Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMamoaMamoa
Shroom Enthusiast
Are my oat jars bacterial?
    #27350936 - 06/16/21 05:23 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

I'm not sure with those jars. I know what super white healthy mycelium looks and smells like and for some reason I have doubts about these jars. Are there some obvious bacteria or am I just getting paranoid? It came from LC that I checked in parallel on agar, no direct contam visible on agar. What would you say?

These come from g2g of a master jar, about day 4 after transfer. Master jar can be seen here:

I was impatient when loading the jars with grain for PCing, not letting them cool down much so they were definitely more on the wet side also which I understand is a risk. Any thoughts are appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMycoctopuss
Mycoctopuss
 User Gallery

Re: Are my oat jars bacterial? [Re: MamoaMamoa]
    #27350971 - 06/16/21 05:45 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

MamoaMamoa said:
I'm not sure with those jars. I know what super white healthy mycelium looks and smells like and for some reason I have doubts about these jars. Are there some obvious bacteria or am I just getting paranoid? It came from LC that I checked in parallel on agar, no direct contam visible on agar. What would you say?

There is No Visible Contamination. just looks like healthy tomentose mycelium that is very common when you work with Lc.

OfflineMamoaMamoa
Shroom Enthusiast
Re: Are my oat jars bacterial? [Re: Mycoctopuss]
    #27350997 - 06/16/21 06:02 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

I didnt know actually that LC mostly gives tomentose mycelium. Always used agar wedges for inoculation before so this is kind of new for me. But glad to hear. Thx

Edited by MamoaMamoa (06/16/21 06:03 PM)

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
    #27351010 - 06/16/21 06:13 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

If they are bacterial it can at least be said that they aren't terrible. Spawn on!

OfflineMamoaMamoa
Shroom Enthusiast
Re: Are my oat jars bacterial? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27351057 - 06/16/21 07:05 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

:smile: good enough for me! I read that also bacterial spawn can give yields... Lets see where it goes!

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin
I'm a teapot

#27351080 - 06/16/21 07:29 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

the first jars look good to me. if there is bacteria, it'll make itself known in the second shake. once they are a bit more colonized, shake them up to see how they recover. you should be fine, but bacteria can be a sneaky bitch. the g2g jars look sketchier to me. not saying they are bacterial for certain, but i've dealt with a lot of bacterial spawn & my gut is saying those might be bacterial. they don't look horribly bacterial or anything, & you can 100% get decent returns from bacterial spawn. i've gotten pretty close to 1:1 yields on quarts spawned to dry ounces in some cases. but if there was a gun to my head, i'd say they are more likely bacterial than not. the bottoms especially give me bad vibes lol. i'm pro-tomentose but idk there's something off about how thick they are looking. maybe i'm just projecting my own bad spawn onto these jars, who knows. i'd still spawn em, though. give them a shake & see how they recover over a few days before you spawn if you're really curious

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27210398

here's my journal documenting all my bacterial oat spawn so far. hope this can help give you some ideas of what to look for!

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom