Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Another New Species of Psilocybe from Koh Samui
    #2786714 - 06/11/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In 2001, myu expedition group and I observed more than ten thousand of these shrooms in single rice paddies from one end tot he other like rugs.

I thouth they were Stropharia mushrooms. Roy Watling Identified them as an unidentified Psilocybe.

They grow to heights of from 2 to 8 inches tall.

So just a baby ne today. I saw dozens of them just coming from last nights thre hour monsoon rains.

So one picture is all I can spare. they have to be put inthe desicant while still fresh for chemial analysis and DNA. The caps are the same colors as Cbes when fresh and then dry to an off whitish color.

The stems are scaley with filaments like some Pholiotas.

mj

Cheers and later to all.

Because of my woulds I again cannot go inthe ocean for a few weeks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Another New Species of Psilocybe from Koh Samui [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2786819 - 06/12/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nice!

Are these an active species of Psilocybe?

What wounds do you have that prevent you from going in the ocean? Wise decision not to go into the water if you have open cuts. There's all kinds of bad bacteria and protozoa that live in tropical waters.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2786824 - 06/12/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Its definetly got a Psilocybe look to it.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Another New Species of Psilocybe from Koh Samui [Re: Gumby]
    #2786829 - 06/12/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Non-active Psilocybe.. They grow very tall and I posted images recently of a field of them somewhere here or int he grow log and picture forum. Probably within the last two weeks.

AS for the ocean, Staff and sand fleas are coo mmon here in the islands.

mj.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2786834 - 06/12/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I hate sand fleas with a passion. We camped out on the beach one night but never slept because the sand fleas attacked the bejesus out of us. I had literaly hundreds of red spots on me the next day.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2787011 - 06/12/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

' Roy Watling Identified them as an unidentified Psilocybe'

No offense but Ray Watling cant even get his own species right half the time. He lechotyped speciments of Ps.eucalypta that had none of the characteristics of eucalypta and his ID was based on the fact they were found growing off eucalyptus woodchips...

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Another New Species of Psilocybe from Koh Samui [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2788906 - 06/12/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well I usually agree with you on several items Blue Meanie but right now Roy is recovering from a severe heart attack and also has just completed a by pass surgury on his heart.

And regardless of his id on some Australian fungi, every mycologist in every book they have written has also made similar errors and mistakes in identification, so at this moment I found that cooment from you as rather rude.

If you were the head of the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh and told me that then i would have a different opinion but since he is very ill and a close friend of mine I am a little offended at your post.

You said,
Quote:

his ID was based on the fact they were found growing off eucalyptus woodchips...

In Seattle, Washington, for more than 20 years, Psilocybe cyanescens was only found in Steer-co wood chips. For the last 12 years it has been found primarily in chopped alder branches and hardly is seen at all in steer-co any more.

Many original collections are found in one habitat and then noticed more frequently in others not related to the first.

P. tampanensis is a good example. Sandy soil. Only one specimen.

The ones in Louisianna and Mississippi are found in grassy soils.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2794507 - 06/15/04 09:35 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I remember you posting pictures of these before.

Excellent find, hope you find more..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix