Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Quitting drugs
    #2765318 - 06/05/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think a responsible drug user knows when it's time to stop using drugs. I am quitting for exactly one year. I have some pretty serious brain damage and I'm going to need a long time to heal. I realized a few things tonight. I use drugs to self medicate and they only end up making me feel worse. I was under the notion that the only time I can feel good is when I'm doing drugs, which is quite sad. My mom always told me this and I kind of ignored it. I'm starting to wonder if I'm a drug addict. I haven't felt real happiness a long time and I want to get it back. I happen to turn 21 this Wednesday and this will be a real test of how strong I am. It would probably be smart to leave this site because this site is one big drug orgy but I can't leave. The sad thing is that I don't have anything else to do but come in here or go on irc. Well that's my rant. Have a good night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Quitting drugs [Re: ]
    #2765832 - 06/05/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One of the hardest things Ive had to personally deal with was having my body reject the drugs I loved. That was in 1996. I was sober for about 6 years. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I wish you good lukc, stay strong, and stay healthy. You will know when you are ready to have some chemical fun again and be able to manage it a lot better.

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
    #2765925 - 06/05/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad that you became aware of your addiction and its solution for cease. Try other forums such as S&P to expand yourreason and share your thoughts. Try the Ethnogeon forum to grow plants that can be used as medicine or just for plain hobby. Explore all that was hindered opaque by your addiction.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2766882 - 06/05/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds like you're right about needing to quit. Using drugs is a slippery slope. Suddenly it's like *boom* intense chemical happiness on top of however your life has been...but then gradually everything else while yer sober gets grayer and grayer and eventually the only color in life is while your on drugs. Shit. Realizing you need to quit is easy. Quitting's the tough part. Let us know how it goes (a lot of shroomery posters are recovering addicts of various substances). Good luck.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Quitting drugs [Re: Barbi]
    #2767063 - 06/05/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Spooge (04/01/12 03:24 PM)

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2768487 - 06/06/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it a very long story involving mushrooms, the ER, many doctors. etc.

Basically I blacked ut on mushrooms and seized. Never had tha happen before in the hundreds of times I had done lsd... was a major pothead.. etc.

somewhere in there I picked up a math habit. Wacthed it destroy my friends lives and our friendships. I moved out and left the state sober.

I still cannot do psychedelics as I still blackout and seize, but i have found some drugs that do not cause such effects so I take them maturely. MDMA is an example. However, I would NEVER trade my 6 year sobriety time period for anything in the world. That timeperiod tought me s much about myself and how to prope,y handle drugs again when I do on the rare occasion, decide to party.

I wil stand behind anyone who makes the serious claim they need to quit, and really wants to. Sometimes a copmlete change in lifestyle is needed to hit the next step of 'growing up and maturing.

so for john, all my positive vibes to you. Feel free to msg me privatly on chat if you ever think you are gtting close to falling down again.

--freeezy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds