr crisper (06/14/04 08:25 AM)

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: mr crisper]
    #2792299 - 06/14/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think a collection of essays by shroomerites would be an awesome project. I'd be willing to contribute in any way I could. Great idea dudes!

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: chunder]
    #2792318 - 06/14/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'd be damned if I dont contribute... that is... if its allright with all of y'all's.

Its going to take some time though, but I guess that goes without saying.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder