Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Loc: CT, USA
Depth of substrate
    #2723579 - 05/24/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i was just reading a bunch of posts, and that caused me to wonder, if i used the rubber maid containers (about the size used for tub in tub) and filled that with substrate think the shrooms would be MASSIVE, or think its too deep, or is there a max size the shrooms will reach???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: Depth of substrate [Re: Jiggly]
    #2723597 - 05/24/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

6 inches deep is the maximum depth you should make your substrate layer,beyond that is pointless.So 6 inches of substrate and 1 1/2" of casing material tops(1/4" per inch of substrate),and you should get some pretty large shrooms.The only problem with that is that if you use that much substrate and you do end up getting a contam,and have to get rid of it,you will be wasting alot of sustrate.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Loc: CT, USA
Re: Depth of substrate [Re: ButterNut]
    #2723609 - 05/24/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

good point

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Depth of substrate [Re: Jiggly]
    #2723876 - 05/24/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Check out mycophile's bulk neglect tek in the grow guides bulk section . He used an 8 inch substrate (why not go beyond 6?) and plenty of peroxide used at varoius stages to keep contams out

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Re: Depth of substrate [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #2723960 - 05/24/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

from what i have read,you certainly can use a deeper substrate,hell you can make it 2 feet deep if you want,however at a certain point it is not benificial any longer.At that point its better to make a larger 6 inch deep one that a smaller 8 inch deep one.Its not going to hurt anything,but it wont help either.I never have made it deeper than 4 inches,I was going by several things I have read.I will try to find some referances.And there are alot of contams that arent effected by peroxide.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

#2724048 - 05/24/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ButterNut said:
And there are alot of contams that arent effected by peroxide.

Really like what? Peroxide does away with fungi spores, bacteria and viruses.

--------------------

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Re: Depth of substrate [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #2724059 - 05/24/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Apperantly your trying to start something man,i was trying to help the guy,Im not going back and forth with you,there are alot,I know from experiance that peroxide certainly isnt a cure all,look it up,im not going to argue.

--------------------

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#2724266 - 05/24/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, hey... I'm sure no one is trying to start any fights. Peroxide is effective in some cases, but sometimes if you've got a contam that's developed too much, it's too late for peroxide. I'm assuming he was just asking what kind of contams peroxide wouldn't be effective against (In which case, he should check the FAQ and the contam section) Peace All

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

#2731009 - 05/26/04 02:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not trying to "start" anything. We're all here to share and learn aren't we?
If you know the shortcommings of peroxide then don't you think you should SHARE?
I made the statement about peroxide as this is what I believe to be true, as this seems to be the consensus. How have you tried applying peroxide, in what situations has it failed you? These are the kind of questions that when answered provide everybody here at the boards invaluable information and greatly increase chances of success.
Please don't take my post to be some kind of build up to a flame, because I don't have time for that kind of activity.

--------------------

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

Re: Depth of substrate [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #2731011 - 05/26/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I will check the FAQ and the contam section Newfound thanks :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate